Search
Register
new grouch and eligh?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

icarus502
kung-pwn master

I like PSC too. Plus I can talk shit about the Legends because I knew Mystik Journeymen before they (inexplicably) made that cover of Rap Pages. "Unsigned and Hella Hustling"
Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:02 pm
poisonfree

I really like the legends.
Always cool, respectable, and hard working.

I also like their music for the most part.

:)
Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jack

I highly recommend this album to everyone, very good
Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:28 pm
Captiv8

I finally had the chance to listen to this and I have mixed feelings. The first four songs left me feeling like this was going to a wasted record, but then the pace and beats began to pick up. I haven't listened to Eligh in a long time: was his flow always this fast? Over all, this is a decent record with a few early flops that are redeemed by some later gems.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:20 pm
poisonfree

Captiv8 wrote:
I finally had the chance to listen to this and I have mixed feelings. The first four songs left me feeling like this was going to a wasted record, but then the pace and beats began to pick up. I haven't listened to Eligh in a long time: was his flow always this fast? Over all, this is a decent record with a few early flops that are redeemed by some later gems.

yes about E's flow.

I'm hooked on the title track. infectious.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
benjy compson

icarus502 wrote:
I like PSC too. Plus I can talk shit about the Legends because I knew Mystik Journeymen before they (inexplicably) made that cover of Rap Pages. "Unsigned and Hella Hustling"

benjy used to attend their warehouse gigs
in oaktown, circa early/mid 90's -- & they
were as toxic to the ears then as they are now
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:28 am
Captiv8

I had some more time last night to absorb it and I have to say that it's better than I thought. I'm still scratching my head over the Boom track, but everything else sounds really good. Grouch continues to make me smile and Eligh amazes me. Highly recommended.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:50 am
MixedMess

not sure how I feel about the all in track. Can't help but to think this track has gone way soft... I do like the the other tracks I'm hearing on their myspace tho...
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

3 melancholy gypsys - grand caravan to the rim of the world

dope
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 pm
Freshman_Woes82

I got this in the mail a few days ago. I love it. I think it's definitely one of the best albums released so far this year.
Post Fri May 01, 2009 6:15 am
mikeymike415

I've gotten to listen to it twice now and overall its pretty damn good, id recommend it. I'd agree that it's fun hip-hop, and you might have to ignore a few tracks. That 'boom' track for example has a clique bay-area rap beat (wack beat, querky synth, sorta like zion-i crossed with mac-dre). The single is o.k., i guess, pretty mellow, and i can't stand pigeon john. But you can't judge the album by two songs, it's a really good album! Two thumbs up...
Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 pm
remind

Up-percut!

Yo, buy this album if you can. I listened to it in the earphones a couple times and I thought it was decent. Then I played it in the car and let me tell ya...this album is a banger. Blows the previous two volumes outta the water.
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 pm
prolific memorie

Location: Pieces of my brain dripping from the wall i was leaning against,that the cleaning lady found first.

bbreakz wrote:
I caught this on the Grouch's page the other night. Its the video for "All In" off this album. I dig it and found myself singing the hook like an hour later. Its fun. Gift of Gab's spot is cool.

[img]<object><param></param><param></param></object>[/img]

Speaking of, Gift of Gab. He and M.r Lif are playing in Mobile ,AL Sept. 4th! .Which I'm happy about because its only a 30 minute drive for me!And my friends group"Subject Matters" is opening for them . Should be a great show!
And then Sage in November, cheers to shows in the south!

thanks ,

Memorie Shae
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3