Search
Register
G. W. Bush denounces sweatshops and blasts globalism.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

MessiahCarey

G. W. Bush denounces sweatshops and blasts globalism.  Reply with quote  

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/08/06/bush.children/index.html

OOOOooooooohhhhhhhhhh.

He means AMERICAN kids. Maybe someday.

Peace,
Shane
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:21 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

And these, ladies and gentelmen, are the REAL issues that effect our nation.

stay scared.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:48 am
Beat Reporter

a couple of weeks before the girl from salt lake got snatched from her bedroom, there was a slew of african american girls getting abducted from the streets in DC. the media did nothing to raise attention to what appeared to be a serious kidnapper in the area. but as soon as a blonde little girl from an upscale neighborhood gets abducted, the media is setting up news vans around the clock outside the family's house. now i'm not saying that the girl from utah and her horrible abduction should have been ignored, obviously not. giving serious attention to these abductions is one of the good things that the media does. awareness helps in finding these despicable people who are kidnapping youth. its just a twisted view of priorities in the media. the media doesn't report anything until it affects upper middle class white america. when these things were going on in urban neighborhoods where minorities are the majority, it slipped under the radar of the national media.

its just another example of the racism that plagues the media.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:08 pm
Reggie

This is the worst.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:11 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

it's obvious bullshit.

so much is upsetting me right now.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:29 pm
TheGhost

Its goes without saying that our media is racist...But thats beside the point.

I doubt there has been a rise in the amount of kidnappings in the past couple of months. They are just covering them more now, to scare us into be snithces.

Look out for anything suspicious. Keep an eye on your neighbors. Your not just looking out for terrorists now, your looking out for kidnaoppers too.

I feel sorry for the People who buy into the media's coverage of these kidnappings. Im also scared that these are going to be the people who are going to report me to homeland security for reading a book in public in a few years.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:44 pm
MessiahCarey

How do y'all respond to the conservative's claim of a "liberal media".

I've seen it a lot, actually...but then I also hear stories like the one you mention in DC that tend to contradict that.

There's a book called "Bias" by an ex-news anchor where he speaks on the whole liberal media thing from an insider's perspective. It's worth borrowing from the library.

What do y'all think?

Peace,
Shane
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:49 pm
maxim

Yeah i always tell everyone, you know that there is probably a young kid abducted every 5 min in this country, but 90% of them arent Richy McRich so obviously they get no attention.

As soon as little Richard McRichrich gets abducted, OH NO, scramble the fighters! DEFCON 3. Fuck that. Of course this is obvious, but fuck it im going to rant anyways.

Im moving to Canada.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
td3

Canada?  Reply with quote  

that isn't going to change anything.... though i was thinking of doing the same myself....except maybe England instead of Canada... its too close

PS: i was laughing my ass off when i clicked on the link and seen the face George W. was making...haha

PSS: is the rate of kidnappings actually getting bigger or is the medias coverage getting larger?

maybe the news was running out of things to say about 9/11 so they started up a new line of topics

t
d
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
futuristxen

All I know is South Park already did an episode about all of this like a week or two ago...it's good to see South Park leading our nation on "issues" of such great importance.

This is just another thing the government can use to convin your neighbor to turn into a spy.

I want a link to a story of that dc thing if anyone finds one.

Speaking of bush, did anyone see the daily show last night, they showed a clip of him taking off from his golf game to make some mideast policy--he honest to god concluded his speech which, "Now watch this driver" or something like that...I couldn't believe it. And the thing is no other news show shows stuff like this--WHY DO I HAVE TO GET MY NEWS FROM COMEDY CENTRAL???? Something is seriously fucked up.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:13 pm

Jump to: