Search
Register
an MC argues with me about our responsibility as artists...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

hugh grants hooker

it seems easy.

however, most people, who tend to be wherever i go, seem to have amazingly small penises and are not capable of accepting my views.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:33 am

killedbysharks

???for randomsurge  Reply with quote  

"Change occurs when people stand up for what they believe in and promote it like a "fucking campaign."" ---sxe emcee

he is talking about the cause, he is trying to get sage to join in on the crusade. that is what this whole argument witht them was about. he claims to be standing up for what he believes, and i simply stated that it didnt seem like he was giving 100% to HIS cause. i think we agree with eachother, just some confusion over the dialog. if you are saying that you dont agree with the whole giving yourself to the cause thing, i agree with that. i havnt done anything to help society, i got to fix me first, and so far the most important thing to me at the moment is my next paycheck.

so peace to you and i hope i cleared it up a bit, if not, ill just give up.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:53 am
esulker

ok, i don't use drugs or alcohol and i am also a vegan. i have been offered drugs countless times and people try to give me non-vegan food on a daily basis. i have noticed when i simply say "no thanks." the conversation does end there. it is difficult because i am so passionate about these issues. if someone offers me some meat or something and i say "i won't eat that i am a vegan."(and i am guilty of this) it makes them defensive. it's almost like saying "i am not like you. i believe what you are doing is wrong." it's the same with drug use.
plenty of people have ridiculed me for my sobriety and my diet. this hasn't been effective in convincing me to use drugs or start eating animals. therefore i don't think forcing my opinions on others will change them. i wish everyone was vegan and sober but i can't go around trying to change people.
someone once accused me of "listening to too much sage francis" when he found out i don't use drugs.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:54 am
SergOne

ok it doesn't help that I have been drinking tonight,....I didn't even read most of sage's post much less all the other ones....but the way I see it is fucking being a preacher....people who want to drinka re going to regardless of what a rapper says....I can understand being outspoken wehn a person has a problem but wanting to be jesus isn't cool, fuck this precacher status shit.....you can't be a dictator and an actavist.....speak your views and shit and maybe someone will listen and heed the path, but don't tell people how to run thier fucking lives because you have no idea what they have been through.....I hate jesus and all his fucking prayers
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:10 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ryan

well
where i'm from
in northern maine..

it seems like there is a drinking revolution going on.. from 13 year olds to ppl too old to walk..

when i'm hanging out with some ppl, and i'm offered a drink, it's not usually a problem.. but it gets very annoying when ppl make it a mission to get you drunk.. or to get you high.. i hate ppl who find fun in trying to get me fucked up..

this kid needs to concentrate on himself and his local community rather than trying to convince ppl they're making the wrong choice..

noone likes their mind being made up for them.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:30 am
Reggie

Re: an MC argues with me about our responsibility as artists  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
You are in no position to determine what "real hiphop" was meant to challenge.
Hiphop rocked house parties. Hiphop beat the shit out of bitches and hoes. Hiphop killed its own people. Hiphop even supported cocaine and crack use. Hiphop has been used to support and endorse many unfortunate things. And it was all "real."

This is some of the truest stuff in that response.

On a small scale, it's a matter of not mistaking the message for the messenger. On a larger scale, it's about differentiating your fingertips from the things they touch. This is a hard lesson to learn, even harder to learn when still living in the relative comfort of high school or college. But everyone learns it eventually.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:18 am
MessiahCarey

hugh grants hooker wrote:
junkies are bad people.

Is this any different than saying "straight-edgers are assholes"?

#1. Think
#2. Type

Peace,
Shane
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:25 am
hugh grants hooker

i posted that to make a point.

1. read.
2. reply.

on this board you cant say that shit and not get negative feedback.
however can dis ANY other group in any way you want.

i was just pointing out how many 'junkies' are on this forum and how they are much more defensive than any other group of people.

... and no, its no different from say that 'straight-edgers' are assholes.
however, i bet you could type that on this forum and not even get a reply.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:14 am

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

so yea........hgh i smoke pot and i drink once in a while.... am i a "junkie" .....i smoke pot because i CHOOSE to not because master p raps about it......sure its pretty much 'socially acceptable' but that makes no difference i make CHOICES to do the things i do and thats that...

yea so i got on th e 'defenisve' side but honestly how does me smoking pot effect the 'non smoker' when i usually keep it confiend to my house....

its not like id go to a sage show and spark up a blunt in the front row....or even in the venu....

and i rsepect people 100% more for being "straight edge" it has to be harder not to smoke\drink etc then it is to ...much respect
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:28 am
hugh grants hooker

you didnt read anything did you?

nobody was insulting "users" (like that better?) for using.
i was insulting users for their disrespect toward non-users.

