Search
Register
Time and Collective Consciousness
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Nahhh. I believe there is an ultimate intelligence to the universal consciousness, golbal unconsciousness, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. First of all, it includes all living things... it's beyond the grip of any external forces such as the manipulating news... especially when you consider that it includes everyone, those who believe the news and you guys who don't.

You guys are drifting away from the truth and into masturbation. Don't let your paranoia of the government impede on THIS... this is beyond that shit.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

SneebDotCom wrote:
Nahhh. I believe there is an ultimate intelligence to the universal consciousness, golbal unconsciousness, whatever the fuck you wanna call it. First of all, it includes all living things... it's beyond the grip of any external forces such as the manipulating news... especially when you consider that it includes everyone, those who believe the news and you guys who don't.

You guys are drifting away from the truth and into masturbation. Don't let your paranoia of the government impede on THIS... this is beyond that shit.

I would take it a step further and say it includes ALL things not just LIVING things. Like rocks.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:20 pm
darkMatters

Collective consciousness? I think so... just yesterday I was wondering how the birds and bugs can fly around and all stay so close together in their swarms and move around seemingly randomly yet simulatenously while staying as one whole cluster group.. that's gotta be on some other level of communication.. why not humans to, on some other level.

deep i know. haha
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Petrouchka Rasputin

Gibberish.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:35 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

SneebDotCom wrote:

First off, you say "i believe..." then go on to tell us we're "drifting away from the TRUTH"

Have you ever thought we have different beliefs? Maybe you know 100% that you're beliefs are the TRUTH, but accept the fact others have different beliefs relating to the collective conciousness.

I happen to believe the collective conciousness is what's projecting this physical reality and in those beliefs if it was to have no link to this reality would contradict the whole belief.
I believe what happens in this reality is influenced by this collective conciousness. Eg i think if everyone on earth prayed that 1 person who is dying from cancer gets better, they probly would. Or if alot of the globe is in despair a plague might be caused.

So as sure you are of your beliefs, dont act like its TRUTH and all other beliefs are FALSE.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:30 pm
ihaveagluegun

i dont know anything about this, where is the begginers thread?
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Succintroundabout

Whatever... Throwing around jargon without rationality is not philosophizing, it is superficial posturing.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:06 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Hey Krang.... the difference though... is that I'm right and you are wrong... you know? So you might as well shutup :(
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lazy Eyed Pea

If you're in, you're in, if not, you're just talking the talk to take a fucking hike.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:45 pm
PokeHerFace

hey,

beliefs are fun. good to read. good to try to understand and build or compare or contrast.

Beliefs are not something to tell someone to "fuck off for". That's wak.

B. Crow
30 stones
getting hippie
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:35 pm
firefly

Inspired by wordsauce's post  Reply with quote  

"NEGLIGENCE

Let there be no negligence in your devotion. Negligence in the
practice of recollection is death - this has been declared by the Seer
Sanatkumara.
For a spiritual seeker, there is no greater evil than negligence
in recollection. From it arises delusion. From delusion arises egoism.
From egoism comes bondage and from bondage misery.
Through negligence in recollection, a man is distracted from
awareness of his divine nature. He who is thus distracted falls - and
the fallen always come to ruin. It is very hard for them to rise
again....
Control speech by mental effort; control the mind by the faculty
of discrimination; control this faculty by the individual will, merge
individuality in the infinite absolute Atman and reach supreme peace."

SHRI SHANKARACHARYA
INWARD DELIGHT

As a lamp in a windless spot does not flicker, so is the man of
subdued thought who practises union in the Self.
When the mind is disciplined and becomes still, and when the Self
is self-perceived with inward delight,
And when he knows the infinite joy, which is beyond the grasp of
the senses and can only be experienced by the understanding heart, and
is established in his spiritual truth, the innermost truth of his
being,
Then has he found the treasure incomparably greater than any
other."

SHRI KRISHNA
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:57 pm
wordsauce

Inspired by FireFly's post  Reply with quote  

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to meet your heart’s longing.
It doesn’t interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for dreams, for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon.
I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain! I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it or fix it. I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, or to remember the limitations of being a human.
It doesn’t interest me if the story you’re telling me is true.
I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.
I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore trustworthy. I want to know if you can see beauty even if it’s not pretty every day, and if you can source your life from God. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver moon, ‘YES!’
It doesn’t interest me where you live or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary, bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.
It doesn’t interest me who you are, how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.
I want to know what sustains you from the inside, when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself; and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

-first delivered at the 1996 International Medical Conference
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:58 am
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Hey wordsauce.... man, your first post was fluffy nonsense that made me want to annoy you with annoying words.... but the last post.. the poem or whatever that is... that was some good shit, did you write that?? Respect.

But.....You need to close the books... those who wrote them were men just like you and me... freud was not brilliant... freud was smart in a dumb age... and if it weren't for coke, he never would have had the balls to even go where he did.

"I question anyone who would sooner quote another man than make a quote himself."

I just made that up, you can quote that if you want.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:45 pm
wordsauce

sneeb, i won't quote you so that you won't question me, but while i feel i understand and partially agree with your point about books, i have to present another opinion. books were written by other men, and the wisdom contained is not attributed only to them. books are a part of my life and a part of my experience. i hope that any quotes i present can simply speak to people and become internalized as an own idiosyncratic part of experience.

and sneeb, i didn't write that. i can't remember the name of the native american shaman who delivered it, but it was given at a medical conference in Colorado concerning western and eastern approaches to medicine.
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:07 am
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Fair enough.... I was in a bad mood when I posted that message anyway... I really don't care how you go about your intellectual endeavors... At least you ARE endeavoring. I do get upset though, when people put more faith in men who lived 100 years ago than themselves. That's stupid, because... well, ok.. how do I say this... Let's take Freud for example... I dig Freud immensely, although I think most of what he said will eventually be deemed garbage, the direction he took things is right on the money. But, what the man learned in his life pales in comparison to the information we know now... if he was privvy to the advanced information we know now, he would have hugely different opinions on things. I think, what people should do is.... look at these men as minds and not words in a book... and we should TRY to take that mind and transplant it to our time and try to guess what they would think about things.

This is why young people living in the present must take it upon themselves to realize we are the new freuds.... and when we are gone, some kids with even more information to sip from will make our work look silly. We can never stop though.. and to curb the flow with old statements made by dead people who, in today's terms, probably had an 8th grade education is not only silly, its dangerous. All of us KNOW more about the world than Freud did... we have an extra 100 yrs of scientific research to build from.

This is why majoring in philosophy is completely retarded, seriously. No real philosopher would ever sit through 4 years of being taught how to think. The whole point of philosophy is sitting there with an open mind and letting a new way of thinking seep in. I will talk shit to any person who is a philosophy major... a minor is cool though, I can see the benefits of minoring in philosophy... but majoring?? What a joke.

I AM BABBLING NOW. SORRY. I AM ALSO THE IGUANA GOD, SO I CAN DO ANYTHING.
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:12 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next