Search
Register
Shane Hall's tour fiasco. A reflection thread.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

marge

I have had such a great past couple of days!

So nice to kick it live and in real life with people I like from the internet.

Astro- Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself and your wife, nice to meet ya.

Zspot-Thanks again for the hospitality. My arm hurt something fierce from the wii. I'm going back to my video game retirement now. Had a fantastic time quilting in your livin room.

Mary, I'm so glad I finally got to meet your cute ass. GURRRRRL.

Shane, Brian, Mike, love you guys, but you already know that shit. Break a leg in miniapple and maybe I'll see ya tomorrow on ya way back thru.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Astro

Yay Shane!
You're great man. The wife and I loved it.
It was cool meeting everyone, Marge, Zag, Spot and Geometrik.
If ever yous guys are in town again, let me know.

and thanks for the freestyle buddy.
Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am
Travadone

marge wrote:
I have had such a great past couple of days!

So nice to kick it live and in real life with people I like from the internet.

Astro- Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself and your wife, nice to meet ya.

Zspot-Thanks again for the hospitality. My arm hurt something fierce from the wii. I'm going back to my video game retirement now. Had a fantastic time quilting in your livin room.

Mary, I'm so glad I finally got to meet your cute ass. GURRRRRL.

Shane, Brian, Mike, love you guys, but you already know that shit. Break a leg in miniapple and maybe I'll see ya tomorrow on ya way back thru.
do you like me? : /
Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 am
marge

a little. Just not nearly as much as you like my big ass.
Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

I've been slipping on posting in this thread.

The traveling band of derelicts that was Shane + crew were a pleasure to meet and, more importantly, a pleasure to listen to. You guys are making some damn good music. Please make more. Pleasure meeting you all. Also, I choose the restaurant next time (tofu fries with cucumber dipping sauce!!!).

Astro, I would've loved to speak with you more, as we've lived in the same places and shit, but when you introduced yourself I thought you said "Ashcroft" and I was thinking "who the fuck is Ashcroft????" Next time.

Zspot and lady (Sarah), and Zag, you all give the internet a damn good name. Kind, nice and genuine humans all around. And from what I saw, zspot can make one hell of a brunch (preferably served at six in the evening).

Marge, you are ride or die and I am sleep and live. I.O.U one road trip where I drive and you puff bowls and sleep. You're the shit.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 pm
RealJustice

Twas a pleasure meeting all you guys. (And CRAZY too!) Happy you could enjoy your day off, and next time you're in the area we'll have more fun. I promise.
Your music stuff was top notch.
All your other stuff was too.

Oh and that Cohen cover you played was fantastic. It has been in my head since you left.

Maggie and Repo say hi.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 am
MessiahCarey

Granther! It was great to meet you man...we'll have to get together and strap some suicide bombs on chickens, and see if they REALLY can get the best of the tanks. Haha. That restaraunt was horrible...we all had the mad fahts.

RealJustice - thanks SO MUCH for putting us up for not the one, but two days. It was really amazing, and I had so much fun meeting CRAZY, you, Maggie and Chuck! i know for me, personally, it was BEYOND needed for us to be able to kick back and do nothing and sort of process the few days before and what we had left...and you and Maggie are the most gracious hosts a wandering band of Dust Collectors could ask for.

My home, couch, beds, air mattresses, food, drink, songs, obnoxious laugh etc. are open to all of you if you ever, EVER need or want them.

And I've still got Repo on my TickleBomb shirt, I saw it as I was unpacking and was instantly transported to your couch in my mind.

Captiv8, too. This is HARDLY a comprehensive "glad I met you!" list, but I'm trying to write SOME sort of tour summary that I hope is more complete. But I'm actually just more excited to get back out there as soon as I can.

