Search
Register
Slaine's Music and Addiction
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Slaine's Music and Addiction  Reply with quote  

Anyone here listen to any of Slaine's material?

I know in Sage's music he addresses how addiction can affect people. Slaine's music is from the addicts perspective but it's wack.

Any thoughts?
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:10 am
al(phonic)

my friend kept trying to get me to check his music out to see if I thought it was wack. Turns out I did.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 am
Hellen Earth

i don't really love his music all that much. i just think it provides a new point of view .
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:59 am
ChrisUno EndCrews

What point of view?
Roslindale and South Boston Irish cats point of view?
White people who admit to doing cocaine on rap records?
This is really the 1st white guy to rep BCC as an actual rapper and not label owner?

Eminem to the 10th power.
"White Man Is The Devil"?
Playing into perceived stereotypes as a white MC has been perfected and palatably presented by Marshal Mathers, in a music industry way of presentation to the massess....
This muhfucka is on some no holds barred stereotypical presentation of white America (involved in rap in the now).....

IF? I were white, I'd whole heartedly deny this cats existance, nevermind a white "rapper" presenting hisself as a custy that has things under control enough to present hisself as a mess....

But fear not people, there's some kind of character/role actor in there somewhere as Slaine has repped hisself on the big screen along w/ Kasey Affleck and the likes of the in crowd South Boston version....

In my mind, cats that overplay a role for entertainment purposes is usually called a sell out, no?

I've talked to Slaine plenty, smoked trees w/ him, etc....
Overall, he's not what he appears to be on record.
This is what they call "show business" yall.
It's fuckin' sickening too.

Maybe it's not my place to have an opinion on this topic, being I'm not white and IF? white hip hoppers are not at all offended and actually feel he reps, then what will the "next" white rap generation bring to the table? That sh!t scares me.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hellen Earth

Huh?

who is talking about "repping" whites?? someone sounds sour about this guy...jeez.

i just think he comes across as a genuinely depraved coke head. i think it provides an interesting point of view. i mean...it's almost ridiculous how much every song is about doing coke.

out of curiousity - when you guys were smoking trees, what did he do or say that made you think he is creating a character for his songs?
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 am
ChrisUno EndCrews

I'm not Mr. Salty at all. You can kill that right here.

I just find it disgusting that in a now white dominated rap world, glorifying cocaine is considered acceptable. You don't see my point?

I'm talking Portuguese over here or something?

There has never been a tolerance and/or a need for cocaine glorification in an artform born outta the social struggles of the Black commUNITY.

I find it utterly appauling that anyone would advance in self deprivating material nevermind incriminating material showcasing hard drug use....

When dealing w/ Slaine the few times I have, he has star head tendancy in not fessing up to normal human interaction and playing the role of broke rap hungry dude....But what do I know, I only dealt with a couple times. What I was getting at is he seems cool and very "normal" as opposed to this character named Slaine who boasts of hard drug use yet ends up in Affleck movies.....
Just seems like a contrived personality that gets flicked on and off to me.

BTW, I think his music is horrible to say the least.....He's lucky he got drafted by Ed O and Jaysaun so he could get some actual Hip Hop shines.....

But Boot Camp endorsing this type of stuff is kinda funny to me. Actually, it's not funny, aside from the acquisition of said person, their line up is stellar. Where does he fit? Oh, into the we got Ed OG and Jaysaun cause we wanted to sign "A" Boston act category. Gotcha.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:58 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
erich

nevermind.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:14 am
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

I heard a song of his where he takes on a fake chinese accent in the chorus when he is ordering chinese food then runs in the allley an takes a piss or something. Awful.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

that's southie for ya
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:56 pm
MessiahCarey

I don't think Slaine's very good.

That's really all I have to add. I don't think big upping the regular use of coke is a good thing to do. I'm not gonna hate an artist just for mentioning it at all...but I listened to some of his songs as a result of this thread and now I want my time back.
Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:44 am
Dyss

Took some time off from my incredible unhectic schedule (broke my hand and cant work for three months,) and listened to some stuff from this guy. I have a hard time seeing what people really like about him. Even if you look pass the coke thing he is dull. From the songs I heard hes deliverance is almost law-breaking monotonic and the production doesnt help either. Nah, this will not hit BIG I think, or correct me, I hope.
Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:55 am
N8Ball

"Everybody want a little KFC" is better than this shit
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

this guy is a straight up embarrassment. And it's not a shtick that can go anywhere that hasn't been done better by many other people.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:56 pm
mizterie

Yawnzers.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:05 pm
Oh Daesu

ChrisUno EndCrews wrote:
I'm not Mr. Salty at all. You can kill that right here.

I just find it disgusting that in a now white dominated rap world, glorifying cocaine is considered acceptable. You don't see my point?

I'm talking Portuguese over here or something?

There has never been a tolerance and/or a need for cocaine glorification in an artform born outta the social struggles of the Black commUNITY.

I find it utterly appauling that anyone would advance in self deprivating material nevermind incriminating material showcasing hard drug use....

When dealing w/ Slaine the few times I have, he has star head tendancy in not fessing up to normal human interaction and playing the role of broke rap hungry dude....But what do I know, I only dealt with a couple times. What I was getting at is he seems cool and very "normal" as opposed to this character named Slaine who boasts of hard drug use yet ends up in Affleck movies.....
Just seems like a contrived personality that gets flicked on and off to me.

BTW, I think his music is horrible to say the least.....He's lucky he got drafted by Ed O and Jaysaun so he could get some actual Hip Hop shines.....

But Boot Camp endorsing this type of stuff is kinda funny to me. Actually, it's not funny, aside from the acquisition of said person, their line up is stellar. Where does he fit? Oh, into the we got Ed OG and Jaysaun cause we wanted to sign "A" Boston act category. Gotcha.

What does "deprivating" mean? How does one self-deprivate? Sound dirty.
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next