... and if you really want an answer then yes.

in my area, anyone who doesnt 'use' is a 'goody-two-shoes' or 'holier-than-thou' or some other offensive shit.
so in return all users ard openly called junkies. fair is fair.

...but yea, it still impresses me when people do this.
if you post, anti-gay, pro-war, or pro-religion or alot of other shit on this board the kids will eat you alive. "why are you gonna bring that shit to sage's forum, you know how he feels!!!".

but knowing his stance on this......umm... its still getting posted every week or so. and nobody says anything.

all or nothing guys.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:36 am

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hugh grants hooker
junkies are bad people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can be takin kind of offensive bro<as much as possiable on a msg board>

Quote:

in my area, anyone who doesnt 'use' is a 'goody-two-shoes' or 'holier-than-thou' or some other offensive shit.
so in return all users ard openly called junkies. fair is fair.

well i guess the people in your area suck...sounds like you need to move

i thought a "junkie" was someone who 'devotes' ther elife to drugs...cant function snorts coke every day.....sticks needles in there arms etc etc...
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:42 am
hugh grants hooker

thats the standard definition of junkie, but this is a living language.
haha

i use it to describe someone who cant go without alcohol, cigarrettes or anything else for a week without getting angry.
to me that is a junkie.

and if you want to know why i said "junkies are bad people". just scroll up 2 posts. christ.

nobody ever reads, they are just dying to respond.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:47 am

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

ok sorry i did just skim over that post...my "user" self feels strongly about this and im sick of the generalazations that come with being a 'pothead' and being called a 'druggy no good looser' by people that dont smoke
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:51 am

Hmmmmm.....this post sparked many different paths of thinking. It brought me to question some of my own beliefs. I am 100% pro-choice. I smoke pot, I drink, I have pre-marital sex however these are not my passions. Yet I still find myself telling youths to stay away from shit like that--does this make me a hipocrit? Yes, I suppose. This stance often brings misunderstanding. Im not against drug use, sex, ect. I am against what these things can bring with them. Addiction, crime, babies.....(babies are not bad by the way) What it comes down to is respect and resposiblity. Any good person can smoke a joint or poke a hooker and still be a good person. But there is a threshold--which i myself have encountered--when these things supercede things of true importance. When they get in the way of one's passions, life, family. This is when I am against it. For example, I happen to know a few hard core meth addicts. One of them (lets call him brandon) lives on the streets has everything he owns in his back pack and never will offer to share or even speak of it for that matter. In doing this he keeps it entirely to himself. The other one (we'll call him ben) lives at home, has a family a house, a job....things of vast importance. Both are dropping pebbles into the pond of life. Brandon is the only person swayed in his pond. But in the other, Ben, Bens family, And Bens belongings seem to get caught up in the ripples. I do not worry about Brandon, or even Ben, they have made their choice. But what about Bens children and wife, his house, money, and car. This things never once chose, asked, agreed to put the glass dick up to their mouth and suck. So why must their lives drown with his? Bottom line--do what ever the hell you want, put a needle in your arm, have some dangerous sex, smoke some bud, or talk shit about it all. Just have respect for it and a sense of reponsiblity. And if for some reason this does supercede your passions, just tell everybody to get the fuck out of the water.

P.S.-dont dis my beliefs--which will undoubtley change many times throughout my life. I am still young and figuring things out for myself. This is just how I feel. Anybody can dissagree with it or agree with it but dont knock it. I would prefer constructive criticism. Thoughts, things I may have forgot but please omit mindless rambling that does not contain reason or logic. Peace.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:49 pm
procstylee

I am the artist that sage disagrees with.

I am sure that we all feel that there are certain institutions in society that we wish were different. Some of us feel that even though we acknowledge these problems, these institutions are too deeply-rooted to overcome, so we shouldn't waste our time or energy trying to tilt the balance. I feel differently.

http://www.procstylee.com

http://www.hammered.org
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:07 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next