Search
Register
Court Tuesday; small Jared Paul shows in St. Paul & Minn
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jared Paul

Court Tuesday; small Jared Paul shows in St. Paul & Minn  Reply with quote  

I fly out for Minneapolis in the morning and will be performing in St. Paul at a small local poetry reading called The Artists Corner at night. I've got court Tuesday at 1pm, and then another show afterward at the Minneapolis Poetry Slam.

I'll be performing some brand new verses from the band project I've been working on with my business partner/band mate Alan Hague, reading some arrest stories from the unreleased blogs, and going over the whole ordeal in general. If you're in the area, I'd love to see ya! The airfare was not cheap and it'd definitely be nice to get a bunch of people out and help recoup some of those expenses.

Monday, 9/29:
The Artists' Quarter
408 St. Peter Street
(under Great Waters Brewery - in the Hamm Building)
St. Paul, MN 55102
www.mnjazz.com
FREE
(I won't go on till like 9:30-10ish)

Tuesday, 9/30:
Kieran's Irish Pub
8pm
330 2nd Ave
S. Mineapolis MN
$5.00

As far as court is concerned, Mr. Francis has made it his business to step into the ring on my behalf. With his help I have retained a quality private attorney and will be walking into court with professional representation; We intend to make it a fair fight this time. He'll have a bunch more announcements regarding and explaining his involvement further, later in the week.

This Tuesday will be a "First Appearance" hearing; I'm basically traveling almost 2,000 miles simply to say: NOT GUILTY. And then a date for the "Probable Cause" hearing will be set. The next one will be a bit more crucial.

Either way, feel to wish me, the other arrestees, and all of the thousands of innocent Americans sitting in jail right now because they could not afford a proper lawyer, LUCK! It's time maybe, for all of us to get involved on a different level. To sign on to write letters to prisoners, to lobby for prisoners rights, to work for wrongful convictions to be overturned, and find any ways we can to slow the rise of the Prison Industrial Complex.

Innocent people are in jail right now and there lives grow shorter by the minute. It is completely, and utterly unacceptable. When you are sitting in jail for something you didn't do, or don't deserve to be in jail for, the whole world starts to look like The Villain. Like anyone who enjoys freedom while your life is stolen from you, made to rot in a tiny cell, and ruled by violent guards who treat you like trash, are the GUILTY ONES. Like the whole world is just as bad as your captors, jailers, and the system itself for not doing everything in their power to recognize your innocence and get you out. The short time I've spent in custody over my organizing career has been enough to change the way I look at my entire life.

I am so thankful for my health and my freedom... I know this board is full of educated direct action folks, and I have a ton of respect for yall, but if you are someone who hasn't done so already, then I'd like to encourage you to take the time to get familiar with the websites of your local Lawyer's Guild and ACLU chapters; they've helped me out a tremendous amount over the years, and the way things are going, any citizen can seemingly be detained for nearly any reason, any time there are Riot Cops, or any cops around... we're all going to have to get a firmer grip on understanding our rights, how they protect us, and what to do if we, or anyone near us, is wrongfully arrested.

I'll update again after court on Tuesday.

Thanks again to Mr. Francis for kicking ass and locking down this lawyer, to Sean Daley for putting an entire day's worth of work into getting me out of Ramsey County Jail and securely delivered back to where I was staying, and to everyone who supported here. It means a lot. Folks have had my back the whole way, it's a goddamned honor and a privilege to be a part of this community.
Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:07 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
futuristxen

Re: Court Tuesday; small Jared Paul shows in St. Paul &  Reply with quote  

Jared Paul wrote:

This Tuesday will be a "First Appearance" hearing; I'm basically traveling almost 2,000 miles simply to say: NOT GUILTY. And then a date for the "Probable Cause" hearing will be set. The next one will be a bit more crucial.

What would they do if it was economically impossible for you to do that? Would they have to extradite you by force or something?

Good luck Jared.
Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

they would put a warrant out for his arrest
in that case if he ever got picked up in his home state with a warrant cops from st paul could come pick him up if they wanted (not likely)
Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: