Search
Register
The all things MMA thread: pt. II
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ted_kennedy

The all things MMA thread: pt. II  Reply with quote  

OK, so I couldn't find the old MMA thread after searching 20 pages of topics and doing a search, so I thought I might as well start a new one seeing as how UFC 96 is going down tomorrow.

I'm going on record to say that:

Rampage will destroy Keith 'The Sardine' Jardine (unless Keith finally decides to do the techno-viking walk-in that is his destiny, in which case he will beat Rampage because no one that cool could possibly lose).

Carwin will GnP Gonzaga into living death
Sell will strangle Brown
Munoz will decision Hammil
And Maynard will do his human blanket routine on Miller

I also pick McCrory, Day, Boetsch, Vera and Riley to win.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm
Travadone

horrible fight card this weekend,i usually buy all of them but this will be streamed for free,keith jardine should not be headlining a ppv and rampage? i wish he was in jail.

gonzaga recently grappled at the naga event in rhode island last month,i was supposed to attend that one.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 pm
ecapataz

Jardine over Rampage (I know I'm in the minority here but I want Keith to win so bad to make things interesting @ 205)

Napćo over Carwin
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm
meta4

I would love to see Jardine win. I know Rampage is the better fighter, But if Jardine won it would make UFC instantly a ton more interesting. And you know Rampage would be so determined to prove his loss was a fluke after a loss to Jardine. I mean most of Jardines wins seem like some sort of bizarre miracles lol.

So where is this being streamed live for free? I dont see anything on the UFC site about it.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 pm
The Maguire Man

yeah if jardine pulls off a win, machida could possibly get the next shot....
even tho that would be sweet im still goin' for rampage....

and gonzaga via ko...

def not the greatest card will prob watch on the net the next day....

also it appears Mir has injured himself and wont be goin against lesnar at ufc 98........ so brutal......
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:47 pm
ted_kennedy

Yeah, its a damn shame about Mir. I was looking forward to that fight more than any other. And there's not really anyone to put up against Lesnar in his place. You can't give Kongo a shot because he's only beaten cans since losing to Herring (plus, of course, Lesnar already dominated Herring). Maybe Nog if he beats Couture, or the winner of Gonzaga-Carwin, or even Velasquez if he beats Herring.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 pm
ecapataz

ted_kennedy wrote:
Yeah, its a damn shame about Mir. I was looking forward to that fight more than any other. And there's not really anyone to put up against Lesnar in his place. You can't give Kongo a shot because he's only beaten cans since losing to Herring (plus, of course, Lesnar already dominated Herring). Maybe Nog if he beats Couture, or the winner of Gonzaga-Carwin, or even Velasquez if he beats Herring.

Dos Santos
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:09 pm
ted_kennedy

ecapataz wrote:
ted_kennedy wrote:

Dos Santos

Ohh... now that's an interesting fight!

Under normal circumstances Dos Santos would be too green for a title shot, but Lesnar is green himself so its a level playing field.

The more I think about it, though, the more I think the UFC will just wait on Mir. He has half of the belt after all, and there's already a rivalry between the fighters that they want to exploit. Apparently Mir's injuries aren't as bad a first thought.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:24 pm
ted_kennedy

Looks like Mir-Lesnar is back on for UFC 98 afterall. lol!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AkOEWQoDP4KjqKfCyGe05eQ9Eo14?slug=ki-mirhurt030609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns/
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 pm
Travadone

meta4 wrote:
I would love to see Jardine win. I know Rampage is the better fighter, But if Jardine won it would make UFC instantly a ton more interesting. And you know Rampage would be so determined to prove his loss was a fluke after a loss to Jardine. I mean most of Jardines wins seem like some sort of bizarre miracles lol.

So where is this being streamed live for free? I dont see anything on the UFC site about it.
the stream has nothing to do with ufc brah
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 pm
mancabbage

mmahacks.com usually streams it, it aint kosher but usually comes through
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:57 pm
I am Wisdom

Avoiding this thread until after I watch UFC 96, but good to see a new thread!
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ecapataz

http://www.getfreeerrors.com

http://www.Scamdanawhiteoutofmoney.com

http://www.justbuytheufc.com

http://www.inbeforetheban.com

http://www.thisisagainsttherules.com
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:45 pm
jehu

gonzaga is seriously starting to come across as a lot of hype. i know carwin is a big dude but that was a seriously short shot gonzaga got hit with & he was rocked pretty hard. gonzaga is starting to remind me of alexander houston.

and im really starting to think rampage is not all he's cracked up to be. i really thought he'd destroy jardine. he clearly won, but i cant help but feel like he's over hyped as well. after this fight i feel like r. eveans actually has a shit at winning, where as before i thought it was rampage's fight to lose.

am i crazy for thinking all this?
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 am
meta4

jehu wrote:

and im really starting to think rampage is not all he's cracked up to be. i really thought he'd destroy jardine. he clearly won, but i cant help but feel like he's over hyped as well. after this fight i feel like r. eveans actually has a shit at winning, where as before i thought it was rampage's fight to lose.

am i crazy for thinking all this?

I can see that. But maybe you're just looking at it all wrong. Maybe Jardine's just getting better. I know its hard to tell with his crazy drunken fist style but I think his "unorthodox" style is developing into something to be reckoned with.

Hey and I love how Joe Rogan has to say the word "unorthodox" about 50 times every time Jardine fights.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:25 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168  Next