Search
Register
Boston show 9-24
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Boston show 9-24  Reply with quote  

I was thrown on the bill as a special guest at the last minute.

The show is at the Paradise in Boston.

B. Dolan along with DanVsPip

Due to a couple very heavy, very sincere and very extreme issues I will not be performing a set. I am going to play a new song that I need to finish by tomorrow.

When this song is done it will be released as a free download and some other issues attached to it will be along for the ride.

Sorry to put out such an ambiguous teaser but I'm in a rush and I need to get some items together.

Hope to see some people there and perhaps even get some quick feedback on the song.

more info soon

Last edited by Sage Francis on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:40 pm
passenger

ambiguous is right! haha. Consider me teased you big burly man you.... can't wait to hear it!

edit: all this talk about Boston REALLY makes me want some Regina's pizza... THE best pizza. period.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:44 pm
Eireenah

Location: "I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."

wooo i'm glad to hear this one is going on stage so fast
i expect this one in your mysplace payer 5o0N!
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:03 pm
Jared Paul

You can't make it to heaven with a high step; but you can tape the elbows, call your lawyer, and then go head hunting for Satan. Best of luck to you Captain, show'em, SHOW'EM WATCHA GOT!! Fuck a John McCain, Fuck an RNC, and fuck the racist legislators in his shitty home state... BY THE TIME WE GET TO ARIZONA.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mikal kHill

By The Time I Get To Arizona is my favorite Public Enemy song.

I'm glad I don't live IN boston, but I wish I was there to hear this.

-kHill
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:54 pm
marshall84

Bootleggers, get your cellphone cameras ready!
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:38 pm
prolyphic81

Is anyone from the Quincy area going to the show that wants to give my girlfriend and I a ride home? I took the train to work and the Green line stops running at 11:45 or Midnight. So, I don't want to take the chance.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:46 pm
pugg

I am curious!
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lacezilla

song was sick, makes me want to conspire to riot. the show was great. scroob and dan le sac really seemed to connect with the crowd. A lot of people stayed afterwards to meet them. B. performed a song I had not heard yet "in the house", also performed still electric, one breath left, the shapeshifting lizards one, joan of arcadia, paid dues verse, and evil performed a jump. B. said he brought the crowd down with his darker music so scroob and dan could lighten up the crowd later with rainbows they shoot from their dicks. The wonder twins del rap weren't anything special IMO. Two guys from lowell, with some sex songs and drinking songs. I did not mind their style as much as I would have liked to see more content. They did have some funny moments. The whole show was pretty entertaining I hung out with erich and cakes. Great show all thanks.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm
Klone

pugg wrote:
I am curious!

you won't be disappointed.
I liked it alot first listen. performance was different to say the least, haha, but very cool. woulda loved to hear a set but this was enough especially coming as somewhat of a surprise.

B. was great.
dan vs scroob was fun, magicians assistant stood out.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:37 pm
dilly dilly

to say the least, tonight was amazing aside from the influx of wack rappers at the end...

B's set was what I expected - which is to say that I didn't expect it - he has consistently build on his performance and music through out the past couple of years, making it more and more powerful each time, which seems impossible... but I'm here to tell you... it isn't... and he scatters each of his phases through the set like a well written memoir... never losing his own context.

I really would love to hear Sage's new song again-recorded. It was hard for me to understand a lot of the words, but I loved the parts I could understand... a bangin chorus ...if you will... Conspiracy to riot! The production was great, though a bit distorted, probably from the pa? Who produced it?

The sac and pip were friggin awesome... and I must agree that Magicians Assistant was a stand out song for me as well.. to be honest it had me in tears half way through... the words are just sooo powerful and the music steadily built up and up and up,feeding the song till the whole thing exploded into a conglomeration of spent emotions. yes please. and thank you. Loved the whole set and they are stand up guys.

any who... I'm no critic... but that's my two cents for now.

It was great talkin shop with you Erich! though i'm sad I didn't get a chance to talk to any of the other forum members that were there. If any of you cats ever recognize me, feel free to come over and say hey! I'd really like that...

Great to see you all!
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:11 am
prolyphic81

I missed the show, but I had fun stuck in Boston traffic on the way home with lacezilla.
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 am
cakes

i looked dilly, but then i forgot to keep trying. figured you maybe decided not to come. sorry! lacezilla and i were distracted by some obnoxious cats through the last set.

and yes. bernard was the light in my otherwise fairly dreary evening. i always love watching his set.

i always introduce myself as debbie because not only is it habit, i feel weird calling myself cakes, even though all my friends do. erich often corrects me because otherwise you guys wouldn't know who i am, and i feel even more silly! oh internet awkwardness... i would say it at some point. throw it in there so you remember how awesome you think i am. or weird. or whatever.
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 am
prolyphic81

It was nice to meet you Debbie and it was nice to see Erich again.
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 am
erich

- more like, los wunder twins of WACK! ha ha! two lumpy dudes with songs about hating their boring office jobs and one about myspace bitches. everything appears to be in order there.

- fun fact: the polar bear has always been my spirit animal. when i zone out, there he is, offering his cold indifference and fundamental knack for survival. lately, however, his face has kinda morphed (ala Teen Wolf or Thriller) with B. Dolan's. it has me so confused inside that when, during his crowd participation song about agorophobia, he switched up the call and response to "is b dolan's in my mouth," i said it too quickly and too enthusiastically to play off as an accident. and since i was at a show, i know everyone was watching me and heard it... B DOLAN'S A LESBIAN! whew, now im covered.

- i remember in a thread a little while ago, someone mentioned that sage hadnt done a purely political song in a while. "conspiracy to riot" will certainly lay that to rest. i cant remember specific lines right now, but i do remember that despite poor sound quality, i was able to follow the lyrics pretty well. (this was more of a listening party, the vocals were prerecorded; seemed like he was just trying to get a feel for the song in a live setting) a lot of great references and the urgency of the song translated really well.

- i'll admit, it was very hard for me to understand scroobius pip. maybe it was the accent, but im betting it was more that the bass dominated the venue and he *gasp* cupped an sm58 and shouted real fast, which always loses me. but i really loved the stage dynamic between him and dan le sac. dan le sac, for his part, spiced up the set with some real time manipulation of the laptop playback (ableton live and some midi controller from an english company, for you fellow tech heads) also, i'll agree with everyone else that magician's assistant really hit hard and i was able to follow it way more clearly than the rest of the set. he even had different articles of clothes he donned and doffed for each character of another song, i assume "angles?"

i got to meet storm, who was great and easy going, which is apparently rare in rappers, who knew? at any rate, great show, upholding the SFR track record for sure, despite the flagrant numbskullery towards the end. i hung out at the merch desk for the last bit of dan and pip's set, and though my spidey sense started tingling when the crew of big dudes started looming over the desk like they were gonna do something, the bouncers asked them to leave and they did so without incident. the head bouncer then advised me "i dont know what that dude (refering to sage) did, but he pissed them guys off, you should probably stop associating with him." hahaha!
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:39 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next