Search
Register
SLEEP April Tour (UPDATES)
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

SLEEP April Tour (UPDATES)  Reply with quote  

Sleep of oldominion, newly signed SFR artist, is hitting the road this month with his homie Josh Martinez touring as the Chicharones.

Sleep's album, Hesitation Wounds, is hitting stores on JUNE 29th!
Features Del the Funky Homosapien, Grayskul, Reanimator and more.

If you find any specifics on the dated listed below please post them in the thread.

Stay up, Sleep!!!

Apr 2 2009
The Royal
Olympia, Washington

Apr 3 2009
Satyricon
Portland, Oregon

Apr 6 2009
Tonic Lounge
Portland, Oregon

April 7 2009
@ Fox Theater in Boulder, CO

Apr 8 2009
@ Philís Radiator
Pueblo, Colorado

April 9 2009
@ Owsleys in Denver, CO

April 10 2009
Ft. Collins, CO CANCELLED

Apr 11 2009
@ Gators
Farmington, New Mexico

April 12 2009
@ Three 20South in Breckenridge, CO

Apr 13 2009
@ The Hidden House
Phoenix, Arizona

Apr 14 2009
@ The Second Nature Multi-Media Center
Albaquerque, New Mexico

Apr 15 2009
@ Foundations of Freedom Dance Studio
Gallup, New Mexico

Apr 16 2009
@ Black Sheep
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Apr 17 2009
@ Danteís
Portland, Oregon

Apr 21 2009
The Chicharones w/ Mr Lif @ Holoscene
Portland, Oregon

Apr 23 2009
The Chicharones guest spot on Famous Mysterious Actors @ Berbatiís Pan
Portland, Oregon

Apr 24 2009
@ Clippers
Olympia, Washington

Apr 25 2009
@ Berbatiís Pan
Portland, Oregon

Apr 26 2009
@ The Nectar Lounge
Seattle, Washington

May 17 2009
Sleep @ Ash Street Saloon in Portland, OR

Last edited by Sage Francis on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:11 am
box johnson

TBA Denver?
Hope this goes down @ the Marquis.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 am
dsodreams

Just what I was thinking, I see theres something else going on at the marquis that night though...some launch party thing.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 am
mzehe916

I'm sure there is a reason, but damn, no Cali dates?
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:24 am
box johnson

dsodreams wrote:
Just what I was thinking, I see theres something else going on at the marquis that night though...some launch party thing.

I've only ever seen Mac Lethal there but enjoyed the fact that the floor has enough give in it to feel like you're seeing a show in a bouncy castle. Then again, putting the 16+ near the stage and sticking me and my PBR tallboy behind a cramped ass rail was weak.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:30 am
Stumbleweed

Which is why The Gothic is so god damned awesome... don't have to worry about any of that shit. I haven't been to the new Oriental Theater -- seems like a nice venue. Anyone been there?
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dsodreams

box johnson wrote:
dsodreams wrote:

I've only ever seen Mac Lethal there but enjoyed the fact that the floor has enough give in it to feel like you're seeing a show in a bouncy castle. Then again, putting the 16+ near the stage and sticking me and my PBR tallboy behind a cramped ass rail was weak.

I saw p.o.s. there, and I had no idea about that floor. Man, thats strange. Feels like a bunch of tires are being used for support. I took this girl out a couple weeks ago and she told me something about dead bodies being found in there?? Sounded like a really bad story to me.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:46 am
Captiv8

I'm getting pretty goddamn tired of living in Michigan. Good luck Sleep et al! Kill 'em!
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:46 am
box johnson

Stumbleweed wrote:
Which is why The Gothic is so god damned awesome... don't have to worry about any of that shit. I haven't been to the new Oriental Theater -- seems like a nice venue. Anyone been there?

My buddy Jeffries used to do the lighting or sound there. It's right down the street from my job. Wish they had some better headliners.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:47 am
dsodreams

I havent been there. I do like the gothic. My first show here was immortal tech at cervantes like 2 or 3 months ago, that place was interesting.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I liked playing Cervantes. That's a nice intimate kind of setting. Where as, a lot of the other places I've played in Denver are big theater type spots.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 pm
Stumbleweed

Yeah, The Gothic is my favorite venue just because of the arrangement (has seats, no separate age-group areas, great sound), but Cervantes is probably the most fun/intimate venue and a close #2 overall.

Plus, they have bitchin' bathrooms at Cervantes... they're dirty as shit, but the art on the walls is worth holding your shit until you get home. I guess the ladies' room has couches and shit in it and girls just hang out in there... kinda funny. The 'Where the Wild Things Are' theme to the men's room is always enjoyable. And I got backstage there (pretty crappy backstage area, gotta say) and rolled a joint for Boots Riley while he told the crazy story of their van accident, so that's a good memory attached to Cervantes. Immortal Technique played there the day before the big immigration rallies in 2005, and that was the most diverse hip-hop crowd I've seen in Denver BY FAR... so there's that too.

Plus, that neighborhood is cool -- lots of history, even if it's getting yuppified quickly... love seeing pictures of Duke Ellington and whatnot and knowing the history of that building and what it meant to the community in that area back in the old days. Oh, and Ethel's House of Soul... wish she didn't retire/close, though the new place there is still good soul food.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
R. Kamidees

So Sleep hits Olympia twice, but skips over Tacoma? I'm gonna start taking this personally. I promise we'll do something about the smell.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:25 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

By the way, he booked this whole tour on his own. So cut the dude some breaks. He doesn't have pull in every city unfortunately. We will work on that in the near future.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 pm
Freshman_Woes82

That cover artwork is dope.
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next