Search
Register
Cops ring in the new year with a senseless killing
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Inedible Condiment

I don't generally subscribe to "Fuck the Police" ... but fuck THAT police for sure.
And apparently, Fuck the Police forum.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

fuck the bumper sticker I saw on someone's car yesterday that said "Death penalty for cop killers"

So now I'm going to need to start a bumper sticker campaign that says "Death penalty for cops who kill"

I'll only put these on cars with the other bumper sticker though.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:28 pm
Lusid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

I'd be down to spread the love.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:33 pm
redball

"Death penalty for killer cops" is more slickly subtle.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:42 pm
mzehe916

They finally arrested this guy in Nevada. About time.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:02 am
xGasPricesx

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/04/bart.transit.officer.murder.charge/index.html

" Judge rules enough evidence to hold officer on murder charge

(CNN) -- A California judge ruled Thursday that enough evidence exists to hold over former transit police officer Johannes Mehserle on a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of a 22-year-old man at an Oakland, California, transit station on New Year's Day.
Video shows Johannes Mehserle shoot Oscar Grant III in the back as another officer knelt on him.

Video shows Johannes Mehserle shoot Oscar Grant III in the back as another officer knelt on him.

The ruling means the case will go forward in court.

Bob Connor, an investigator with the Alameda County District Attorney's office, said a gag order in place prevented release of further information. Mehserle, 27, will next appear in court on June 18.

The shooting drew national attention after grainy cell phone videos of the incident taken by a bystander began circulating on the Internet and news shows, and prompted large and violent demonstrations.

The video showed Mehserle pulling his gun and fatally shooting Oscar Grant III, 22, in the back as another officer kneeled on the unarmed Grant. Mehserle may have intended to draw and fire his Taser rather than his gun, according to a court filing by his attorney.

Bay Area Rapid Transit police were called to Oakland's Fruitvale station January 1 after passengers complained about fights on a train. Officers pulled several men, including Grant, off the train when it arrived at Fruitvale.

Mehserle resigned his position a few days after the incident and was later arrested in Nevada. Mehserle, who has pleaded not guilty, was released on a $3 million bond in February, prompting a fresh round of demonstrations.

Grant's family has filed a $50 million wrongful death lawsuit against the officers involved in the incident."
Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:51 pm
Confidential

Reviving the thread because the trial is coming to a close.

No black people were on the jury.

A riot is anticipated by the cops- I'm sure they'd love the chance to put down a rebellion. They trained for it over the week in Oakland.

The people are angry, and I'm feeling like my romanticized ideals of tearing the city to shreds aren't so appealing right now.

If a riot is what it takes to get some justice, and if any lasting change comes out of it, then fine.

But insurrections should have an element of surprise, and the cops are already prepared and probably want nothing more than to have a chance to play tough guy.

Then I came across this blog today, which is highly suspicious and reads like a classic agent provocateur move.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=66794

Um, yeah, some anonymous youtube person sends a link about vandalism that reads "Mehserle Must Die" - that message is totally inconsistent with both the for oscar grant campaign, and there's no investigation of the source of the grafitti or of the youtube message? Bullshit.
Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5