Search
Register
B. Dolan & Rectangle Club @ Benefit; Sat. 6/28 in CT!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Eltron Hubbard
try-harderator

erich wrote:
i liked eltron better when he was posting pictures of flowers or some shit with an esoteric thesis for some vague hip hop space opera. i mean, nobody was fooled into thinking you'd actually follow through with it, but at least it gave you the illusion of depth. now youre just that loud little runt on the playground who doesnt realize that everyone is taking it easy on him out of pity.

every flower in its season, pal.
Don't be mad that you can't be as hard as me.
Resist the urge to respond, because I sure can't.

1002 posts What!?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:27 pm
futuristxen

Actually it turns out I may make this after all. My housing situation fell through, and a few other things, so it looks like I'm heading back Missouri way Sunday--this would be an excellent way to see off New England. Rectangle Club AND one last Bernard show until he decides to tour through the Bible belt again. Couldn't complain.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:22 am
MessiahCarey

I'm looking soooooooooo forward to this shit.

I only regret that Jack won't be there to experience it. I miss him.

A quick story about Jack, if you'll indulge me:

Some days I'm pretty social, but on others I'm not. One particular evening I was visiting some of my friends from Jack's town. I didn't know him very well, yet, and we were all chilling and talking about what music we liked. I had an acoustic guitar and started getting a little introspective and disinterested in the conversation, so I sat myself in the corner and started quietly plucking away at a few songs.

I could tell that the room had slowly been emptying as kids went to get drinks, or whatever, and start new conversations in the other room. Eventually I completely forgot I was even at a get-together...so I started singing songs that are probably a lot more depressing than one would normally play at a "party" (unless you're me).

Eventually it was suggested to me (from where, I do not know. It was nothing physical) that I play "Bird on the Wire" by Cohen. At the time, it was a song I really felt comfortable with and would belt out a little more confidently than a few others. So I sang, and I was completely in the zone, enjoying myself and feeling that very strange feeling that you feel in your chest when everything is being poured out of you. It's the same feeling you get when a girlfriend says "We need to talk..."

When I finished the song and looked up Jack was there with his head in his hands, crying. He looked up at me, tears streaming down his face and through honest and un-wiped tears sniffled, "I love Cohen. Thank you SO much."

I will never, EVER forget it. Guess it's my turn to cry, eh Jack?

Thank you again Bernard, I can't explain how much this means to me and Eric.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:31 pm
MessiahCarey

Gonna up this one last time before I leave my house.

Jeah.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:43 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2