Search
Register
IM #8 Let the DJ auditions begin!!! 7/19/02
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

IM #8 Let the DJ auditions begin!!! 7/19/02  Reply with quote  

Beatjunkie401: whatsup i herd you was looking for a dj ?

SAGEkillz: from who

Beatjunkie401: my boy paul

SAGEkillz: i don't want a dj i don't know

Beatjunkie401: he said he was gonna send you a tape

SAGEkillz: i don't care about tapes. DJing goes way beyond technical skills
SAGEkillz: thanks though

Beatjunkie401: oh i herd that shaleem wasnt djing for you

SAGEkillz: you "herd"? no kidding
SAGEkillz: who the hell didn't know that. we just threw our last show together

Beatjunkie401: oh im not just a technical dj man i know all aspects about that .. and i wouldnt im you if i knew you was gonna be a fukin smart ass

SAGEkillz: you shouldn't IM me at all anyway
SAGEkillz: I don't know you. and you obviously don't know enough about me. good day

Beatjunkie401: i was just trying to give you props cause i love your shit

SAGEkillz: thanks. there's better ways to do that. One of them would be going to the show

Beatjunkie401: i would love to but i dont have a car i cant get there . i would love to go to one

SAGEkillz: well....there's a huge strike against you being a dependable DJ

Beatjunkie401: true
Beatjunkie401: but if you herd me youd think diff..

SAGEkillz: no I wouldn't, friend.
SAGEkillz: I happen to be friends with some great djs
SAGEkillz: I highly doubt anything you bring to the technical table is enough to turn my head
SAGEkillz: it's nice to have confidence though

Beatjunkie401: yeah i know that my friend .. but cause you havent herd me dont talk shit like you have man.. i been doing this since i was so little .. man ..

SAGEkillz: so what? why should that matter
SAGEkillz: SO WHAT??? hahaha. really
SAGEkillz: why are you wasting my time
SAGEkillz: if you have something to prove, go prove it
SAGEkillz: you obviously don't have what it takes to be a productive member of my team

Beatjunkie401: ahhh man i forget it i was trying to get my name out man ,,, i been doing this shit for a long time .. im not trying to prove nothing to you .. cause frankly i dont know u i like your music .. but i herd about the dj shit so i imed you man i was just trying to see the deal thats all

SAGEkillz: understood. good luck in making a name for yourself. A little more research and experience needs to go into your package as a DJ. Take care, man.

Beatjunkie401: what research you talked to me for 5 minnutes .,,
Beatjunkie401: im not a fucking herb

SAGEkillz: that's enough for me to know. seriously. it's not a "herb" thing. Good day. peace

Beatjunkie401: ok im gonna go burn all ur singles now ...bigheaf
Beatjunkie401: d

Last edited by Sage Francis on Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:27 pm
futuristxen

I think I would be let down as a fan of the music if this was actually how you picked a dj. Some guy you don't know Im's you, and you being like "yeah, let's do this shit, oh you don't have a car, that's okay I'll come pick you up and we'll hit the fucking road. Oh you don't have any equipment, either? Okay no problem you can borrow mine."
I mean really, its like this guy has no respect for you as a professional, that he can just IM you and be your dj and replace someone like Shalem..that's a shitty proposition.
anyhow it's interesting stuff.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I have a lot of filters. If I notice someone lacks some NECESSARY social and business filters, they automatically get placed in the waste basket.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:45 pm
Emphasis

im drunk but i fully understood this and for once im happy with the way sage handled it... like usually he acts like an asshole makes fun, puts it on here, and i laugh but this time i just quietly contentfully enjoyed it, in my corner of the room...

pz.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MAGIstraight

I hate asses like you. yea ^ you above who feel the need to say.

Hey im drunk....

do we need to know... quit trying to impress us for yuor drinking habits... go to hell you pickle.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:54 am
Dee

Yeah, you bigheaf.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:36 am
Olle

This message board is killing me! I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. What's up with the "go to hell you pickle" thing? ha ha

I do agree though that people that feel they have to let other people know that they have been drinking are really sad..
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:37 am
MOS

im so drunk right now...oops i mean im not
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:52 am
direkt truth

wow, this was done on my birthday

i feel special
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:44 pm
Wordsense

every convo i read of these kids tryin to bother Sage are hilarious...a different humorous manner to each one, but funny none the less.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:04 am
MsOne007

Location: Atlanta Ga Baby.... dirty dirty philtyh nasty south

Yo Sage.. I see your point, now try and feel mine.....
If everyone judged you upon what you wrote in some of ur IMs,
Not knowing who you are,
just the avg joe surfing the net, staying in touch with all the other online geeks........No shows to be seen at, no l.p.s to be heard by, no status, no limelight, no preconcieved respected image of a lyrical genius....
They probably wouldnt even go as far as you did responding to that guy.
I do believe that your probably right about your judgement of character here..... Yet if everyone chose close their minds & stand so opinionated, who knows.................we might have never been able to be lucky enough to get skooled on your science..the world would be one less..... lyrical poet, & were struggling as is.
Yeah buddy might be a real a##hole, a waste of listening time, then again so could you.
Anyways .......I just think a computer is far to impersonal to make such rash and concrete decisions about ones true character
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:42 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

people should take that into consideration and not judge me in return.

ya?

I don't give a shit about any of this.
Post Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:44 pm
MsOne007

Location: Atlanta Ga Baby.... dirty dirty philtyh nasty south

I dont give two horses s##t about it either, I think i felt bad for that guy
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:27 am
Cire

i don't know about you. but i would higher a dj over the internet too... NO!
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:36 am
WantedSpice

Another demanding fan  Reply with quote  

Why do you feel sorry for this guy getting the Sage Francis IM smackdown, so well deserved?.........Sage has the vision that you lack cuz you get so confused...........

Can't you see how whack this guy is? He's scary as can be........Evil psycho flippin' out as soon as he doesn't get his fan gratification? Didn't you notice that? Right from the get he was scary whack..........

It's so weird how many of these so-called fans get wicked mad when their fantasy wishes about Sage's response aren't fulfilled...........They get all evil and full of revenge, talking about never playing his shit again and what have you..........It's ugly as the face of sin itself, twisting back on themselves like that...........Hideous scary.........Make a person not want to stand up in front of a crowd of strangers from time to time, I would suspect..........

This IM guy is so completely rude and out of place in his whole lingo........Where would that ever fly?

It's disconcerting as hell that you don't realize that the guy is coming way out of pocket at Sage here........I very much don't get that..........This guy's making a totally inappropriate approach, especially about what would be a delicate business matter between two parties, in any world........He is a stupido............And he's being scary psycho about it...........

And Sage rocked his pathetic little world for a moment..........And then went on to more important things.........

Respect.
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:29 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next