Search
Register
J.Paul & B.Dolan show in NYC. ---TODAY---MARCH 10
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jared Paul

J.Paul & B.Dolan show in NYC. ---TODAY---MARCH 10  Reply with quote  

This Tuesday, March 10th
D-Lounge Cabaret
101 East 15th Street, lower level
NYC 10003
Doors at 9:30/show at 10pm
$10 / 18+
http://www.onemuse.com/mainpage.html
(the start time is wrong on the website)

This show will feature the full 60-90 minute presentation of B. and I's Direct Democracy performance art piece, as well as a short showcase from some NYC writers we really respect- not traditional slam stuff, but impressive professional work by folks like Roger Bonair-Agard, Marty McConnell, Lynne Procope, and Michael Cirelli.

The event is actually going to double as Marty McConnell's going away performance after party send off. So even though it's relatively short notice, we're expecting a good turnout.

It's a small venue with great sound. Holds just over 75 people, should be an up-close, intimate set with an intense feel. It's the first night of our little DIY performance art tour and we'd really appreciate it if you came out, as well as any help you can give spreading the word.

Thanks,

~Jared
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

You know I'll be there, homie.
It sounds especially off the hook with folks like Roger, Marty & Mike. I couldn't be more excited!
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:05 pm
Jared Paul

Many thanks man, we expect it to be a hot performance. When we did the set at Amherst it had a magical kind of energy. We fit the pieces together in way where things just kind of explode back and forth.

We're a little behind on promo for this, but aren't worried because it's such a small venue. Nevertheless, any help you could give spreading the word or dragging folks along with you would be greatly appreciated.

I promise, the show will be something they'll walk away feeling impressed by.
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

ha I've been promoting it hard in my circle. It is one of those things I'd rather not even try to explain. Like "look, just show up and thank me later. I swear it is worth it."

I don't think you have to worry about drawing an audience. If half the people who know about this thing are anything like me, they will be dragging anyone and everyone they can get their hands on to it. Having the good fortune of seeing both of you guys separately, I can pretty much count on something memorable.
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:23 pm
Alan Hague

This show's gonna be ridiculous.

Roger Bonair-Agard and Mike Cirelli? With B. and Jared doing their thing?

If I didn't have work that night (and if I lived substantially closer to NYC), I'd be all over this.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:43 am
Jared Paul

Alan Hague wrote:
This show's gonna be ridiculous.

Roger Bonair-Agard and Mike Cirelli? With B. and Jared doing their thing?

If I didn't have work that night (and if I lived substantially closer to NYC), I'd be all over this.

It'd be so wild if we had an affordable bullet train like the Euro-rail. Imagine getting a round trip ticket to NYC for like $25? Less than 3 hours each way?

They fucked us. hahahaha. They really fucked us. GM! If it wasn't for your workers I'd revel in your doom!!
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:30 pm
spike2057

Jared Paul wrote:

It'd be so wild if we had an affordable bullet train like the Euro-rail. Imagine getting a round trip ticket to NYC for like $25? Less than 3 hours each way?

They fucked us. hahahaha. They really fucked us. GM! If it wasn't for your workers I'd revel in your doom!!

Yo Jared! Two questions:

I've heard you talk about the rail system a few times now and it's perked my interest. You know any websites or books off the top of your head that discuss bullet trains and why they haven't developed here?

Second... how similar is this tour going to be to what you and Bernard put on here at Amherst? I think it's great you two are really bringing this show on the road. Keepz it up.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm
Jared Paul

spike2057 wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:

Yo Jared! Two questions:

I've heard you talk about the rail system a few times now and it's perked my interest. You know any websites or books off the top of your head that discuss bullet trains and why they haven't developed here?

Second... how similar is this tour going to be to what you and Bernard put on here at Amherst? I think it's great you two are really bringing this show on the road. Keepz it up.

Big Man! Soooo suped that you and Max made it down for the Basement show, and sorry that I missed P.O.S. There was just no time.

This tour will be very similar to what went down at Amherst, just a bit more streamlined. That show had a great feeling man, if we can capture that feel and build off it, this is going to be a hell of a run.

There is a ton of writing about automakers/oil lobbys legally and illegally sabotaging the passenger/cargo rail system in this country.

There's some related stuff in "Who Killed the Electric Car?"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5871495968130273402

Most of the info i've read is random articles. I'll dig some up for ya, but if you dig you'll find a bunch of stuff!
Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:14 am
Jared Paul

Shit is tomorrow night! doors at 930, show at 10p!

I can't stress it enough; this show is going to be risky, and we'd really appreciate it if you came out/encouraged anyone you think might dig the performance to check it out as well.

GOOD NIGHT WORLD... TOMORROW NEVER DIES!
Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:50 pm
spike2057

Thanks for the link, amigo. I'm gonna give it a view soon.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

And, you reminded me... PFA was fucking killer. Such a fun set. So much energy. Haha. Oh man it was good. Keep it up homie. I know you will.
Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:27 am
redball

Sorry I'm going to miss you guys. The Pawtucket show was amazing.
Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:32 am
Reggie

I can't make this, sorry. Good luck.
Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 am
Jared Paul

No sweat fellas! I'll pour some of my root beer 40 out on stage for ya. Redball, thanks so much for drivin' all the way up for the Pawtucket show- from JERSEY?! Boom!
Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:24 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: