Search
Register
Prolyphic, Storm Davis live in Brooklyn, NY
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

prolyphic81

Prolyphic, Storm Davis live in Brooklyn, NY  Reply with quote  

Friday June, 6 2008
at The Asterisk
258 Johnson Ave.
Brooklyn, New York
Cost : TBA
Line-up is:

Metermaids
Prolyphic
Storm Davis
BrokeMC
Domer

Doors open at 9pm, I'm sure one of us will ask "Where's Brooklyn at?". Tell your friends about it. I've never played here before, but it is supposedly a "loft venue". The show is being thrown by The Metermaids, they're cool guys. Should be a good one.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:31 pm
Storm Davis

Big City BUMPus.

Anybody in the city tonight, come on by. I fully expect Prolyphic to kill it. I am only contractually obligated to be aiiiiiiiiiiiight, so we'll see how that goes.

Hope to see you there!!! (<---note exclamation points)
Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:22 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mattrego

How did it go yo?
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:19 pm
dox

Seeing as though neither of them has responded yet, I'll bite. I performed with Storm Davis, who was gracious enough to invite the rest of his Poorly Drawn crew to rock.

The description Prolyphic provided of the venue - that it was a "loft venue" - was completely accurate. Asterisk is housed in an industrial neighborhood just outside of Bushwick. But the space was great, despite being a loft. Legit PA, stage, all of that. And multiple cats!!

The crowd filled the venue - not an overwhelming amount of people, but perfect for the space. And it was a really attentive, responsive audience, which is always a nice break from New England crowds. :)

All the acts performed well. We've done a couple of shows with the Spokin Movement crew and they always impress. Prolyphic, despite nearly challenging the monitors to a fight, did a great job. Metermaids were dope. I forget the name of the group that went on before us, but I enjoyed them.

Storm Davis was aight.
Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:03 pm
Jared Paul

dox wrote:
Seeing as though neither of them has responded yet, I'll bite. I performed with Storm Davis, who was gracious enough to invite the rest of his Poorly Drawn crew to rock.

The description Prolyphic provided of the venue - that it was a "loft venue" - was completely accurate. Asterisk is housed in an industrial neighborhood just outside of Bushwick. But the space was great, despite being a loft. Legit PA, stage, all of that. And multiple cats!!

The crowd filled the venue - not an overwhelming amount of people, but perfect for the space. And it was a really attentive, responsive audience, which is always a nice break from New England crowds. :)

All the acts performed well. We've done a couple of shows with the Spokin Movement crew and they always impress. Prolyphic, despite nearly challenging the monitors to a fight, did a great job. Metermaids were dope. I forget the name of the group that went on before us, but I enjoyed them.

Storm Davis was aight.

Word? I heard he busts like a Pooba!!
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:00 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mattrego

dox wrote:

Storm Davis was aight.

Cool. Thanks. I live vicariously through you rap cats.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:10 am
dox

Jared Paul wrote:
dox wrote:

Storm Davis was aight.

Word? I heard he busts like a Pooba!!

And word up, Matt.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:44 am
prolyphic81

The show was good and it was very laid back. It felt like a house party and the atmosphere was full of positivity.

The sound was shitty and the monitors were giving off a lot of feedback, I performed my ode to the record digger song for a room full of people that were not into records, Storm should have battled the Yoga master, but what can you do? we still all had fun.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:16 pm
Storm Davis

Word to all accounts given thusfar.

The venue was better than I expected, the crowd larger than I expected, and the response from it was more than I had a right to hope for. They took it upon themselves to create call-and-response, sang hooks they learned only seconds earlier, and responded to specific song lyrics in conversations they started with me after.

The overwhelming positive vibe of the whole experience was refreshing, and the other acts impressed, specifically the Metermaids, who I'd never seen, and still haven't heard on record.

Prolyphic, as I predicted, killed. Intensity like a MF. People ate it up. And the maiden voyage of the live "Two Track Mind" was a tearjerker. Literally. In a good way.

I was, as predicted, aiiiight, but my PDP brethren saved the day as always.

Brooklyn Rules.

transmitting live from the Puma's Den,
SD
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:46 pm
mattrego

Yeah I was curious as to how the Metermaids were live. I remember they did one of the Sage remix contests. I gotta time a trip back home to RI to coincide with some shows. I haven't been to a show in RI since, shit, I think David Byrne at Lupo's in 2001. It's been too long.

Anyways thanks for the summaries. Keep hustlin.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:46 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: