Search
Register
DanVsPip and B. Dolan tour has finished successfully!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

nm
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:31 pm
dilly dilly

I'm 95% sure that I'll be going to the boston show... I'm sooo looking forward to it!
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'll be there.

Testing out some new material.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:56 am
futuristxen

I will be at the Ames show on Friday. Looking forward to it, obviously. I haven't listened to Dan Le Sac and them except for what's been posted here, so I have no expectations so it should be fun.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:42 am
dilly dilly

Sage Francis wrote:
I'll be there.

Testing out some new material.

Awesome!
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 am
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

I don't want to spoil things so I'll just lay out some tantalizing possibilities:

B. Dolan may or may not have a rap about agoraphobia, that may or may not have a call-response chorus that goes, "The closets in the house!!!... the bedrooms in the house!!!... the garage is in the!!!..." and so forth.

He may or may not have some outlandishly thumping beats produced by alias.

He may or may not have another rap about putting death in its goddamn place that may or may not be a hip hop complement to the Skycycle (skyrider?) Blues song that may or may not have another ridiculously fucking skull-clutchingly dope beat.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:13 pm
futuristxen

I was swapping messages with some random internet person from the general area the past few weeks, and I mentioned that I was going to this show tomorrow, and this is the response I got, which I was told to pass along, and I thought was pretty awesome:

"Aaand holy shit. That's the guy who runs knowmore.org. A site that I love. Now I'm all internet starstruck. If you don't get murdered by the ubiquitous creepy guy loitering in the hotel lobby, tell him he's an inspiration to dissafected midwestern lesbians across the nation. Or at least one of them."

So there you go. B. Dolan plays well in the dissafected midwestern lesbian community. I don't think she even really knew B made music. Ha. Which is really great. It really shows how big knowmore has gotten and how important it is to a wide range of people across everywhere.

I thought that was pretty fantastic.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 am
futuristxen

I just got back from this the other night. Good stuff. I really hadn't heard much of Dan and Scroobius's stuff past what had been posted on here, and I wasn't all that warm to what was posted on here. So suprise suprise when I find out that they make all kinds of diffrent songs. Magician's Assistant and the piece about the rat race were the two most memorable things for me, and both resonated in slightly uncomfortable ways at times. But at any rate, when they weren't looking I bought the album and listend to it on the drive home and enjoyed it a lot.

On top of that the both of them were super nice. I got to talk with Dan Le Sac a bunch and he's hilarious. I heart him long time.

I also got to see B. perform, which is always great because he's my favorite artist going and it was great to see the new hiphop stuffs. I'd seen some of them before, and heard others, but it was great. The House of the Ruff song is really incredible really rugged and raw sounding. I'm way excited about the album when it comes out.

Also got to hang out and chat with B for a huge chunk of time, which was really great. One of my regrets from my time in Providence is definitely that I didn't get to spend more time around you. You're a crazy talented person, and incredibly genuine. And also really entertaining. Awkward rape jokes aside :P

As far as Ames, Iowa goes though...seriously....do you need a college that big? The whole town is like this fucking labrynith of campus with basically nobody around. You can't find shit for shit. Even google can't give proper directions to anything in your town. I was all cool with the rest of Iowa and how much purple there was dotting the landscape. That stretch between Kansas City and Iowa is really beautiful. But Ames...you suck.

Also apparently you need to get your showers fixed, because your boys smell like rank hot dogs.

That one kid with the glasses though seemed okayish. And there was another kid that was rocking the most 1970's, your dad, mustache I've ever seen. It was great. I wanted to take a picture, but it was bad enough that I was stairing at it the whole time.

Anywho. I had a fun enough time. But I hope the next SFR-related tour stops in a real town like St. Louis or Kansas City instead :)
Post Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:20 pm
Alan Hague

Wish I could make that Boston show, but I can't afford to take work off that night.

I hope to experience the show vicariously through reviews I read here, though!
Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:46 am
erich

Alan Hague wrote:
I hope to experience the show vicariously through reviews I read here, though!

i got you, alan. i might even dance around with an inflatable guitar in your honor.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:56 am
cakes

um. yay.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:51 pm
erich

tonight tonight tonight!

you better not have blown all your rape jokes, b.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 am
firefly

Saw the show in Montreal last night and had a good time.

Unfortunately I missed half of B's set but got a chance to buy the album at least. Despite all our E-Beef it was nice to meet you and see your show. I'm gonna pass out those fliers at POP Montreal venues coming up soon.

Dan le sac/Scroobius were really fun to see live. They have nice chemistry on stage. The crowd liked the way Scroobius said emo. "EM-OH" hahaha
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:36 am
Jared Paul

Go git'em B!!!!

BOMBS OVER BEAN-TOWN.
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

Caught the show tonight in NYC. Fucking brilliant. Metermaids killed it (great guys too). But Dolan was a whole different level. I was like a kid in a candy store during his set.

Dan Vs Scroob Pip was tremendously entertaining, especially considering the fact that I'm not too familiar with their work. It was a hell of a time. Thanks Strange Famous!
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:20 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next