Search
Register
Sage in NEW ORLEANS - 04/26/08
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

tom inhaler
me too!

Sage in NEW ORLEANS - 04/26/08  Reply with quote  

Saturday April 26th
the Dragon's Den
435 Esplanade, New Orleans, LA
doors @ 10pm, 18 plus
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:15 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Did anyone on this forum check this show out?

Here's a picture of it:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=1391774&albumID=805773&imageID=28069863

I stepped into something I did not expect at all. A place that holds maybe 150 people (and that's probably pushing it.) No stage. The mic was a very damaged Fisher Price type thing. I had to do my own sound (the dusty old mixer sat to my left.) People paid $20 to get in and there were NO openers. So...with people paying such a hefty price I felt obligated to put on a longer performance than usual. ha. All said and done, people seemed to be excited about it the show and how intimate it was. I don't think there will be a repeat peformance though. It was great as a one time thing and if you missed it...well...sorry. It was fun and tough as hell for me.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:39 pm
AdamBomb

Man...I'm so bummed. Somehow I missed you were even performing over here. Glad it went well....but, damn. I got to stay on top of this shit.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 pm
badjerk

wow, i was there a couple months ago, and I can't believe you performed there. 150 people would have that place seriously swelled.

I cant view the picture (embed it please?), but were you performing inside that little pit thing in the middle? When i was there it was some crazy tripped out experimental-type two man band that were sitting on the ground while they played acoustic guitar, harmonica, and some hand drums or something. It was really shitty, and everybody was dead silent and watching, like i missed the part where they handed out the scooby snacks. I would have loved to see some ragin' sage in there bringin the house down - would have gladly paid 20 bucks.

That was a cool neighborhood - so much amazing live music around there up on Frenchman. Definitely goin back to NOLA at some point...
Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:27 pm
Corey_AM

Dearest Sage,
Come to Toledo. Please. There are colleges and other whatnots up the whazoo. I know it isn't the coolest place but I love it and I know people here that love you. I'll settle for Detroit, or maybe even Columbus. I don't know how the details work or anything else for that matter. Thank you either way.

P.S. Talk to your friends Grand Buffet. They come to Frankie's often and it is great fun.
Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:34 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: