Search
Register
juggaknots use your confusion
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

juggaknots use your confusion  Reply with quote  

very dope

underated

and kickass album cover

like that yall

open the third eye
dont sleep
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 am
DM

I don't think people are sleeping, unless you mean the masses, in which case they sleep on a lot of shit.

But I think any hip-hop head will tell you their other album is the shit. "Romper Room" and of course, 'Clear Blue Skies" rule.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:57 am
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

Use Your Confusion is still available at www.SFRstore.com and it comes with a bonus rap mix

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=113
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:10 am
Reggie

Honestly, this was a much better album, in a literal sense, than the Clear Blue Skies lp. That was just a collection of recorded songs, while Use Your Confusion is a more cohesive album. Herrawin (Breezly's sister) is MUCH better than when she first started rapping--I dare say she is quite good now. I haven't pulled this lp out in a while, but when I dropped I played it every day for weeks. I recommend it heartily.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Reggie wrote:
Honestly, this was a much better album, in a literal sense, than the Clear Blue Skies lp. That was just a collection of recorded songs, while Use Your Confusion is a more cohesive album. Herrawin (Breezly's sister) is MUCH better than when she first started rapping--I dare say she is quite good now. I haven't pulled this lp out in a while, but when I dropped I played it every day for weeks. I recommend it heartily.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Still, though, does anyone else think that Herrawin is kinda sorta biting her brother's style on this one? She sounded a lot less like him on Clear Blue Skies if not as good.

Last edited by icarus502 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:37 am
futuristxen

can you bite your brother's style? I mean...why isn't that allowed?
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:36 am
Reggie

icarus502 wrote:
Agreed wholeheartedly. Still, though, does anyone else think that Herrawin is kinda sorta biting her brother's style on this one? She sounded a lot less like him on Clear Blue Skies if not as good.

I'll agree with that, but it was for the better. Made for a more coherent album experience.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

futuristxen wrote:
can you bite your brother's style? I mean...why isn't that allowed?

Like Reggie said, it was for the better. If there were no Breezly, and I just heard Herrawin, I'd be like "oh shit, she has a great flow." But, since Breezly been one of my favorites for a long time, I hear her and I'm like "oh shit, she sounds like Breezly Brewin."
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:10 pm
tommi teardrop

This was one of my most highly anticipated albums. I've tried, but I just can't really get down with it. I guess it's the beats more than anything. Also, just not really feeling Herrawin as much on this one.

In my hip-hop dreamworld, Breezly Brewin has a classic album with Pete Rock, Premier, Large Professor, Prince Paul, and El-P beats. Seems like Def Jux could break the bank and make this happen for the greater good.

If this never happens, I will be supremely disapointed.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 pm
Jesse

icarus502 wrote:
Still, though, does anyone else think that Herrawin is kinda sorta biting her brother's style on this one? She sounded a lot less like him on Clear Blue Skies if not as good.
Hera didn't appear on the Juggaknots EP known as Clear Blue Skies. As far as I recall she was first heard on the Indelible MCs track Weight (I'm sure she had other local shit before that, but anyway it came out after CBS) and was first referred to as a member of the Juggaknots when she and Brewin appeared on that Mr Len 12" that used the same loop as that Sebutones joint.

She definitely has developed into a style that complements Brewin's perfectly... they're like Jack and Meg White meets Dre and Skoob. I used to think she was scattershot and dull, now she kills it. Use Your Confusion is a masterpiece... but I still think the original EP was more slamming.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:09 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Jesse wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
Still, though, does anyone else think that Herrawin is kinda sorta biting her brother's style on this one? She sounded a lot less like him on Clear Blue Skies if not as good.
Hera didn't appear on the Juggaknots EP known as Clear Blue Skies.

You're right. I should have just said "their older stuff."
Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:59 am
My Friend Shalem

Use your illusion is an okay album with great rapping from Breezly. I don't like most of the production on the album and Herrawin is not that great. She is a good rapper but when she is on songs with Breezly I find myself just waiting for her verse to be over to hear what Breeze is going to do with his. He is so powerful that it's hard to hear other people on his tracks, the other rapper has to really kill it and Herrawin doesn't.

I like that song that uses the same sample as Brother Ali's Original King a lot.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 am
AdamBomb

My Friend Shalem wrote:
I don't like most of the production on the album

This is my main beef as well. It sounded like they tried to hard to make some mainstream crossover beats, but they just came off mediocre at best.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Jump to: