Search
Register
BROTHER ALI - THE TRUTH IS HERE
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Jesse

The next-to-last time I visited Halifax, I was walking up Spring Garden Road with my family when a car drove slowly past bumping ME (the song was "Outfox'd").

I had to restrain myself from chasing it up the street, waving my arms and shouting, "THAT'S ME! YOU LIKE ME!!!"
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:22 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

haha. I've done that on more than one occasion. And the people NEVER believe me. That's what makes it fun. The most bizarre episode of this happening was on New Years Eve when two soldiers were playing Makeshift Patriot in their army jeep behind me. And we were on a bridge with bumper to bumper traffic.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 am
Captiv8

Sage Francis wrote:
haha. I've done that on more than one occasion. And the people NEVER believe me. That's what makes it fun. The most bizarre episode of this happening was on New Years Eve when two soldiers were playing Makeshift Patriot in their army jeep behind me. And we were on a bridge with bumper to bumper traffic.

For some reason it's hard for me to picture you driving. Are you cautious behind the wheel or do you have a lead foot?
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am
Captiv8

Freshman_Woes82 wrote:
"Little Rodney" is one of the hardest Ant beats I've ever heard.

I thought the beat was woefully repetitive, and could have been so much more. And then Palm the Joker, besides being an obvious euphemism for masturbation, was way too short for the heat within. C'mon now.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 am
remind

Ant killed it on Philistine David.

I wonder if Ali has any intentions to rock over someone else's beats...
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Captiv8 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

For some reason it's hard for me to picture you driving. Are you cautious behind the wheel or do you have a lead foot?

I don't want to sidetrack this thread. But I'm the best driver in the world. Despite what my friends say. I've driven coast to coast to coast to coast...in vans, cars, whatever...no accidents. Knock on wood. A couple speeding tickets. And even when my hood flies up and smashes my windshield while I'm on the highway, I know how to calmly make my way over to the side of the road without causing harm to others. I'm simply...the best.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:55 am
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Sage Francis wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

I don't want to sidetrack this thread. But I'm the best driver in the world. Despite what my friends say. I've driven coast to coast to coast to coast...in vans, cars, whatever...no accidents. Knock on wood. A couple speeding tickets. And even when my hood flies up and smashes my windshield while I'm on the highway, I know how to calmly make my way over to the side of the road without causing harm to others. I'm simply...the best.

"Motor oil has nothing to do with this kind of incident"
"True. But you can't latch the hood very well when you DON'T TAKE THE CAN OUT!"

As for the EP, I am patiently waiting for this thing in my mail box so I can throw it on and bump it on a walk through the city. Any day now....
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:01 pm
remind

Haha that's the first thing I thought of too.

"I swear to God you're worthless!"
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 pm
Jesse

Does anyone know if the Ali EP is out or coming out on wax?

Sage Francis wrote:
Tell me I'm right about this - having people disbelieve that you are yourself but instead believe that you are just some joker pretending to be you is the most famous feeling there is.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Freshman_Woes82

Jesse wrote:
Does anyone know if the Ali EP is out or coming out on wax?

Fifth Element has it on vinyl.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:37 pm
seandaley
passive aggressifist

Captiv8 wrote:
besides being an obvious euphemism for masturbation

this is nowhere near true, but as shown in the d.d. thread, your interpretation is all that counts.

i challenge sage to a battle in driving.

been driving for 21 years. courier work for ten. pizza delivery for 5.
no accidents, no tickets. ever.

hit one deer once almost ten years ago.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I was a paper boy. After that, I handled a bulk of the driving on all my tours. And if I remember correctly, you held off on buying a car til just a few years ago...so there's a great gap of non-driving on your record. So if it's a battle you want, it's a battle you got. I don't really know how this would work out but I guess the first to get in an accident loses (obviously.) No fatalities allowed. If this doesn't work out, then we have a demolition derby over here on the Seekonk Speedway.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm
mancabbage

....I think some of the beats on the free disc that came with the last album were non ant beats?

is that ant/ali/slug record still happening?
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm
SteveJB

Sage Francis wrote:
I was a paper boy. After that, I handled a bulk of the driving on all my tours. And if I remember correctly, you held off on buying a car til just a few years ago...so there's a great gap of non-driving on your record. So if it's a battle you want, it's a battle you got. I don't really know how this would work out but I guess the first to get in an accident loses (obviously.) No fatalities allowed. If this doesn't work out, then we have a demolition derby over here on the Seekonk Speedway.

Your next video perhaps?

Think Got Up This Morning but with a demolition derby.

B Dolan could jump a motorcycle over the flaming wreckage at the end.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 pm
seandaley
passive aggressifist

Sage Francis wrote:

ask bird who did the bulk of driving on most of my tours.
i even rocked a good portion of the joint you came with.
and when i wasn't driving, i was the gps.

as for my time of not owning a car, it lasted 3 years, 2000-2003.
and you are forgetting that i was shacking up with a girlfriend who had a car. remember the winter saab?
after the ex-queen moved out, i bought the truck at the end of 03.

i got you kid.
it's on and popping.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next