Search
Register
"The Original 11:11 Sessions" rare and exclusive
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

SFR announcement

"The Original 11:11 Sessions" rare and exclusive  Reply with quote  

Extremely Rare and EXCLSUIVE. "The Original 11:11 Sessions" CD.

The original version of Mac Lethal's "11:11" contains 15 unique tracks that did not appear on the final version of his album released on RSE. In Mac' own words, "While I am very proud of the version of 11:11 that came out in 2007, I have wanted the world to listen to this version for some time now. All of these songs were written in 2004. Death, humor, sensualism. 11:11's original draft." It's understood that Mac Lethal is a prolific artist, so he can easily pump out an album's worth of material in a month's time, but it's a shame that a collection of songs this good did not hit the store shelves. Thankfully, it is now available for those who know where to find it.

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/store/store/mac-lethal-the-original-1111-sessions-cd-p-220.html

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:31 pm
Troxell

And what an amazing album it is! Mine hasn't left the cd player since I got it last week. It's really damn good. "In My Dreams" stands out, as well as "Bareknuckle Chris", but I can say I haven't skipped a single track. Pick this up TODAY. It is definitely darker than the version that was released. No really happy-go-lucky songs on there.
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:10 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

I don't know if it's because this is the first version of the album I heard, but I definitely prefer the original. That's mainly because I'm an emo-tard though.

The adjectives song is the shit.
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:30 pm
Donato

I'll be checking this out. I also haven't picked up somethin from SFR this year, so this might have to be the start to my 09 cart!
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Freshman_Woes82

The album is amazing!
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:21 pm
remind

You guys are awesome for putting this out. Just ordered mine (and the poster, jeah!). So, why was this shelved and rerecorded?
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:45 pm
mzehe916

ohhh, a day after I put in an order. I'll wait til my next shopping spree (it was hardly a shopping spree).
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 pm
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

Rhymesayers didn't shelve this record. They'd never do anything like that. They are very good at letting their artists be creative and are confident in the decisions their artists make. It was a mutual decision.

They have a lot of things to focus on, so since my record was coming from what many would consider a 'virtually unknown artist', they were more focused on it being the best record I could make it before they just tossed me out there.

I finished this draft of the album, but was so ready to update the sound quality of the production and overall vibe of the music I wanted to make, I decided to just start cranking out another record. I ended up finishing the album that came out on Rhymesayers in like 6 weeks. At that point in time, I was also a little more into the newer stuff (that eventually came out as 11:11 on RSE), so we decided to just roll with that stuff. The title 11:11 has no spiritual or metaphorical meaning. So I stuck with that title just so I could get it outta the fuckin way. Ha.

Anyways, Black Clover Records (my label) decided to release The Original 11:11 Sessions on some bootleg/self-release shit through very select retailers and stores, because we agreed the material was very good and deserved to see the light of day.

I didn't want to make a big production out of it, so we just decided to drop it on a Sunday night, last week. It's funny, we didn't promote it at all, and randomly dropped it on a Sunday night, and my first week sales for it (strictly online) were higher than the new Cappadonna album's first week sales. LOL. No disrespect to Cappadonna, but Black Clover/ Strange Famous/ Rhymesayers fans are some wonderful cats man.

The response has been magical. It's restored my faith in approaching my writing with the kind of surgical like meticulousness. Many new ideas for the next proper LP are already brewing.

Anyways, sorry for blabbering. I really think you cats will enjoy this album. Anyone who has heard it, please drop some feedback.

I am amazed at how well this is selling and being received.
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:56 pm
jehu

i am so fucking stoked this version is seeing the light of day.

kudos for doing this mac.
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 am
remind

Gotcha, Mac. Thanks for elaborating. Yeah, I didn't think Rhymesayers would be doing shit like that. Good to hear how well it's selling. But I don't think Cappa is gonna be quoting any of your lines. Heh.
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

I had a math problem but it's all figured out now.

*yes, this is a mod edit*
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:09 pm
Camorra

Just ordered mine yesterday and I can't wait. Hell yeah.
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:19 pm
hexagone
n3wb 4 life

Goddamnit I like this CD.

Maybe a bit more than the other 11:11.
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 pm
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

Wow, thanks guys.

I really hope you guys enjoy this.

The official follow up LP I am going to start writing, is going to be very surgical like and sharp lyrically like this.

Except the beats are going to be like no other.

Hopefully will have it turned into Rhymesayers by Summer.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 pm
Travadone

never got into mac lethal til 2007,i seen the battles a long time ago at scribble jam and hated the rhymes he had,hated the slow down ghandi remix.... years later seen the calm down baby video and loved it,the video the lyrics,at a show bought everything he had for sale since it was 10 bucks a piece... found some other old shit and all night long with joe good is my favorite.

edit:i now look out for new mac lethal releases.
Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next