Search
Register
continuation of the discontinuation of the "Sick"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

continuation of the discontinuation of the "Sick"  Reply with quote  

to update anyone who missed out on the last post, I am discontinuing the "Sick of" cd series. What I want to do is just condense all the best material onto one cd. It will be something like
"The Best of the Unreleased 1996-2003"

I don't want freestyles or spoken word on it. things like that can be on a cd of their own in the future. Like...if I do a Freestyle cd or a spoken word cd.

Keep in mind that you guys are basically helping me determine what the fans of the future will be exposed to.

here's what I am looking at right now:

Time of My Life

Majority Rule

All Word, No Play (I would like a remix of this song if possible. I need something to spruce it up because I really hate how it was recorded.)

Whoremonger Sing-Along (this needs to be remixed or something. Maybe I can get a live recording of it.)

Come Come Now (or Mourning Aftermath)

Testimony (something about this song annoys me. I thought the chorus was clever when we first did it. Now when I listen to it...the whole song sounds like a school project or something. I think I am going to rerecord it with a live band. I have a second verse for it.)

Day Grows Old (people never really mention this song. I liked my verse a lot when I wrote it...but it didn't record so well. I think Slug;s verse is great on this.)

Rewrite (I think I will get a live recording of it using the "50 Ways" music)

When Freedom Rings with Sole and Sixtoo's verses

Come Follow Me with Buck's verse (I don't like how this was mixed, but I will probably use this)

I Apologize

Oliver Twisted

Makeshift Patriot

Narcissist-2002 version

I Keep Calling (I would like to mix this song down again)

Try Your Best Remix (The full version of the Swedish Fish shit. I think Leo's verse is dope.)

Embarrased

Cafe girl (I am open to a remix of this verse...but I think I like it just with bassline and drums.)

"im gonna getcha"

mermaids are sea sluts

Hang Time

Andy Kaufman

Intuition

vital signs

Eye of the Tiger

Strange Famous Spoken word (this is the only spoken word I would use on the "Best of" cd because it is short and has an ill piano behind it.)

Last edited by Sage Francis on Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:29 am
Sarcastro

just my own personal opinion, I believe you should continue to produce and sell "Sick of Wagin War" and condence the other 2 and some other stuff you have into a new album, because "Sick of Waging War" has almost no bad songs in it, and the only songs I skip are ones I have heard waaaaay too much.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:33 am
Nope

Re: continuation of the discontinuation of the "Sick of  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:

Strange Famous Spoken word (this is the only spoken word I would use on the "Best of" cd because it is short and has an ill piano behind it.)

YES
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:36 am
barlow

Quote:

Nah, use the "proper" one.

The "50 ways" version doesn't have half the venom that makes the song in the first place.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:40 am
KLB

good choices...  Reply with quote  

good choices but...what about Drop Bass..anyways I also think the idea of an all freestyle cd and spoken word cd would all be very cool...take care KLB

I was also wondering about the Orphanage album, if it may be coming out anytime in the near future??
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:57 am
mr self distrukt

next to bounce, andy kaufman is a jawn i've never gotten enough of... "white doves battle black crows in one of the back rows." i mean shit. the whole concept is dope.

is this what we're lookin for, individual tracks recommended for the best of?

also "embarassed"... just for the synergy between you, slug, and eyedea's production... killa.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:04 am
insprdbysk8n

Re: good choices...  Reply with quote  

KLB wrote:
I was also wondering about the Orphanage album, if it may be coming out anytime in the near future??

maybe you should ask people in the group cuz sage aint one of them. i know the answer too but im in a dick mood, sorry.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:05 am
esulker

i don't have sick of witing tables and i would really like to have a copy of it. is this now impossible?
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:09 am
Jesus Frank

Re: continuation of the discontinuation of the "Sick of  Reply with quote  

I agree with a lot of those songs. And the updates of formerly uncomplete songs will make it worth purchasing for owners of the other cd's too. Very good.

I think Mourning Aftermath sounds better, but maybe you should go with Come Come Now since more people have Sick of Waging War than Still Sick. At least they should soon.

And I would leave Café Girl as it is. But if you can have a dope remix of it for us, then PLEASE go ahead.

And you should throw KFC in there just for the hell of it. Haha.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:13 am
Micranot

dont forget  Reply with quote  

full length emps last clothing! =]
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:08 am
static

No underground kid?
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:21 am

maxamillion

What about a possible live album, any word on that??????
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:23 am
Abinatra

Re: continuation of the discontinuation of the "Sick&qu  Reply with quote  

Time of My Life

Majority Rule

All Word, No Play (I would like a remix of this song if possible. I need something to spruce it up because I really hate how it was recorded.)

Come Come Now

Testimony (something about this song annoys me. I thought the chorus was clever when we first did it. Now when I listen to it...the whole song sounds like a school project or something. I think I am going to rerecord it with a live band. I have a second verse for it.)

Come Follow Me with Buck's verse (I don't like how this was mixed, but I will probably use this)

Oliver Twisted

Makeshift Patriot

Narcissist

I Keep Calling (I would like to mix this song down again)

Cafe girl (I am open to a remix of this verse...but I think I like it just with bassline and drums.)

"im gonna getcha"

mermaids are sea sluts

Andy Kaufman

vital signs

If these are the only tracks you are considering...
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:35 am
Reggie

I'd throw "Bounce" in there but I wouldn't call that mandatory. What's wrong with the original "All Word, No Play" recording? Sounds fine to me.

You have to preserve something from the Underground Kid...that is some classic rap music right there.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:10 am
Reggie

To elaborate, by not preserving something from the Underground Kid, you are admitting defeat. That's okay, though.
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:11 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next