Search
Register
2 b. dolan shows: minneap TODAY!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

b. dolan
FBI agent

2 b. dolan shows: minneap TODAY!  Reply with quote  

Sorry for the last minute announcement and changes... the organizers of the ripple effect show have left a bit to be desired, and I don't mind sayin it in public...

BUT. I've got the following to announce:

Due to their inability to raise the necessary funds to pay the man, Prolyphic had to drop off the bill for the RNC protest show. He will NOT be appearing tomorrow. Ballssss.

Due in part to my masochism and commitment to promote Knowmore at this event, I struck a deal with the organizers to pay for a fraction my bill to get out here, and am hoping to make the rest back in merch, or prostitution, or love ...

So:

I'll be performing tomorrow at the ripple effect event, at around 3 o clock on the st. Paul capital lawn. This is a FREE SHOW. Also scheduled to perform are anti flag, dead prez, I self divine, and others. Details are on my myspace page...

Myspace.com/bernarddolan

ALSO

I was able to book a last minute gig following the RNC show, performing alongside Matisyahu and a bunch of other solid local bands..

The details for the second show, also happening tomorrow, are as follows:

"Cabooze"
917 cedar avenue
$5 cover
Doors at 8:30

Thisll be a shorter set than the afternoon, about 20 minutes. Ill be going on right before matisyahu, later in the night.
If anyones planning on coming through, hollr at your boy. Also if anyone wants to bring a video camera that's always welcome. Ill be performing songs from my new album that you can then post on youtube.

After that ill be joining the broken hearts club vigil outside whatever jail Amy Goodman is in. Motherfuckers. 10,000 protesters on day one? Not bad at tall.

Last edited by b. dolan on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 pm
futuristxen

Good luck!
Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

dolan's rider is ridiculous
Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b. dolan
FBI agent

Bump
Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:38 am
Casey Carver

any idea when dead prez goes on? i plan on dipping after their set to the black dog block party with los nativos, kill the vultures, and the coup.

also, i'd heard amy goodman had been released 3 hours or so after her arrest. was she brought in again? either way, the video of her arrest was very disturbing, seeing a credentialed journalist mistreated like that.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

Yeah... I heard about her release as well.

No idea about dead prez though ... sorry.

Today's the day! Heading over to St. Paul now to see whats what
Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:59 am
tom inhaler
me too!

b. dolan wrote:
Yeah... I heard about her release as well.

No idea about dead prez though ... sorry.

Today's the day! Heading over to St. Paul now to see whats what

say hi to matthew ruttker for me!
Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:30 am
Casey Carver

just got back from that shit.

b. ripped it. my friend i brought was impressed and i finally got a chance to pick up the failure and i'm excited to give it a full listen. i dug the original 2 disc version that was put up for download a couple years back and from what i've heard thus far, it sounds like this should be much better.

dead prez and i self were good as well, and about what i expected and i very much enjoyed their sets.

michael franti and anti flag were also about what i expected and i did not enjoy them at all.

rage against the machine were supposed to play at around 6:30 but the power was shut off. the band came out and led the crowd through a capella versions of a couple songs via megaphone and then bounced.

we then joined up with a march that i believe met up with the poor peoples march and walked down to where they had the river center blocked off for the convention. i didn't really see any shit go down, but i've got lots of pictures of police in riot gear, including a squad that showed up during dolan's set. i'll try to post pictures soon.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:13 pm
RealJustice

http://blogs.citypages.com/ctg/2008/09/rage_show_stopp.php

Rage show stopped by cops; march and tear gassing ensues
Filed under: Music

By Andrea Myers via telephone

A peaceful concert on the capitol lawn took a turn when rumors started circulating that Rage Against the Machine would play. Supposed headliners Anti-Flag finished up their set and told the crowd: "Stay put: shit's gonna get crazy."

What proceeded can only be described as organized chaos. As fans chanted "Let them play" and "Our Capitol," Rage band members could be seen on the capitol steps arguing with state troopers. After about 15 minutes of chanting and arguing with police, the band walked around the perimeter of the stage and into the crowd.

Zach de la Rocha got to sing through a bullhorn, but that was it.

Grabbing a bullhorn, Zach de la Rocha asked the crowd to be quiet and sit down. He addressed the crowd with anti-war messages and then led the crowd in an a capella sing-a-long of "Killing in the Name" accompanied by bandmate Tom Morello.

As the crowd began to get restless, de la Rocha and Morello led the audience of approximately 2,000-3,000 people on an impromptu march along Cedar Avenue. Coincidentally, or perhaps on purpose, the Poor Peoples' Human Rights Campaign was also conducting a march. The two marches converged on Cedar Avenue and collectively moved toward the Xcel Center, where thousands are now congregated.

The crowd is collectively rushing the barricades, yelling and provoking police. Black Bloc protesters have been spotted, and I personally overheard a riot cop telling others he was nervous because one was waving an Anarchy flag. The cop said: "they are here." There have been rumors of tear gas along the march. I'm witnessing someone washing out his eyes right now, but didn't witness any tear gas myself. The person rinsing his eyes out is holding a camera and appears to be a photographer.

UPDATE: The march bottlenecked in front of the Xcel Center, where the Poor Peoples' Human Rights Campaign intended to peacefully demonstrate in front of the Dorothy Day Center. However, with the addition of the nixed RATM show's attendees, the heat quickly rose between protesters and police. The crowd was told repeatedly to disperse, and I personally left the scene after the initial warnings due to a fear of getting gassed. The streets were lined with riot police, who were stacked two-deep at points, even perched on top of Mickey's Diner with pepper spray guns raised. Reports from my friends and colleagues on Twitter indicate that the crowd was given two more warnings, and was then tear gassed. Skirmishes between police and protesters were still taking place as I left the city, and 15-20 police cars and vans were headed into St. Paul on 94 as I headed out.

Looks like a good time.
Instead of going to this I got to go pass appetizers and clear plates for the republicans at an event put on by a (solar and wind energy) lobbying group. But Triumph the Insult Comic Dog showed up, did an interview and sang a song, so it wasn't a total wash.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:53 am
confoundit
MIDGET DICK

some photos:

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:16 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: