Search
Register
The all things MMA thread: pt. II
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ecapataz

Carwin took 2 massive shots right on the chin, dude is tough as hell with tons of power.

Rampage was operating in safe mode the whole night. Jardine didn't do much either but Rampage looked apprehensive and somewhat weak. Rashad shouldn't have any problem with him.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 am
ted_kennedy

Now way man. It was just a combination of Rampage being a little burnt out from fighting so often and Keith's weird striking style. And it was hardly a bad performance overall. He knocked him down twice and it looked like he was about to finish him that second time.

If he rests up a while he will beat Rashad. Rampage always fights best when he's pissed off and has a reason to fight hard, and Rashad gave him after the fight with the smack talk.

Altogether a pretty crappy UFC though.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 am
DM

ecapataz wrote:
Carwin took 2 massive shots right on the chin, dude is tough as hell with tons of power.

Rampage was operating in safe mode the whole night. Jardine didn't do much either but Rampage looked apprehensive and somewhat weak. Rashad shouldn't have any problem with him.

I wouldn't be so quick to think Rashad will work Quinton. Fighting three rounds makes you stronger, and Quinton already has an avalanche of experience over Rashad to begin with. I think Quiton was playing concervative AND Jardine's approach only added to it, but he didn't reflect his weaaknesses or anything.

Quinton has been in there witrh the best of the best and Rashad has never fought a fighter like him before.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:02 am
Travadone

jehu wrote:
gonzaga is seriously starting to come across as a lot of hype. i know carwin is a big dude but that was a seriously short shot gonzaga got hit with & he was rocked pretty hard. gonzaga is starting to remind me of alexander houston.

and im really starting to think rampage is not all he's cracked up to be. i really thought he'd destroy jardine. he clearly won, but i cant help but feel like he's over hyped as well. after this fight i feel like r. eveans actually has a shit at winning, where as before i thought it was rampage's fight to lose.

am i crazy for thinking all this?
yes you are crazy,over at sherdog they would call you a "tuf" fan cause of your n00b status,just because gonzaga hit crocop and scored a knockout doesn't mean he is a contender,his record is weak as well as his body of opponents...please stop watching mma... Sidenote dream 7 is also on
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:09 am
True School Session

Worst display of officiating I have ever seen in that Sell vs Matt Brown fight.

Yves shouldn't be allowed to work again for a while, I couldn't believe he was out there for the main event.

That shit should have been stopped 3-5 different times.

Josh Koschek is PISSED.

oh and that stare down between Rampage and Rashad at the end of the night was CRAZY. Gonna be some more black on black crime.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:10 am
jehu

[quote=Travadone]yes you are crazy,over at sherdog they would call you a "tuf" fan cause of your n00b status,just because gonzaga hit crocop and scored a knockout doesn't mean he is a contender,his record is weak as well as his body of opponents...please stop watching mma... Sidenote dream 7 is also on[/quote]

1st off, i dont hang at sherdog. apparently you do. im smart enough to know not to go there. did you read what i wrote? i said he's OVERHYPED. i didnt say he was worthy of the hype in the 1st place. in fact, my post was clearly stating the opposite. you cannot deny that gonz had A LOT of hype after the cro cop match. and at the time that cro cop was ko'd, cc was still considered a legit contender, so gonz beating him WAS a fairly big deal. cc's obviously not anymore, but at that time he was & it was fair to support that notion.

and meta4, good point. hence my asking if i was crazy. haha. maybe jadrine really is getting better.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:04 pm
Travadone

jehu wrote:
[quote=Travadone]yes you are crazy,over at sherdog they would call you a "tuf" fan cause of your n00b status,just because gonzaga hit crocop and scored a knockout doesn't mean he is a contender,his record is weak as well as his body of opponents...please stop watching mma... Sidenote dream 7 is also on

1st off, i dont hang at sherdog. apparently you do. im smart enough to know not to go there. did you read what i wrote? i said he's OVERHYPED. i didnt say he was worthy of the hype in the 1st place. in fact, my post was clearly stating the opposite. you cannot deny that gonz had A LOT of hype after the cro cop match. and at the time that cro cop was ko'd, cc was still considered a legit contender, so gonz beating him WAS a fairly big deal. cc's obviously not anymore, but at that time he was & it was fair to support that notion.

and meta4, good point. hence my asking if i was crazy. haha. maybe jadrine really is getting better.[/quote]ill cropcop u jehu.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:26 pm
outpatient

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:33 pm
jehu

Travadone wrote:
ill cropcop u jehu.

haha. ok tuf guy.

seriously tho, we can be amicable. really, it's easy.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:21 pm
Travadone

jehu wrote:
Travadone wrote:
ill cropcop u jehu.

haha. ok tuf guy.

if its one thing i take serious its my mma...
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:29 pm
jehu

Travadone wrote:
jehu wrote:
Travadone wrote:
ill cropcop u jehu.

haha. ok tuf guy.

if its one thing i take serious its my mma...

fair enuf.

i'm gonna treat you like fedor treated mark coleman in front of his kids.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 pm
mancabbage

^ahhahaha fuck. i just spat orange juice on my keyboard
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:10 pm
Eric B

Travadone wrote:
yes you are crazy,over at sherdog they would call you a "tuf" fan cause of your n00b status,just because gonzaga hit crocop and scored a knockout doesn't mean he is a contender,his record is weak as well as his body of opponents...please stop watching mma... Sidenote dream 7 is also on

Please don't bring your sherdog attitude over to this board's mma thread. Obviously we all have our differences when it comes to opinions on MMA, but what I like about here is that we keep it civil. If you want to name call, or act like you know more, take that back to sherdog please.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:45 pm
jehu

Eric B wrote:
Travadone wrote:

Please don't bring your sherdog attitude over to this board's mma thread. Obviously we all have our differences when it comes to opinions on MMA, but what I like about here is that we keep it civil. If you want to name call, or act like you know more, take that back to sherdog please.

there's a lot of irony in someone who reps sherdog calling ANYone a noob. but i also just assume that trav is just trying to provoke.

it's all gravy.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:01 pm
DM

Slow your roll a bit Trav.

Jehu wins.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 166, 167, 168  Next