Search
Register
im pro war
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

bobbythebear

one question I have that I have yet to hear an answer to . . . supposing we do go to war, how can we garuntee that we will nail Saddam? We've been boming on and off for ten years, that certainly will not bring the intended results. if we send troops in, amidst all the chaos that comes with assaulting a city, how the fuck do we get our hands on Saddam? thats the goal of this whole war, right? we're not looking to damage his nuclear infrastructure or kill more innocents, we supposedly just want Saddam. no one who supports going to war has addressed this concern, and it could be the deciding issue, because it determines how many innocent peop;le must die in relation to the Saddam issue.
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:51 pm
amano

sequence wrote:
Okay, you're retarded. Shut up. Do you watch TV? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound saying that the media is anti-war? Holy crap, kill yourself. Sure Iraq is a shitty place, and no one likes Saddam. There are lots of shitty places with shitty leaders that we don't give a fuck about. Pull your head out of your ass. Iraq can't attack us. They have no military worth mentioning. If violence comes to the US it isn't from them, it is from terrorist organizations who don't like Saddam either. Jesus Christ, I'm fed up with being polite and conscientious and intelligent. You're just too stupid to be aloud to talk. Now. SILENCE, if you have reasonable pro-war statements to make, please make them.

Bathtub? Is that you?
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:37 pm
Ma2LeY

my 2 cents  Reply with quote  

Quote:

The fact of the matter is, none of the current problems are to the level where force is the only answer. War should always be a last resort, not just a tool to make someone do what you want them to do. The best warrior is the one that knows how to avoid war. We have weak(wack) leadership that can't articulate it's position on a world or domestic stage and it's absolutely killing things right now.

Very well put.

I find it very interesting that a lot of you have posted your opinions, but have not proposed a possible solution? I think a lot of you are overlooking what is actually happening here. This situation has been going on for 11+ years, we are not concerned with Saddam using his weapons on U.S territory, but what about surrounding nations? What about stationed U.S troops? What about his own people?
Don't get me wrong, I am 100% against any kind of war. I hate the fact that innocent people could die from the result of this. I am not promoting war, I'm just a firm believer in something needing to be done. What? I dont know, I think its very hard to come up with a solution that does not involve violence, I truley hope someone can proove me wrong... The thing is, what is there left to do? The U.N has tried to step in, and obviously has done virtually nothing. (Don't even get me started on them). The fact of the matter is, Saddam has been talked to over and over and still shows little signs of his disarming. You say this situation is different than Hitler, but is it really? Should we really lay back and continue to say "Please Saddam, Please", he must be sitting back in his big chair thinking were are a bunch of idiots. We have done nothing but given him time to hide, prepare and scheme. I think this IS the last resort and if you disagree, please do not say "You fucking idiot, you have lost all rights of speaking", I would like to hear one of your solutions.
Now, on another note, I am just commenting on what I know. Assuming all this information put out is true. There is a good chance its not and I am completely wrong.
And remember, its very easy to say "Fuck Bush!", its a lot harder to say why
Peace.

Last edited by Ma2LeY on Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:47 pm
Ma2LeY

oh yeah  Reply with quote  

er 1 more thing

I dont understand why we are fighting 5 wars at once. If we must be against something, go one at a time.

Afghanistan
Iraq
Korea
Terrorism
Oh, and did i mention the WHOLE middle east
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:50 pm
natas sevol dog

well 2 of those arent technicaly wars, but toss drugs in there and you got 4 atleast.

oh and the answer to your question, cause its what jesus wants
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sequence

I think we would be considerably more justified in removing Saddam from power if we were consistent in our foreign policy with regards to human rights violations and our treatment of those who commit them, but we are far from it, and accordingly it prompts me to search for motivations as to why what is happening is happening aboe and beyond the alleged issue of danger to those around the dictator in question. I have no clear solution. I certainly don't think we have any business being arbiter of world-wide justice however.

