Search
Register
Pick Up Artists
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

breakfast

Pvt_Moose wrote:
well then we agree to dissagree.

On what? Disagree that "Enigma" or "Mystery" or "Weirdjob" or whatever his name looks like he was the valedictorian at Clown College?

Or that you don't think you can talk to girls without their system?

Because in either case, disagreeing with me is a sad, sad option.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 am
cakes

try match.com yo.

i kinda hope a sweet logo or whatever they're called under moose's sn will come outta this...
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:04 am
redball

I look forward to the day your voicemail hits the internets.

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43785
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:21 am
Majawala

this is relevant

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219940400&sr=8-3

Amazon.com
Are you just another AFC ("average frustrated chump") trying to meet an HB ("hot babe")? How would you like to "full-close" with a Penthouse Pet of the Year? The answers, my friend, are in Neil Strauss's entertaining book The Game. Strauss was a self-described chick repellant--complete with large, bumpy nose, small, beady eyes, glasses, balding head, and, worst of all, painful shyness around women. He felt like "half a man." That is, until a book editor asked him to investigate the community of pickup artists. Strauss's life was transformed. He spent two years bedding some fine chiquitas and studying with some of the North America's most suave gents--including the best of them all, the God of the pickup "community," a man named Mystery.

Mystery is an aspiring Toronto magician who charges $2,250 for a weekend pickup workshop. He is not much to look at: a cross between a vampire and a computer geek. But by using high-powered marketing techniques he's turned seduction into an effortless craft--even inventing his own vocabulary. His technique sounds like a car salesman's tip sheet: his main rule is FMAC--find, meet, attract, close. He employs the "three-second rule"--always approach a woman within three seconds of first seeing her in order to avoid getting shy. Other tricks: Intrigue a beautiful woman by pretending to be unaffected by her charm; also, never hit on a woman right away. Start with a disarming, innocent remark, like "Do you think magic spells work?" or "Oh my god, did you see those two girls fighting outside?" And finally, the most important characteristic of the pickup artist--smile.

After two years, Strauss ends up becoming almost as successful as Mystery, but he comes to an important realization. His techniques were actually off-putting to the woman he ended up falling in love with. And they never prepared him for actually having a relationship. After a while, he ran out of one-liners and had to have a real conversation. Still, The Game is a great read that may help some AFCs come out of their shells. --Alex Roslin
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 am
tommi teardrop

The VH1 show about this shit was hilarious. The thing that stood out to me, was the stories they would come up with as a means to start a conversation. This one dude would use the same line every time. He would say, "Did you see that fight outside? Yeah it was a crazy fight. One of the guy's names was Frank." And then he would just start up a convo like clockwork. It seemed to work pretty well.

I guess stuff like that could be helpful. But you have to remember, these guys are typically hitting on a very specific type of girl. Usually drunk ones.

I have to say, I was really proud of the Jay Moore looking guy that got the stripper to go into the limo and make out with him.

I just think it's funny how in depth they get with these techniques. They take it so seriously. But I think a lot of guys do the same type of shit, just not consciously.

It's not easy to walk up to a stranger and start a conversation without coming off like a weirdo, so if they have advice on that, maybe it will be helpful. But I really don't think you need to worry about all the other stuff like moving locations and shit like that.

Be confident and don't seem desperate. And learn how to bullshit. That should be enough if you want to hit on random girls out of the blue.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 am
shambhala

I know a guy who's a professional magician (no shit) who studies these techniques to get clients. He says that when he does a party/bar mitzvah, etc, his business relies on working the crowd to get future gigs, and some of these tactics work when you're trying to sell yourself to strangers.

It's not the techniques to start a graceful conversation that irks me about this shit, its that the ultimate point is to manipulate a woman into sleeping with you without ever exposing anything real about yourself. It's sleazy. I've been out with people who do this kind of thing and they make me want to vomit.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 am
futuristxen

cakes wrote:
try match.com yo.

Okaycupid yo. It's free and has way more fun things on it. Like IQ tests and all kinds of business.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 am
WrathChild

Haha, dude, forget these assholes. All they can teach you is how to feign confidence. You'll never end up with anybody of substance using their "techniques", you'll end up with a girl who's attracted to the game your playing.

It's all bullshit. And motherfuckers are profiting. Go figure.

Actual tips to attracting women of substance AKA women who are actually interested in you:

Be yourself
Put yourself into social situations
Develop true self confidence (not the bullshit they teach. self confidence doesn't come from clothes or how many drunk girls you can pick up)

Follow those three rules and you'll meet some great people.

"But how do I develop self confidence?"

Ha, that's the self part of it. Nobody can teach you how to be confident. Believe you're a decent human being and you can become one.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:51 am
breakfast

Set goals.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

pop the collar man. thats how you get the chicks. Pop collars, roll the pant legs up. This is the ish man. I'm telling you. I pull 5 chicks a day.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:07 am
breakfast

He must be very warm.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:13 am
sirweighsalot

long live true forced loneliness
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jrspudsquad

Everyone has their do's and don't's of meeting new people. The point is that they are your do's and don't's, so the person gets to meet you and not mojo jack or whatever the fuck.

You're not just taking some jerkoff's tips so you can get through the door and the girl can really get to know you. If you want a girl to get to know you, that includes how you naturally start interaction. Taking another dudes' cheaps pick up moves is like entering the bar with a mask and wig.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

futuristxen wrote:
Give yourself to Vishnu. Vishnu gets lots of tail.

"I AM VISHNU....I WILL DESTROY YOU WITH MY MASSIVE DICK"

I'm puzzled by your random capitalization of letters, Moose.

Also, this "science" of talking to women is going to fill your head with rubbish- you know that right? The more simple you can keep it, the better. Your odds of actually having a good conversation and sparing yourself from sounding like a d-bag go way, way up the lesser amount of planned game you spit.

Your better off just smiling at someone and saying "I like your shoes" and seeing where it goes.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:26 am
Majawala

or you can ask a random girl to feel your shirt and then say, "you know what that is? boyfriend material."
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next