Search
Register
B. Dolan & Rectangle Club @ Benefit; Sat. 6/28 in CT!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

b. dolan
FBI agent

B. Dolan & Rectangle Club @ Benefit; Sat. 6/28 in CT!  Reply with quote  

Three months before The Legendary Jack Young Jr. committed suicide in 2007, he tried to get help for his depression and substance abuse, but was turned down for lack of health insurance. PARTICLE ACCELERATOR is an annual benefit rock show to raise money for and increase awareness of suicide and depression, with the sole purpose of educating our youth and assisting those with no health insurance who want or need help with mental health issues.

PARTICLE ACCELERATOR II BENEFIT MUSIC FESTIVAL
Saturday, June 28th, 2008

11am - 11pm
Brooklyn Fair Grounds, Brooklyn, CT
Rain or Shine- More Than 15 Performances
$10.00 in advance, $15.00 at the door
Raffles, Food, Art Show, And A Variety Of Musical Performances!
To benefit Suicide Prevention Programs Through United Services, Inc.

===

Rectangle Club goes on at 5:30, I go on at 6:00.

This was a fun, random ass show for a good cause last year, and booking myself on the same bill as Rectangle Club (and a raffle!) is something I try to do as often as possible.

i'm apparently performing in something called the "crows nest area" ... it's gonna be weyad.

Last edited by b. dolan on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 pm
mizterie

you know i'ma be there. i'd hitch if i had to.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 pm
futuristxen

le sigh. I won't be there because I have to be in Newport for work by 11pm. Oh night hours, oh how you vex me!

But I'd encourage anyone thinking about going to go. It was really fun last year, and it's for a really good cause. Plus Bernard and Shane know how to rock a show.

Last year Bernard stared down some emo metal kids and almost made them cry. It was a dark day for the dark lord that day, that's for sure(actually I think they were a christian metal band, or something--I didn't pay attention).
Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

futuristxen wrote:

Last year Bernard stared down some emo metal kids and almost made them cry. It was a dark day for the dark lord that day, that's for sure(actually I think they were a christian metal band, or something--I didn't pay attention).

haha. touching my shit is not allowed. imagine the audacity of me like jumping on another band's costume, equipment, whatever, backstage... me just kinda picking it up and playing with it to entertain myself...

i feel like there's gotta be some unspoken laws between strangers about 'backstage.' otherwise why don't we all just crawl back into the ocean and call the whole fucking thing off.

the more i think about it the more angry i get. haha. i hope their bands not playing this year. rich kids with no fuckin manners.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 pm
Jared Paul

I've made an olneyville/RISD kid unconfortable a time or two, as well. The funniest thing is how shocked they are that the situation isn't something that can be laughed off or brushed off right that moment

"Whoa man, why did you just push me?"

"You were dancing like an asshole, and you bumped into me 3 times already."

"Really?"

"REALLY."

"Oh."

i still stare...

"Sorry..."

I'd be so down for this, but i've got a little performance myself on that same night. Good Luck yall! I was thinking of the Rectangle Club's cover of "Happiness is a Warm Gun," today actually.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eltron Hubbard
try-harderator

This is a serious societal ill you guys have hit upon here. No foolin'
Particularily at colleges and especially art schools.

Rich white kids have got some preposterous deficit of boundaries.
Are we your mother? Are we here to love you and your cutesy shit unconditionally?
White kids please show some restraint when the urge arises to approach motherfuckers and their personal space on some cutesy shit.

Kids, don't talk to people like you know them until you do. Be polite first. It's not a race to be buddies.

Thanks kids.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 am
Jared Paul

B. Dolan: how happy am I that you are out and performing again? All I have to do now is look at your Myspace and I can find a date when you're playing and mark it on my calendar, instead of having to listen to my old copy of the failure, re-reading my old copy of the chap book (and other sheets i found that were thrown from stage during as220 performances), and re-citing what i know from my head...

and now there's the new Failure, and whatever's coming too! and all these live shows. it's a good feeling soldier, a good feeling indeed.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
erich

Eltron Hubbard wrote:
Kids, don't talk to people like you know them until you do. Be polite first. It's not a race to be buddies.

weren't you the guy who tried to talk himself into becoming a moderator?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 pm
cakes

fuck yea.

where would this ticket in advance business be?

edit: raffle?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:40 pm
Eltron Hubbard
try-harderator

erich wrote:

Yeah I was a moderator, but I couldn't handle the pressures.

You lack subtlety.

Let's not derail a useful thread with further babytalk.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:55 pm
malpractice
post haste

aw man i wish i could go to this.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

erich wrote:
Eltron Hubbard wrote:

j boogie -

good to be around again mang. we gotta link up soon. life sucks as far as free time lately, but i'm keeping an eye out for an opening... worst case scenario i'll pop into a slam if i have time, but coffee would sho be nice.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:16 pm
Eltron Hubbard
try-harderator

B. dolan, you need to keep your pwnage jpgs back in google search where they belong before I summon up some completely authentic internet rage and make you look foolish in front of the entire world, your special friends, your mother, and all of history forever.

You see my forum rep is real important to me and I won't hesitate to keep hirsute spoken word performers in line, using very scathing paragraphs, incriminating past posting, internet research,and maybe even some animated gifs if I have to.

So get the fuck out of my face, fuckler. and little beyuch erich from scandinavia

("walk" away and promote your show in peace)

1001 POSTS WOOO!
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:39 pm
erich

i liked eltron better when he was posting pictures of flowers or some shit with an esoteric thesis for some vague hip hop space opera. i mean, nobody was fooled into thinking you'd actually follow through with it, but at least it gave you the illusion of depth. now youre just that loud little runt on the playground who doesnt realize that everyone is taking it easy on him out of pity.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:00 pm
Jared Paul

Oh! Sorry, i thought that pic was Garnett over Gasol for a second!!
BO BO BO!! ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Any time B., i'll break my schedule over one knee if see your name on the ID... the world is moving on, but we got a few more adventures to log up in this mutha while we're still young and handsome. ( :
Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next