Adam
Post Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:03 pm
Guffman

This is the most ignorant thread that i've read in a long time. The US is in no eminent danger at all. The US hype machine is creating hysteria and it's all bullshit.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:29 am
MermaidilleKC

I hate to see it when people are conditioned by the media to the point they make really stupid fucking comments.

War is not necessary by any means...

[PARAGRAPH ERASED]

YOu know what? I wrote a whole song about this you should check out. I dont wanna get into another rant that makes me suicidal due to how idiotic some of the prowar statements as of late are.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/maclethalmusic.htm

mac lethal - pass the ammo
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:59 am
Mysterious Dr.Q

Augggghhhhhh!!!!!!  Reply with quote  

My computer's so spaztic, it doesn't work half the time... i'm doing a test to see if this will post, so just ignore this.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:00 pm
MC Escher

Actually, if you go to the Middle East you will not automatically be killed, as Absurd would have you believe. A 2003 alum from my school (Oberlin College/Conservatory for Music) is a part of the Human Shields (an activist group that is in Iraq to stop the war [by having US citizens amongst possible casualties] --- Noam Chomsky openly supports them) and they have actually been received warmly by the Iraqi people from my understanding. http://www.humanshields.org

booooom shalaka laka

sooooo evil

(obviously this pictures proves nothing, but let's pretend it does) I love propaganda
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
adollshouse

I thought Kayla's posts were pretty good....asumming it was jokey-joke. America has always valued american lives 100 times to a foreigners one. When the news reports on mass violence in, say, Europe, it always goes something like: "24 people were killed in the blast, including the tragic loss of one american tourist". Otherwise, it really wouldn't be in the news. Also, whoever says that Bush is trying to defend the Kurds, or whoever in the Middle East is full of bullshit. After hearing all of Bush's public addresses, I think its mad clear that his number-one intention is to "protect the american people". As Kayla pointed with his sarcasm, we are not under any serious threat from saddam....though the possibility for attack is getting greater every time Bush fronts.

PEace to you
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:20 pm
FoJaR

truth is though, sadam needs to stop with the bad things. if he would stop killing and oppressing his people, i would have no problem leaving him alone. the hard part about staying out of war is that sadam might keep killing people (not neccesarily americans). i have seen some stats (dont know if they are right or not) that say that sadam is directly responsible for 1.2 million deaths. i know war might cause thousands of deaths, but the deaths that might occur may prevent numerous others. damn war be nasty. damn life be nasty. damn.

-FoJaR
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:37 pm
sequence

How many deaths has the US government been responsible for in the same period of time Saddam has been in power? I raise the same question I've brought up before, why him in particular? Why not get on Russia more for murdering the rebels in Chechnya who are fighting for a local democracy? They've killed all sorts of people. Where were we when the slaughters in East Timor were happening?

Adam
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:44 pm
imatopos

Sequence is always on point  Reply with quote  

Once again, Sequence is on point. The question that we must ask repeatedly is: why Saddam at THIS particular point in time?

Also, people have studiously avoided answering criticisms concerning the US and our allies (e.g., Israel) such as this one voiced by Edward Said:

"There are no antiwar voices to read or hear in any of the major medias of this country, no Arabs or Muslims (who have been consigned en masse to the ranks of the fanatics and terrorists of this world), no critics of Israel, not on Public Broadcasting, not in The New York Times, the New Yorker, US News and World Report, CNN and the rest. When these organizations mention Iraq's flouting of 17 UN resolutions as a pretext for war, the 64 resolutions flouted by Israel (with US support) are never mentioned. Nor is the enormous human suffering of the Iraqi people during the past 12 years mentioned. Whatever the dreaded Saddam has done Israel and Sharon have also done with American support, yet no one says anything about the latter while fulminating about the former. This makes a total mockery of taunts by Bush and others that the UN should abide by its own resolutions."
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:39 pm
kayla
cutie n3wb

I was just kidding.

I'm anti-war just like the Beastie Boys. Download their new song "In A World Gone Mad". They want you to hear it. http://www.beastieboys.com/

It's adorable, and I agree with them completely. But the song really sucks.
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next