Search
Register
When Clinton bombed Iraq for the same reason,where were you?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Nope

you don't realize that you're talking to people that now know what being planed is like...so some of them might care a little more than they did in the past
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:10 pm
futuristxen

merlot brougham wrote:
I am not talking directly to you people when I say "where were you?" In general, the backlash was no where near the reaction I am seeing today.

Do you really not understand the diffrences between the two operations?

Their are several reasons why this conflict is getting more reaction. Not the least of which is the inability of our president to articulate our position to the rest of the world that doesn't piss everyone off.

But also fundementally, we are comparing a war that has at it's purpose the toppling of the goverment of another country who has not attacked us to an operation in 98 that was a week long and aimed at hitting solely military targets that hampered the abilities of the inspection.

Also the Clinton strike came on the heels of Sadaam kicking the inspectors out of the country. whereas in this situation there hasn't been any evidence to suggest that disarmement couldn't have been accoplished through the UN inspections, which despite being undermined by the United States forging information were going forward.

Now I listen to the president, he barely even mentions disarmement as the key issue. From the begining this has been about regime change. Which has yet to work in the history of United States imperialism. We suck at constructing other countries goverments, which is what we're going to have to do if we go forward with this highly dubious manuever.
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:45 pm
hugh grants hooker

we're just firing an employee.

that is all.
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:47 pm

BlueSuedeShants

I think the backlash is bigger this time because people are still hung up on the Bin Laden issue...alot of people are concerned about how G.W. has dealt with that whole situation and they are thinking that we left that situation too quickly and just started concentrating on Iraq out of the blue.

The thing is Iraq isn't out of the blue...when Desert Fox ended, alot of heads (Grumsfeld, Wolfowitz) thought that the opportunity to attack Iraq was gone...but when Sept 11th occurred, they knew that they had another chance...it was just a matter of time. Neoconservatives couldn't have asked for a better situation

President thats looking to step out of his father's shadow + American tragedy = New opportunity to attack Iraq

"Its simple mathematics"....Mos Def
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:06 pm
SergOne

and with the economy in the shitter the general public doesn't give a fuck about what goes down on the other side of the world, they want jobs, so people are pissed about that
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
califunky

who can help me?  Reply with quote  

i was wondering what a good site was for finding the details on the number of UN resolutions which countries ignore. cause i have never heard that 77 figure before, i have always seen like 12 or 14, on the other hand i have seen stats that Israel has ignored like 64 resolution, where can i get these stats?

c
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:22 pm
hugh grants hooker

try here:

http://www.un.org/documents/
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2