Search
Register
continuation of the discontinuation of the "Sick"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Pvt_Moose

a spoken word album would be the best idea. no one really has done something like that. a live album would kick ass too
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:13 pm
weenus

Days grow old is AWESOME. I found it online and i've been trying to figure out what album it was released on, I love that song. Embarissed is dope as fuck too.
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:02 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jesus Frank

Days Grow Old is off Sick of Waiting Tables.
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:45 am
YapDaps

i didnt read most of this post...but a live album would definitely be dope.
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:43 am
JordaFi

Just a clarification, isn't "Mermaids" a spoken word piece? I'd take The strange famous spoken word out of the two... "throwin a can o pee off a canopy, can a pee-brain hit me in plain day? Are we game for wee games with weak aim?" hahaa.
Also, throw on the full version of Her Schlag if you have it. Xaul Zan has to be repped or he'll pull his mullet out.
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:46 pm
Madrox

hmmm....from a British point of view (baring in mind how hard it is to get ANY good shit over here).....i would suggest making 'waiting tables' and 'waging war' a double disk release...

However if not...and you do condense it...stick gun godz on and maybe re-record eye of the tiger cuz i've only ever heard it in bad quality....unless thats just the shitty downloads of it i've had....

if i had my way i'd say keep em all comin cuz the back catalogue will take off bg style the more ish you do.....and you might regret simply dismissing it for the individual stages of your progression through hip-hop that it is.

Good luck with the decision.
Peace
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesse

Sageski,

I hope that if you're doing this, you'll get the final result professionally mastered once and for all? In that case, you won't have to worry as much about some of the mixes you may not be happy with - you can chill with the engineer and he'll fix them for you (if he can, which is not unlikely).

I can't imagine that you could really satisfy everyone without compiling absolutely every studio track from the three comps, and that will require a double CD. You know you have collectors who will make that worthwhile... BUT! If you want to compile a streamlined intro to the early years, then you'll have to keep it single disc and actually pretty short and sweet or it won't really serve that function.

I hate saying that, because personally I'd rather buy the two disc set with the full collection of material and I'd hate to influence you away from that path, but if you want it to work for you, you should probably keep it to ten songs.

Incidentally, the Introduction To Buck65 CD compiiled from his reissues has only six songs on it (and two of them are The Centaur).

I'd love to see the chaff excised from your wheat crop and have those studio tracks placed in a context fairer to them, but where I want all of them remastered to keep forever... I get the feeling you're not looking to craft a collectors' item?
Post Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:10 pm
mack-mode

a live cd or dvd would be dope.

a freestyle cd would be cool too, for those of us who are aspiring to learn what it takes to be a good freestyler. I listen to the apathy and sage one all the time.

and this cd is a good idea too.

i would like to hear the "whore monger singalong" redun, it's a really good song, but i don't like the quality.

mourning aftermath over come come now.

and add inner conflict to that list.

thanks
Post Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:42 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4