Search
Register
Mac Lethal, Dilly Dilly, Soulcrate in-store. Now with Pics
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jonthekingdon

mzehe916 wrote:
Klone wrote:
i know we all don't have the same taste in music but last night there were about 6 shows i would have considered seeing, for what it's worth.
sum41 at harper's ferry
new found glory at house of blues in boston
manchester orchestra at middle east.
i think sole was in boston?
bouncing souls were at paradise rock club..

not really an excuse, more like insight (as i'm not saying i would have gathered the ambition to drive to RI otherwise).. i thought it was a big thursday night in the area.. i went to see manchester orchestra.. alot of those bands draw big crowds.

Uhhhh, come on. Sum41? New Found Glory? Fuck. Manchester Orchestra? Is this your list for horrible myspace bands? Or is this the confess your secret crappy music thread?

I'm fucking sorry. I had to say something. Fuck. I normally don't knock people's musical choice, but damn. If you are over 16 then you must have felt way awkward at any of these shows. Once again, I don't hate you, but if I were riding in your car and you played any of those three bands I'd probably grab the steering wheel and drive us into a pole.

Eff it man,
Im down for some NFG or sum41!
Post Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PatrickBateman

I didn't read this whole thread..

but it's pretty funny there was a low turnout, because I came verrrry close to flying up from Florida for it.

Next time. Promise.

Next time?
Post Sat May 02, 2009 1:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Travadone

i hate all of you...

i called out of work and lost money to be there...

you all deserve a smack.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 am
PoetryBox

i wannnnnt piccsssss
Post Sat May 02, 2009 7:42 am
Klone

mzehe916 wrote:
Klone wrote:
i know we all don't have the same taste in music but last night there were about 6 shows i would have considered seeing, for what it's worth.
sum41 at harper's ferry
new found glory at house of blues in boston
manchester orchestra at middle east.
i think sole was in boston?
bouncing souls were at paradise rock club..

not really an excuse, more like insight (as i'm not saying i would have gathered the ambition to drive to RI otherwise).. i thought it was a big thursday night in the area.. i went to see manchester orchestra.. alot of those bands draw big crowds.

Uhhhh, come on. Sum41? New Found Glory? Fuck. Manchester Orchestra? Is this your list for horrible myspace bands? Or is this the confess your secret crappy music thread?

I'm fucking sorry. I had to say something. Fuck. I normally don't knock people's musical choice, but damn. If you are over 16 then you must have felt way awkward at any of these shows. Once again, I don't hate you, but if I were riding in your car and you played any of those three bands I'd probably grab the steering wheel and drive us into a pole.

Haha, get over yourself. I grew up on those bands. So shoot me if I still enjoy the music I listened to in highschool - I'll note that I do still listen to NFG not so much Sum41.

So first of all, Sum41 and NFG.. myspace bands? eh, not so much, but cute I guess.

and, Manchester Orchestra may be part of the myspace generation but I feel a little doubt in your actual knowledge of them. Andy Hull is a great song writer and their music has the urgency and raw emotion that makes me love most of the music that i love. (would you like me to leave room for a witty comment, <3)

anyways, there was no reason to derail my point with elitist music attitude. i think my point still stands.

ps. if you touch my steering wheel, you're walking home.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 9:13 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

All photos by Amanda G.

We don't have any of Soulcrate Music just yet, but their set was live as hell.

Post Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 am
Jesse

I am envious of people who could have gone to this, and contemptuous of those who could have and did not.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 am
Ardamus315

Mac and Soulcrate's did the damn thing with Educated Consumers in DC. Good times......
Post Sat May 02, 2009 10:03 am
firefly

Jesse wrote:
I am envious of people who could have gone to this, and contemptuous of those who could have and did not.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 10:42 am
JohnSchwan

I was hoping I'd get to go to one of these when I was back in the area for the summer. Louisiana gets no love from most music and art scenes, especially Baton Rouge, so I travel for shows a lot. I depend on seeing good music when I go home every so often, and now another awesome opportunity is done for.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 pm
PoetryBox

people who didnt go and could have are worthless insects....i would have love to gone. I request for a SFR showcase in toronto.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 8:08 pm
schatz1984

Looks like a swell time. :wink:
Post Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 pm
dilly dilly

Travadone wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
Travadone wrote:
I want to know the song and beat dilly dilly played where she played the hand saw...that beat was nice...

I thought that was to the song she looped live with her voice
. Could of been...it made me feel good...like the warm weather is coming and it just a hot beat...

And me wearing the dilly dilly shirt is cool like me rocking suicide girls shirts 8 years ago...

This was all improv... so it probably won't exist recorded like it was...unless the guy who was video taping puts it up somewhere!

awesome photos!

haha... the little dancing guy... he was my favorite.... he danced to everything! even the really mellow instrumental song!
Post Sun May 03, 2009 12:04 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9