Search
Register
Doomtree 7 - 29 - 08
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Freshman_Woes82

Doomtree 7 - 29 - 08  Reply with quote  

Anyone else REALLY excited for this record?

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=430

The first "official" record by the entire crew. By "official" we mean that this is what we mean—and have meant all along. After years of burying songs in the back yard or putting out False Hopeses that we could brush off as experiments, this is pretty much exactly what we've been trying to do. And we're owning up to it, son. Hate on it. Love on it. We certainly do both, and couldn't be more excited for you to feel feelings with and all over us. Yikes.

Seriously, this album has something you'll like on it. If it doesn't then you have no business calling yourself a fan of hip hop or popular music in general. Speaking of which, do you call yourself a fan of music often? In public? Like "I am a fan of music, and I do not care for this"? That's not all that cool, dude. Keep that shit to yourself.

Pre-orders come with new pins, stickers, an autographed poster, and whatever else we might come up with between now and then (e.g. deceptively threatening white powders, expired coupons, fingernail clippings, etc).

1. Close Your Ears (intro)
2. Drumsticks
3. Gander Back
4. The Wren
5. Gameshow Host
6. Dots & Dashes
7. Game Over
8. Real Class (interlude)
9. Last Call
10. Accident
11. Sadie Hawkins
12. The Walrus (interlude)
13. Twentyfourseven
14. Let Me Tell You, Baby
15. Down the Line
16. Kid Gloves
17. Pop Gun War
18. Reintroduction
19. Liver Let Die
20. I’m Talking
21. Jaded
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:53 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I'm very excited; this is good news.

and to top it off, they'll be in Dallas on 7/22.

I've only seen POS live and I look forward to my Doomtree summer.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 pm
knowrites

well, fuck me running.
i was starting to think everyone on doomtree died.
nothing has come out of there since.... a little while ago.
i've been waiting eagerly for this for quite some time, and was starting to think the project was set aside.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:35 pm
sequence

I'm excited about this album--though I wish they were coming to Portland, this summer. I really would like to see the whole crew, but I really don't want to have to travel to Seattle to do so.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:55 pm
corporateslave

It's about damn time! Me and a couple friends were talking to POS after a show last september and he said they were hoping to have it out by last february. Better late than never though.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:08 pm
CaptainFantasy

I would love to see a full length from Dessa, but this should be dope too.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Bryan

Yeah, this should be hot.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm
selfworth

i've waiting for the pre order for this for about 3 weeks now. YIPPIE
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:27 am
Freshman_Woes82

CaptainFantasy wrote:
I would love to see a full length from Dessa, but this should be dope too.

Once this crew album gets released I think we'll start seeing the solo albums. The Mictlan & Lazerbeak (Hand Over Fist) album is up first though.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 am
Jen & Juice

CAN'T.FUCKING.WAIT!
Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:11 am
NeverWinter

This album is crazy fucking good, on my 3rd or so listen and I have yet to hear a track out of place, or something I'd want to skip through to get to the next.

Grab is asap if you haven't already
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:28 am
bbreakz

I grabbed the album when i saw them with the Flobots a few weeks back. It is sick, a very tight albumswith really crunchy beats. There are some great guitar licks in there.

Dots and Dashes, Drumsticks, Game Over and Accident are standouts but i like every track. Dots and Dashes though is just plain amazing. There is an Interlude called Walrus or something that is a big f'n tease, i wish that beat was an entire track.

I asked Dessa about a full length and she said she is working on songs, but then they all mentioned Mictlan and Lazerbeak would be first. Mictlan was my least fav DT emcee, but not anymore. Actually i never had a least fav, i just didn't have much to listen to. He slays it live. They all do

Can't wait to see them again, hopefully they come back in the fall and get longer than 40 minutes.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:40 am
sequence

I've been a bit Doomtree obsessed lately, and this record does not disappoint. To call the production top-notch is an understatement; the whole DTR production crew are dominating the world of hip hop producers insofar as they are able to make very intricate tracks that develop over the course over 4 minutes while continuing to bang. If you've heard False Hopes, much of the production on this record is on par with Slow Burn, which has been one of my favorite tracks for a year or so now. The emcees also slay, as was said, Mictlan has stepped has game up the most; he sounds great on here. I don't even know what Dessa looks like, but I have crush on her. She raps about bourbon. I love bourbon. And I love rap. So there you go. I would love to hear a full length from her.

Highly recommended. I'll be buying copies of this record for friends.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 pm
bbreakz

sequence wrote:
I've been a bit Doomtree obsessed lately, and this record does not disappoint. To call the production top-notch is an understatement; the whole DTR production crew are dominating the world of hip hop producers insofar as they are able to make very intricate tracks that develop over the course over 4 minutes while continuing to bang.

Word on all that.

When i saw Dessa for the first time, she opened for POS and Mac in LA. Well she comes out to a few screams, and then says something such as, "This how you can sum up my set: Melancholy, dance party, bar fight followed by a regrettable sexual experience." She then did about seven songs and some poetry and it was all amazing. and she had the crowd eating out of her hand in 2 songs. Your crush is well warranted sequence.

Oh yeah here is the Video for Drumsticks.
<object> <param> <param> <param> </object><br>Doomtree "Drumsticks" Music Video from Ted Romeo on Vimeo.

Last edited by bbreakz on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:36 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

hey that doomtree video is rad! and if you are in mpls right now, i just ran into sims and dessa and stephen from kill the vultures and they told me they are playing at first ave tonight in a few hours.

the vid is true to life cuz the doom kids mad rock their bikes. they used to hold a get together called doomtree bike gang it was kinda rad. everyone met and rode bikes all night in a huge swarm, so this video is very realistic. :)

their producers, rappers and dj's are pretty amazing. i like their music a lot. the only thing about them that i don't fancy so much is their conscious effort to " build an image " style and fashion wise. i mean, i guess a lot of artists do it, but i think the music is already good enough. people should like them regardless.

anyways they are tighter then most in mpls, and that video is sweet. so everyone in mpls go to see doomtree tonight and buy their new cd :)
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next