Search
Register
Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Neil Young, Paul Simon
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

hugh grants hooker

thought paup wrote:
Adam from Pensecola-

You had better keep ducking because one of these things flying past your head might hit you smack dab. Then your cry-baby ass would really be whining.

I don't see why these people just don't concede the fact that your opinions and knowledge are godly. I mean, jesus.

which part went over my head? i'll explain my response with smaller words so you understand what went on.

shane -- the most childish thing, is after its all over the bystanders chime in with insults. *hint*
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:20 pm

ONE.

Brian Wilson flipped when Sgt Pepper dropped... the beach boys couldnt believe how good it was, and yes, Sgt. Pepper was inspired by Pet sounds.....

back then everyone inspired everyone else.. Dylan, beach boys, Beatles, Turles... etc.

peaces.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:24 pm
Jesse

HGH> You have a fucking disorder. Cool out.

Dude I told you PAGES ago you were using the wrong word, as soon as you defined what you meant when you said "reverb". I told you you were talking about feedback.

I mean you can just go "oh great argument durr durr durr" or you can explain what you think reverb is so cats can laugh the giant mistake lying at the root of your flailing, lunatic arguments.

So what is it exactly that you're saying the Beatles invented?

p.s. to uh Bobbo I think> Hendrix's career did not begin with Are You Experienced. He did just as much unsung grunt work as The Beatles did for years beforehand, playing in uh Curtis whatsisname's group. He started his career a rhythm guitarist with short hair in a suit. It was a minute before he achieved the things you're trumpeting.

Just because he was suddenly noticed doesn't mean he never touched a guitar before.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:44 pm
hugh grants hooker

Jesse wrote:

p.s. to uh Bobbo I think> Hendrix's career did not begin with Are You Experienced. He did just as much unsung grunt work as The Beatles did for years beforehand, playing in uh Curtis whatsisname's group. He started his career a rhythm guitarist with short hair in a suit. It was a minute before he achieved the things you're trumpeting.

damn it little kid.

read back over it. i wrote verbatim what was stated in my source because your too fuckin lazy to check it yourself.
...and yes, reverb is the word they used.

how old are you again?

curtis whatsisname? is that the name on his albums?
so full of facts yet you cant even get this fuckers name?

he was a back-up for curtis KING, little richard, and the isley brothers.

cunt. do your homework.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:55 pm

nonesuchone

Ahem...Sage?  Reply with quote  

Someone needs to moderate these flaming egos. Or just end the fucking thread already; this back and fourth bullshit is getting tiresome. Not to mention the knee-jerked name calling.

What is this, the fucking eminem forum? Cool it with the cunts and bitches kids, it reflects poorly on you.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:29 pm
hugh grants hooker

how is it 'tiresome'?

you get tired reading them?
dont read em.

telling us to cool it, reflects poorly on you.

so does a mirror though.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:37 pm

nonesuchone

y'all better watch out. Aside from a keen intellect, and a finger firmly placed at the pulse of 'truth'; forum junkies pack a mean pun.

It's frustrating to come here for a pleasant read, and have to put up with assholes flexing virtual nuts. Nobody wins on the internet, because only idiots choose to argue there.

So you do win, idiot.

Besides, I shouldn't stop coming here; because then, the terrorist truly win

[/flame war]
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:20 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Pet Sounds might sound great sonically, but it is so fucking boring.

I win too.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:21 pm
chris

Quote:

curtis whatsisname? is that the name on his albums?
so full of facts yet you cant even get this fuckers name?

he was a back-up for curtis KING, little richard, and the isley brothers.

cunt. do your homework.

do you mean king curtis or curtis knight? (both of which he worked with.)

Last edited by chris on Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:33 pm
futuristxen

curtis ousley...aka King Curtis.

www.allmusic.com

for all your minor quibles.

And Pet Sounds...well I never put it on as something to hype me up...so maybe it is boring in some sense. I like to listen to it though. So in the end...I win.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:41 pm
hugh grants hooker

chris wrote:

do you mean king curtis or curtis knight? (both of which he worked with.)

obviously you should. i just typed the name backwards.
fuckin curtis knight.... *chuckle*
-----------------------------

When Hendrix became an international superstar in 1967, it seemed as if he'd dropped out of a Martian spaceship, but in fact he'd served his apprenticeship the long, mundane way in numerous R&B acts on the chitlin circuit. During the early and mid-'60s, he worked with such R&B/soul greats as Little Richard, the Isley Brothers, and King Curtis as a backup guitarist. Occasionally he recorded as a session man (the Isley Brothers' 1964 single "Testify" is the only one of these early tracks that offers even a glimpse of his future genius). But the stars didn't appreciate his show-stealing showmanship, and Hendrix was straightjacketed by sideman roles that didn't allow him to develop as a soloist. The logical step was for Hendrix to go out on his own, which he did in New York in the mid-'60s, playing with various musicians in local clubs, and joining White blues-rock singer John Hammond, Jr.'s band for a while.
------sing365.com
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:16 pm

bobbythebear

Jesse wrote:

Just because he was suddenly noticed doesn't mean he never touched a guitar before.

I can see how you misunderstand me. I realize he worked under a few acts before he went solo. I am referring to major public exposure, as in when he debuted as a solo artist in comparison to when the beatles debuted as a group. sorry about that.

HGH - I cant stand the first album. seriously, it is my equivelant to your hatred for Hendrix.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:35 pm
hugh grants hooker

doesnt mean it isnt a great album as i think you were implying.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:46 pm

bobbythebear

hugh grants hooker wrote:
doesnt mean it isnt a great album as i think you were implying.

ahhhhh . . . so just because you dont like "are you experienced" doesnt mean THAT wasnt a great album, as well?

how aboutn we leave it at that?
Post Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:17 am
hugh grants hooker

i dont think i ever said it wasnt great.

i dont think i ever really said anything about any of his albums except that I dont like them.

all i really said was that hendrix wasnt AS innovative or important as the beatles. that doesnt mean he wasnt innovative or important. just not so much as the beatles, but hey... who was? nobody.
so its not really an insult.
Post Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:45 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next