Search
Register
Fast typing rant about the war. Whatever.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

natas sevol dog

if the government accually told us the truth about what they are doing and why, then id kinda like that the people would stand up against them, or maybe they would be so tired of all the bullshit that they wouldnt really care what their government does aslong as they have a house and job and money
Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

We'll never know EVERYTHING... But I think we are ready to know a helluva lot more than we do.

What if they find an ancient tomb in egypt... and in it they find a scroll that is magic and it dictates that all human beings, when they die, they get sucked into hell forever, no matter what we do. We are screwed from birth and the gift of life is offset by the curse of eternal damnation.

If that was for real, I sure as hell wouldn't want that information public. Ignorance is bliss in that case.
Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Succintroundabout

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean about "scholarly" approach to islam...Saudi Arabia has the most "scholarly" approach, seeing as they have the largest Muslim university in the world. I also don't get how you could generalize about the majority of shi'ite muslims in Iraq like that....Most muslims in the middle east don't want a representative government with seperation of mosque and state. Islamic law states that their government should be an islamic one. Most muslims in Iraq believe this.

Ok, let me get this straight, hold on a moment...I can't generalize about Muslims, but you can?

Knowing of some of the Shi'a Imams, I can safely say many of the Iraqi ones have a very philosophical approach to Islam which is centered on the individual. How does Saudi Arabia have the most scholarly approach merely on the number of universities it has? Enlighten me. In Saudi Arabia if you don't tow the common line on Islam you get killed, oh yeah, very scholarly!!! I can see many divergent interpretations of Islam coming out of that country...hahahahahhhahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:14 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2