Search
Register
DanVsPip and B. Dolan tour has finished successfully!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

BR

I've seen conflicting info on different sites... is the show at The Loft tonight or tomorrow?
Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

BR wrote:
I've seen conflicting info on different sites... is the show at The Loft tonight or tomorrow?

check the first post of this thread. It's explained there.
Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:55 pm
BR

SHIT! It is tonight. I need to start checking this site regularly again.
Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:02 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

futuristxen wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

As it's been explained before, one benefit of being on SFR is use of the private jet.

If I were you I would trade the private jet in for a backyard rollercoaster. You charge people a nickle to ride, and the thing pays for itself. Then you don't need to tour or anything. You just have Dolan stand next to the ride not letting anyone under a certain height in, and you fund the whole music thing with daring rail based thrills, and some sort of vegan cotton candy.

ha ha cotton candy is to the best of my knowledge vegan! it only has two ingredients! sugar and flossine.
Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:05 pm
skull hana

i'm pumped for the show tomorrow night at the echo. it's my first time at that venue -- actually, my first show in LA.

can anyone gander a guess as to what time Dolan will go onstage? something got rescheduled and i won't make it to the show until about 9:30 pm -- do you think i'll miss much of his set? doors are at 9 pm and it lists DJ paul v. on the bill, so i'm not really sure what to estimate....
Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:20 am
TS

No one seems to want to talk about the Philly show, so I guess will. It's definitely worth a mention despite the M Room being among my least favorite venues--it always feels like I'm trapped in some frat boy's barely renovated basement.

I got to the M Room too early Saturday. Thankfully, B's soundcheck and a short Knowmore meeting thing took up a nice chunk of time. I've been feeling rather ragged, and ended up not having much to offer during our chat. A couple next to me were star-struck by Scroobius Pip as he wandered around the bar. I flagged him down with a dopey wave for them, and we ended up getting a Dunkin Donuts story about milkshakes.

B's set had a shamefully low attendance even for the M Room. He was great nevertheless. I think we got four new tracks, all of them amazing. The newest of which ended up being my favorite song of the night. I can't say it enough, the new record is going to be fire.

The fans for DanVsPip were lively. The set was lively. I find myself preferring their stuff live over the album, so I hope they come around again soon. At the end of the set, an older woman stumbled into Dan's setup, causing an array of echoing sounds and high-vibrato buzzes to crash through the venue. Dan took it with a smile, and we ended up getting a Prince cover to finish the night off.
Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 pm
The Mean Eagle

Ug..I can't believe I missed this....so dumb..Beezey..you couldn't holler at the homie?
Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:32 am
BR

The Mean Eagle wrote:
Ug..I can't believe I missed this....so dumb..

Same here... so I'm driving to LA for tonight's show.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:32 pm
dilly dilly

The Mean Eagle wrote:
Ug..I can't believe I missed this....so dumb..Beezey..you couldn't holler at the homie?

awe mean..... he was lookin forward to seeing you too!
Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

B told me his phone was out of batteries. But you left messages to me AND him saying you'd be there! I can't believe you spaced that big hammy. Boo boo boo.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 pm
The Mean Eagle

Sage Francis wrote:
B told me his phone was out of batteries. But you left messages to me AND him saying you'd be there! I can't believe you spaced that big hammy. Boo boo boo.

I know.. and it's not that I spaced it, I thought it was the next night.. I got it off from work and everything..still though..
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:33 am
diane

dammit. i hope i can still make it. have to work late tonight and then be at work at 7:30 tomorrow morning. will try to stop by at least on the early end.

anyone in the bay making it tonight?

cafe du nord!
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 am
sequence

I'll be at the Doug Fir in PDX tonight. Look for the bald guy with tattoos if you're there, say hello. I promise, I'm kind of friendly.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:12 am

I'll try to make it to the Doug Fir. I love that place, great sound. Best small room in town to see a show. Just don't hang out upstairs with the wannabe euro-trash from Beavertron and Lake No-Negro.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm
sequence

I'm going to write a full review of the show soon, but before that gets up, let me say. HOLY SHIT. One of the best shows I've seen in a minute. If you have a chance to go, be there.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next