Search
Register
Shane Hall's tour fiasco. A reflection thread.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

mzehe916

Is that a venue or someone's living room?
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:27 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Was it really a fiasco? I tweeted you and you never responded. Which hurt my twitter ego a bit. haha. But I noticed your twitterings were getting negative and aggressive toward the very end of your tour. Spill the beans!
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm
MP3D
Straaaange FAMOUS!

great times man. austin welcomes you anytime :)
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:34 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

mzehe916 wrote:
Is that a venue or someone's living room?

its called the Heaven Gallery... and I'm pretty sure that its half venue half living space because as Marge, Granther and I were discussing poop + sex, we were told to please keep it down because the director had just gone to bed and we were standing outside his door...
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:35 pm
passenger

[quote="MessiahCarey"][quote="Captiv8"]I also had the dubious pleasure of seeing Shane fertilize my lawn with his urine at 2 in the morning, but it's all good.
Quote:

Haha. You're probably not the only one. I did more drinking on this tour than I did in the past 4 months.

well lets see... It was either MP3D or Shane that almost fertilized a car in the parking lot that 2 huge ass dudes were getting in causing them to flex up on us, haha...

AND THEN.. i DO believe i have photos of Shane in a compromising position in an elevator
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm
MessiahCarey

Sage Francis wrote:
Was it really a fiasco? I tweeted you and you never responded. Which hurt my twitter ego a bit. haha. But I noticed your twitterings were getting negative and aggressive toward the very end of your tour. Spill the beans!

AH! My tweets were all exclusively from an antique phone with hardly any interweb communications, so unless the tweets weren't sent to my phone (binahd and Sarah are the only 2 I have coming straight to my phone so far) I didn't get 'em till I got home. Then I figured the ship had sailed.

The tour wasn't a fiasco at all, actually...I use fiasco as an endearing term in this circumstance. Haha.

It was my first tour where I set up venues each time (last 2 times were a hybrid of pre-booked shows and open mics I bumrushed), and then paid two dudes to come out with me.

Not a SINGLE thing went wrong. Or at least, nothing substantial enough to remember...our clothes got wet from being in the rooftop bag, but that's it. Nothing that our friends in NC and Sprinfield, MO couldn't help us with!

My negativity was from the day that I realized I was going HOME and that I really don't think I wanted that...no...I definitely didn't want that. Sure, I wanted a really good night's sleep in an honest-to-goodness bed, but sometimes I'm more comfortable (and certainly more calm) in environments I'm unfamiliar with.

I may regret this, but I'll have your tweets sent to my phone now so I don't miss any. ;-)
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:54 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

haha no no. Don't do that. My tweets are internet related for the most part.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:04 pm
marge

Mary, I'm not as deep as I am wide in the height department.

Shane, I am so glad you guys made it home safe and sound and had a very nice tour/trip. Thanks for coming to my shop and putting me to work, that hasn't been happening enough lately, it is MUCH appreciated.

Love,
Your friendly merch pusher : P
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MessiahCarey

marge wrote:
Mary, I'm not as deep as I am wide in the height department.

Shane, I am so glad you guys made it home safe and sound and had a very nice tour/trip. Thanks for coming to my shop and putting me to work, that hasn't been happening enough lately, it is MUCH appreciated.

Love,
Your friendly merch pusher : P

Yes, Marge - you single-handedly saved the gas tank in Madison coaxing all your friends into buying my shit! That is VERY VERY much appreciated!

Since I've been back, I met a massage therapist that's trying to increase her customer base in my small ass town (she does $40/hr?!?!) and we came up with the idea that when I release the next record, for $80 I'll come play the album while they get their message. haha. If you lived around here or vice versa we could do that, too!!!!

<3
<3
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:22 pm
MessiahCarey

passenger wrote:
well lets see... It was either MP3D or Shane that almost fertilized a car in the parking lot that 2 huge ass dudes were getting in causing them to flex up on us, haha...

AND THEN.. i DO believe i have photos of Shane in a compromising position in an elevator

What? I want to see those elevator pics. Haha.

Yeah, that was me. After we caught that girl pissing on MP3d's car I began sauntering over to return the favour when dudes started flexing. That's when I laughed in dude's grill and gave him a pound and said "just kidding, that'd be dumb...The fuck...it smells like someone pissed on a fish over heah!""

That was before we saw that OTHER guy in his truck, hands on the weel, puking out the window, I think. I did my best to tell him to get a cab, but all he wanted was water. Don't Mess With Texas

Hahahahaha. We talk about Austin a LOT.

"YOU TOUCHED MY WEINER!!!!!" followed by the lamest fight I've ever seen.

Then MP3 fucking with those people who were littering...haha..."do you know what don't mess with texas means?!?!?!"

It was a good time.

Also of note was Captiv8's landlord/roomate. WHEW. What a dude. Ha. He tried to sell us a composting toilet AND a bracelet with stones that heal your chakras (I may end up getting one of those toilets someday, but I'll open my chakras on my own, thank you verymuch). Good stuff.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:29 pm
MessiahCarey

Mikal kHill wrote:
Shit was fun. You ripped it up, mang. No question.

-kHill

From a show perspective, NC is another show we talk about a lot. People were really reacting very well to what we did. We can't wait to get back there, and try and make it a weekend and maybe we can combine our sets into something really robust and interesting.

I've also got a situation where I may not have access to those same dudes, maybe we can work together and do a few dates in your area with TC as my backing band, and me filling in on something for y'all. That would be great fun.

Anyway...thanks man, I know how much effort you put into that (and how much the aftermath sucked) and I'm greatly indebted. I'll make something happen up here if you come up this way!
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:48 pm
passenger

MessiahCarey wrote:

"YOU TOUCHED MY WEINER!!!!!" followed by the lamest fight I've ever seen.

hahahaha, that was hilarious and ridiculous.

Lets not forget about the fried pickles!

Glad you guys enjoyed it and are welcome anytime!
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:52 pm
MessiahCarey

Fried pickles were the dopeness.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:57 pm
Captiv8

Shane, you did not tell me about the composting toilets or the bracelets, but I suppose I didn't forewarn you either! I wonder how he thought you guys were going to haul one of those monstrosities home. My roommate doesn't even use a composting toilet himself. Seems, I don't know, hypocritical. Thanks for not eating as the Krispy Kremes, btw. Now I'm fat.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 pm
JohnSchwan

Sorry I couldn't make it out to the show in N.O., it looks like my girl has a hernia and there was no way she woulda made it through a show at the time. :(
Post Tue May 05, 2009 2:14 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next