Search
Register
Company Flow, Special Ed, Love Potion 5, & more updates
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

jstile

Jesse wrote:
I think I'm not being clear. I'm not saying "hey, lay off me, my rap feelings are hurt." I completely agree that it's fair game for people to say and think whatever they want about my work. It's not like I'm too cool to get off on the attention.

But it has nothing to do with discussions of other artists' work. When people point out that I'm shitty and unpopular as a response to me saying I prefer a record they don't prefer or hate a song they love, it's not unfair to me as an artist. It's just a bad way to have a conversation, and it winds up turning every thread I post in into being about me, and despite what some may think I have ZERO interest in that.

Naw it's cool, I'm fairly sure that I wasn't being clear either. I came off offensive in my first post, but that wasn't the intention. I think I'm in the 5% of posters who doesn't really have much interest in the new "bait Jesse D" game. You are a rapper, but even if you weren't the question would still have been "what do you chat about that is so much worthier than talking about work." Work is a part of all our lives on some level, and we all have our issues with it. I think that Aes keys into the issues that a lot of people have with how they spend their lives earning money for other people. Basically, I'm now rambling to get to a point that earlier I didn't really put forward in enough words: I think that work is a decent enough topic to make art about, and Aes does it well. You disagree. That's cool.

The other thing about what you say in your art being a critique of your opinions? Well, first up I definitely didn't think you were catching feelings on that one. And I'm not saying it's right. Thing is, there's always gonna be people who bring up what you say on the mic as a counterpoint to what you say in real life, and even more so on the internet. It is unavoidable, and it is fair game. It's part and parcel of being an even minutely public figure. Your deal is that, well, you're opinionated, and you seem to get under people's skin, so the likelihood of them saying "you don't know shit all about hip hop cuz you're not popular/you write shitty lyrics/you have a lisp" is gonna be a lot higher. It's your cross to bear man, though I'm sure you're already aware of that. I don't really have anything else to say on the matter.

Back on topic though...

Yeh that was the one mancabbage, I was also right at the front! Most likely 5 foot apart and never even knew it, small world.

And El-P losing that much work is fucking horrible. Considering how long he works on shit before putting it out... damn.
Post Mon May 11, 2009 6:29 pm
Dr Sagacious

In other news, I just listened to Love Potion No. 5, and that CD is awesome. Everyone should pick it up.

I also got the Original 11:11 Sessions. Greatness. Not a dull moment on the CD. Either of them.

"I DON'T WANNA THINK ABOUT ASHER ROTH!"
Post Fri May 15, 2009 3:29 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

http://grandgood.com/2009/05/13/company-flow-hit-me-with-that-shit-unreleased/

company flow unreleased song- hit me with that shit
Post Fri May 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Jesse

Listening to Funcrusher Plus for the first time in a long time... I swear this record wasn't even mastered. Has anyone listened to the remaster yet? Did they address the insane volume discrepancies from track to track, both relative between beat and rhyme and just altogether?
Post Fri May 15, 2009 4:59 pm
adic

Neuro wrote:
http://grandgood.com/2009/05/13/company-flow-hit-me-with-that-shit-unreleased/

company flow unreleased song- hit me with that shit

That shit is dope, thanks for posting man...

Jesse had a good point above, some of the songs on Funcrusher are hella loud compared to the rest. I might have to cop the new album if they fix all the mixing up
Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:09 pm
Embryo

OK so I'm listening to Bad Touch Example from the remaster -- holy shit, what is the deal with that reverb far off to the left side? Was that always there? Is that something they added or did the remastering just bring it out? Because that's some crazy reverb. Wowwwie.
Post Fri May 15, 2009 8:39 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

what about the rest of the album, hows the remastering in general?
Post Sun May 17, 2009 1:53 am
Guerilla S.Thompson

Is the Co Flow reissue in stores? I haven't seen it anywhere.
Post Sun May 17, 2009 11:44 am
Travadone

Guerilla S.Thompson wrote:
Is the Co Flow reissue in stores? I haven't seen it anywhere.
I'd rather you say "hey where can I get a remastered eric b and rakim paid in full"...and since u didnt say that u sir can shut the hell up!
Post Sun May 17, 2009 12:21 pm
Guerilla S.Thompson

hey where can I get a remastered version of Eric B. And Rakim's " Paid In Full"?
Post Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6