Search
Register
new P.O.S. "Never Better" album available now!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

C.R.A.Z.Y

Dyss wrote:
I am a little bit dissapointed actually.
I had really high hopes for the album, but after a couple of listens I wouldnt say I like it.
Its sounds a little too busy for my taste.
Im gonna give it a real shot though, its one of those album you wanna like because of the artists earlier work.

try having it in big earphones while riding your bike really fast all around ten extra points for rain
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:33 am
cakes

this album has grown on me. i wasn't in love with it right away, but probably because i really love his other albums. the more that i listen to never better, the more i'm enjoying his variety and growth. i think my favorite of his tracks are still from ipecac neat, but i can't decide which album i like best.

anyone gonna be around for the boston show on the 22nd?
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 am
Bicycle

Id never listened to POS before but I really like this album. Its got a unique sound. I love Optimist
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:31 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

this cd is great

from track one til the end

some of my favorites are , savion glover, get smokes, drumroll, out of catagory...

the cd cover is neato

i cant decide what i want it to be, so many choices

how about you all that have the actual cd what kind of covers have you came up with?
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:14 pm
remind

GRAVES!
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm
bbreakz

Went to the L.A. show and it was amazing two night ago. P.O.S. has really put some great new wrinkles to the live show. And some of the new tracks have great choruses for everyone to sing. I was very suprised at how many people already knew the new songs. Big up for presales! P.O.S was surpised too. Awesome.

If you go to the show, make sure not to miss Sims or Hand Over Fist they are slaying it and Lazerbeak on the MPC has some new beats for Sims' new album coming out and they are absolute monsters! I am talking goose bump material.

Love the new album Let it Rattle is my shit right now.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:35 pm
knowrites

bbreakz wrote:
Went to the L.A. show and it was amazing two night ago. P.O.S. has really put some great new wrinkles to the live show. And some of the new tracks have great choruses for everyone to sing. I was very suprised at how many people already knew the new songs. Big up for presales! P.O.S was surpised too. Awesome.

If you go to the show, make sure not to miss Sims or Hand Over Fist they are slaying it and Lazerbeak on the MPC has some new beats for Sims' new album coming out and they are absolute monsters! I am talking goose bump material.

hand over fist is the album title, just so nobody is confused. it's by Mike Mictlan and Lazerbeak, and it's fucking great.

i ran around a bunch of stores trying to find 'Never Better' after deciding i didn't care if i had the money or not, i was buying this album. and ultimately found it at fucking target!
i know people that don't like it, but i know more people that are really down with the punk rock beats. plus the lyrics are just so much fun!
i like this album. this is a nice album.
-lego maniac
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 pm
bbreakz

Yeah I grabbed Hand Over Fist and I know that it is Mictlan and Lazerbeak, but when Sims hit the stage he said Hand Over Fist was up next. And Mictlan introduced themselves as Hand Over Fist, and then said their names and said it was also the name of the album. But who cares, the album is slamming and Lazerbeak keeps bringing some crazy bombs with each new Doomtree release. I think he only did one track on Never Better but it fits right in there with the album.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:00 pm
erich

cakes wrote:
anyone gonna be around for the boston show on the 22nd?

i have no money, but imma be at that.

this album is infuriatingly good. i almost lost my shit at the part where he's giggling between lines, i think it's on "get smokes." what a guy.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm
deboma

<3 this album

the only thing i don't like about it is the hook of out of category. makes me want to glue my ears shut. but other than that the whole album is amazazing
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 pm
pandaderek

bbreakz wrote:

That was great show...i drove down from san diego and had to work/school right after i got back...where were you in the crowd?...i was the dude up front taking a lot of pictures...

...this cd is great...aside from the general favorite, "low light low life" and "optimist," "terrorish" and "get smokes" are a couple of my favorites...

...sims and hand over fist (mictlan & lazerbeak = hand over fist) killed it...the new tracks from sims' false hopes are nice, too...
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 pm
remind

I'm still bumpin that Doomtree album too. So many tight tracks on there.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:04 pm
CaptainFantasy

Doomtree is just absolutely killing it right now. Somebody asked me the other day how the new POS is and I could only respond by saying, "it is exactly how music is supposed to be, but hasn't been for a long time."
Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:40 pm
scott

hand made hand gun is that shit
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:37 am
sequence

Beating a dead horse here, but this record is fucking awesome. It could be the fact that I grew up with one foot in rap, one foot in hardcore, but this record is nearly perfect to me. P.O.S. brings out exceptionally forward thinking beats and raps his ass off over them while maintaining a total punk rock ethos the whole time without the music turning into some shitty hybrid. He manages to have a bunch of goose bump inducing choruses and lines on this record that lend themselves to sing along--that to me is evidence of his roots in hardcore. The chorus on Optimist makes me shiver, and when he closed his set with it in PDX I felt like I was at a hardcore show in 1997. I have listened to it multiple times everyday since I got it.

And yeah, I asked Mictlan at the show, he said that He and Lazerbeak together are called Hand Over Fist. I got direct clarification for you. And they put on an amazing show. That dude can rap his ass off and was super nice.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next