Search
Register
Mac Lethal, Dilly Dilly, Soulcrate in-store. Now with Pics
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Travadone

I didn't understand the small crowd tonight.

Highlights include the kid dancing in front of the stage,amusing to watch.

Picked up a copy of the 11:11 sessions

And picked up a dilly dilly ep and shirt...they were 5$ a piece but I gave her 20 for them...she is awesome...I will rock that shirt.

Was I the only one who geeked out over the punch out intro?

I seen sage stand next to his girl? And he was rubbing her shoulder...I was very aroused...

In the end,I showed up,paid my respects to sfr...

Going to sage functions is now like mandatory meetings...

EDIT:I met winfield,easy going guy...

When I left nikki was parked next to my car...$ecret$...

Storm davis..."All the sfr cds are 10$ on this table"

"Ok ill take this one..."

"That's 15$"

"Smh"
Post Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 am
dilly dilly

tonight was fantastic!

SoulCrate and Mac rocked it hard and are wonderful folks to boot... So good

I was overwhelmed by the response.. I think it made me forget how to play somethings.

Trav, I had no idea that you are who you are (?) ha! Nice to meet you. The moneys will for sure help with the next record.

MB, great to see yous!

Storm, Jared, Amanda, Kese, Sage.... it was a wonderful pleasure to see you all again. And great to meet some new peeps.

rawk. Hope to come to town again and enjoy your presence some more!

xoxoxoxo
-dilly
Post Fri May 01, 2009 1:55 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Maybe the Celtics play-offs had something to do with the low attendance.
Maybe the KRS show the night before had something to do with it.
Maybe being tucked away in a weird city outside of Providence isn't helping the typical crowd come out.
Maybe there is not "typical crowd" anymore.
Maybe I don't have friends who bring friends or invite other people out to our events. ha. Maybe we can only do one show a year.

It's a really tough call. I left there feeling really down about how we couldn't get at LEAST 100 people out to a $10 show for Mac, Dilly and Soulcrate. I guess that's why I'm not a promoter. Now that I've acknowledged that, I'm going to hang up my promoter hat. That shit is not for me.

Every performer was so good. Soulcrate Music was the surprise of the night. I don't think anyone knew them and they really rocked. High energy, solid vocal performances...two emcees and a DJ...they nailed the performance.

Dilly Dilly totally mixed it up with a variety of instruments and song styles. Sounded great. And although the crowd was there to see hiphop for the most part, they cheered damn hard for Miss Dilly when then set was over. We even got to sing happy birfday to the lady. Oh, and she incorporated the "Drinking Out of Cups" audio into her set. Dilly...if you EVER talk over the cute lizard again you will get a red flag! Thank you for making the trek from Portland. It was really great seeing you again.

Mac capped the night off with a damn good show. He was all over the place. Incorporating good crowd interaction and exploiting the fact that I was accessible.

Thank you to those who did make it out. Most who were there are loyal SFR show goers and you rule

Last edited by Sage Francis on Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:13 am
remind

Wish I could have attended. I haven't seen Mac live in forever. I haven't even heard the Rhymesayers 11:11 live, I don't believe.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:28 am
erich

dont forget that the last show was on a friday. thursday night is regularly the only time i have a paying gig, so that's my lame excuse, but i can imagine other people not wanting to make the trip right after work, with another day of work in the morning.

who knows though. personally, i really hope you dont stop having these shows. it's a great space, great people, etc.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:35 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm not into that Thursday excuse. Doesn't really fly. The show ends at midnight. We're talking about traveling musicians who don't play around here much. Nah, the Thursday excuse is silly. That's a big club night in most parts. It's just that...there isn't a very supportive scene in these parts. That's the tall and short of it. These cheap, intimate shows are awesome...and I don't like having to jump through hoops and do various sort of promo just so 30 people can show up. That isn't where we'll be dedicating our time anymore. We'll do shows at other spots. Maybe we'll do a once a year thing at the Grant. Not sure.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 am
mzehe916

Sage, you only feel this way because you recently played "the biggest hip-hop show in Nevada" and now all crowds seem small in comparison. You haven't adjusted from the arena venue to the intimate venue of last night's show. I want SFR and Co. in Sac, intimate indeed.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:47 am
erich

alright, alright. maybe im just kicking the dirt because i was all set to go until i realized the 30th was a thursday. and for the record, i had a 9am call time in the morning last show, so the late night/work excuse doesnt fly with me either.

but whatever, fuck me. there's a million maybes for why a show could be attended poorly, but bottom line is that shit just sucks. and it sucks even more if it deters you from trying it again.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:51 am
erich

Sage Francis wrote:
It's just that...there isn't a very supportive scene in these parts.

but i thought the first one went pretty well? people showed up to support then, so im just trying to figure out what was different this time.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:57 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

It was a lot of local acts bringing in their local friends and fam. Plus, I was the headliner. These people didn't return for the most part.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:17 am
Travadone

Fuck this...I was there and that is what matters...

Trav keeps it real.

EDIT:I think I seen jared paul,I didn't get to shake his hand...I should of asked if he was still up to giving me a handjob to see if it was better than a girls...

Until next time.

Last edited by Travadone on Fri May 01, 2009 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:27 am
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.
sadly  Reply with quote  

always too far away, i need to get a real job so i can travel more!!
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:29 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

That does matter. And you came with 2 people this time. That's awesome.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:30 am
Travadone

I want to know the song and beat dilly dilly played where she played the hand saw...that beat was nice...
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:44 am
passenger

Sage Francis wrote:
I'm not into that Thursday excuse. Doesn't really fly. The show ends at midnight. We're talking about traveling musicians who don't play around here much. Nah, the Thursday excuse is silly. That's a big club night in most parts. It's just that...there isn't a very supportive scene in these parts. That's the tall and short of it. These cheap, intimate shows are awesome...and I don't like having to jump through hoops and do various sort of promo just so 30 people can show up. That isn't where we'll be dedicating our time anymore. We'll do shows at other spots. Maybe we'll do a once a year thing at the Grant. Not sure.

time to pack up and move the SFR offices to Austin! haha.... but seriously
Post Fri May 01, 2009 11:47 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next