Search
Register
"situation" review from normanrecords.com
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

hank

"situation" review from normanrecords.com  Reply with quote  

Quote:

Buck 65:'Situation' (Warners) Second sortie on a major label for one of the more appealing Anti-Con associated left field HipHop providers. Everyone I converse with regarding all things left of centre HipHop, tend to agree that although some of his recorded material is strong, it's his live shows that are way more entertaining. Despite his boho/Tom Waits fixations (which are fine by me) his delivery of tongue twisting rhymes and vocal acrobatics are a welcome break from the usual whining, nasaly delivery associated with many from this so-called alternative HipHop scene. Themed around aspects of counter cultural movements (the artwork is ace), the title no doubt refers to the Situationists and the year Teen rebellion was invented. There's no heavy tretise, just a list like reference to rebels, outlaws,habits,consumerism, the law etc backed by solid beats, some tight scratches and fills. As opposed to other Anti-Con accolytes the music refers more directly to HipHop in it's purest form, sans the bragging and boasting. If I had enough time to digest it, I'd probably enjoy it a lot more. In this instance, it's relatively entertaining although I'd prefer to hear a live rendition. As anyone who's had the opportunity will testify, live is where he really comes into his own. Recommended.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:42 pm
tom inhaler
me too!

cool! thanks for posting it
Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:49 pm
Jesse

Fourth major label sortie! Canada still counts!
Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Jump to: