Search
Register
Doomtree 7 - 29 - 08
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Jonthekingdon

Man I cant wait for ughh to open tommorow so I can buy it!!!!
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
C.R.A.Z.Y

Jonthekingdon wrote:
Man I cant wait for ughh to open tommorow so I can buy it!!!!

order it from the fifth element online store mang. send your money to mpls. they get em direct from the artist there. maybe could even order it tonight.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:19 pm
Casey Carver

as someone whose seen doomtree rock a 10 person crowd more times than they ever should have had to, its fucking great to see the success they've had and how much people on this forum are enjoying them. its been a long time coming and they deserve all that they have.

i'm leaving for first ave in a minute here and this is definitely the most hyped i've been for a show in a while.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:29 pm
CaptainFantasy

Looking on fifth element now for the cd and there's one called Doomtree and one called False Hopes. Looks like the new one is the self titled - is this one better than False Hopes?
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:31 pm
selfworth

[quote="CaptainFantasy"]Looking on fifth element now for the cd and there's one called Doomtree and one called False Hopes. Looks like the new one is the self titled - is this one better than False Hopes?[/quote]

it's like six in one hand, half a dozen in the other. they are both great, but everyone is talking about the self titled.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:39 pm
bbreakz

Buy them both. False Hopes isn't exactly a full crew record but it is at the same time. I like Self Titled better right now, but that is because they dropped the last False Hopes like ealry this year, so now am excited for this new one. Both are amazing. There is only one problem with False Hopes, not enough Dessa. But, she is on Flex (sick posse cut) and Veteran which is has a great horn filled track by herself and then a slow jam at the end.

Just buy them both. Trust me.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:19 pm
CaptainFantasy

bbreakz wrote:

Just buy them both. Trust me.

I just bought them both. Not really liking the new Fifth Element setup...could just be I need to get used to it. I used to like looking at the front page for new music, but now it's all t-shirts on the front. Also, I noticed they're charging shipping now. I don't mind tossing them a few bucks for shipping as I understand it's hard for independent music stores these days. They got rid of the paypal option too. I used to just log into Paypal and it was done, but now it's a whole filling out forms process. Now that they've got my profile should be easier next time, but if it's not broke...
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:52 pm
bbreakz

I haven't purchased anything from Fifth Element since Lemons. Hey you got meet them halfway with that whole shipping thing. That is why i wait to buy big every few months. See you bought two albums, two great albums and it softens the blow on the postage the more you buy. Much like SFR, Fifth Element is always quick with the orders.

Oh yeah, i forgot. There is nasty beat on Hot Monotony on False Hopes. Grouchy listening!!!
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:26 am
mobe

This record sounds really good. By which I mean it does when I listen to it, not it seems like it will be good from all the major raves here.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 am
pugg

Got mine in the mail last week. Been enjoying it so far.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2