- Shane

P.S. - RJ I'm making a CD to put out in between folk albums, and I'm going to probably put a live version of that Cohen song on it...I think you're talking about Diamonds in the Mine

Last edited by MessiahCarey on Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:34 am
Captiv8

Though my response is for Lansing, MI and not Madison, I'd like to say it was an awesome show! Very intimate, wink wink. It was nice to meet Shane and Brian and Mike, and to share some Dubs at Mennas. I also had the dubious pleasure of seeing Shane fertilize my lawn with his urine at 2 in the morning, but it's all good. Next time you guys roll through wherever I happen to be we'll make it happen. A job well done.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:35 am
MessiahCarey

[quote="Captiv8"]I also had the dubious pleasure of seeing Shane fertilize my lawn with his urine at 2 in the morning, but it's all good.[quote]

Haha. You're probably not the only one. I did more drinking on this tour than I did in the past 4 months.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:43 am
RealJustice

MessiahCarey wrote:
Granther! It was great to meet you man...we'll have to get together and strap some suicide bombs on chickens, and see if they REALLY can get the best of the tanks. Haha. That restaraunt was horrible...we all had the mad fahts.

RealJustice - thanks SO MUCH for putting us up for not the one, but two days. It was really amazing, and I had so much fun meeting CRAZY, you, Maggie and Chuck! i know for me, personally, it was BEYOND needed for us to be able to kick back and do nothing and sort of process the few days before and what we had left...and you and Maggie are the most gracious hosts a wandering band of Dust Collectors could ask for.

My home, couch, beds, air mattresses, food, drink, songs, obnoxious laugh etc. are open to all of you if you ever, EVER need or want them.

And I've still got Repo on my TickleBomb shirt, I saw it as I was unpacking and was instantly transported to your couch in my mind.

Captiv8, too. This is HARDLY a comprehensive "glad I met you!" list, but I'm trying to write SOME sort of tour summary that I hope is more complete. But I'm actually just more excited to get back out there as soon as I can.

- Shane

P.S. - RJ I'm making a CD to put out in between folk albums, and I'm going to probably put a live version of that Cohen song on it...I think you're talking about Diamonds in the Mine

I was actually thinking of First We Take Manhattan. but Diamonds in the Mine is just fine!

Next time we are in our old stompin grounds we'll come up and check out Boston and Providence and everything in between, especially your couch!
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am
MessiahCarey

RealJustice wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:

- Shane

I was actually thinking of First We Take Manhattan. but Diamonds in the Mine is just fine!

Next time we are in our old stompin grounds we'll come up and check out Boston and Providence and everything in between, especially your couch!

First We Take Manhatten is the song that I've been toying around with recording for my next folk album. :) It was either gonna be that or "Thirteen" by Danzig/Cash...you might have put the nail in Glenn and John's coffin, though because I think FWTM is more obscure, and thus appeals to me more. Heh.
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:55 am
MessiahCarey

Astro wrote:
and thanks for the freestyle buddy.

Hey man...no sweat...I probably seemed a little reluctant, but it was weird - in just about each city I was asked to rap. I think me and MP3D freestyled our drunk asses off at that gay bar (obviously we freestyled exclusively about raping women), but that night is a LITTLE hazy. ha.

Sort of makes me want to book a hip hop tour or something. Life is funny like that...it seems that nobody cares about what you're doing until you stop!
Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 am
Mikal kHill

Shit was fun. You ripped it up, mang. No question.

-kHill
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:01 pm
cakes

cheers to a successful tour. welcome back!
Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:06 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I finally uploaded these to my computer, I only took a handful of pictures because I wanted to actually watch + enjoy the music.

Shane was pretty much everything I thought he would be, really nice, funny, full of sex jokes and poop talk. My kind of doood, dood. Great performer, very natural + engaging.

Marge is totally rad and didn't seem as tall as I thought she would be, but hilarious (natch). Armed with photos of a recent hair mishap. Classic.

Granther was super nice and went on several beverage runs. Remembered random details of forum life- very impressive!

Astro looked nothing like I thought he would (I thought you'd have black hair?), but it was great to meet you and your wifey. You guys won for "easiest commute".

Zspot was the dapper quiet man in the corner. Sorry I forgot your hoodie...next time, next time.

Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:07 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next