Search
Register
Time To Perfect The Water Engine
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

SergOne

yeah the main problem with hydrogen is that its so fucking unstable, this is a reaction that takes massive amounts of heat to occur naturally....I don't see it being used in normal cars very soon.....I have a chemical engineering friend whos been doing research involving fuel cells at UT and texas A&M its a good idea also but the problem is making it affordable and compact enough to fit inside a car.....then you also have the option of turbines there is a guy who ran one in a motorcycle in lousinana shits pretty bad ass, the bike runs off the engine, no need for a tranny, I think Leno bought one....hydrogen will probably be the most viable, but hybrids are getting the push because they still use gas....shit depends on politics really....way I see it is that its either fuel cells or hydro, and now with bush backing hydro it seems as though thats the way its gonna be, but we'll see what happens in 5-10 years
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

it'll definitely be hydro, if the gov wants it or not.

people are already doing it. as soon as a friendly enough person gets it right and puts a "how to" guide on the net it'll start to spread.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:56 pm

He Hate Me

[quote="hugh grants hooker"]working on it? on what?

working on mass production and availability genius.
anyway, the whole unstable combustibility aspect is a bunch of scare tactic propaganda bullshit pushed by oil companies. the technology is here, they just don't wanna kill the golden goose.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:30 am
ImTheDevil

anyone who wants one can buy just about any car from ford with a flex fuel or a propane engine at no extra cost. the flex fuel engine runs on either gas or ethenol. ethenol is completely renewable as it is from corn oil. the other benifits are that they burn extremely clean and create very good power. the lack of power coming out of the hydrogen engines would surely slow the sales. people are used to their 300 horse gas hogs and would not want to make the swicth down to a equally expesive hydrogen engine. thats part of the reason we dont see them more often.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:54 am
Jesse

Hydrogen is some risky shit. Remember the Hindenburg.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:00 am
hugh grants hooker

compost wrote:

anyway, the whole unstable combustibility aspect is a bunch of scare tactic propaganda bullshit pushed by oil companies. the technology is here, they just don't wanna kill the golden goose.

a scare tactic? ha ha

my friend has already caused a small scale explosion with that shit.
hydrogen will kill your ass.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:09 am

He Hate Me

whatever  Reply with quote  

your boy's a clown. they already use hydrogen powered fuel cells to power buses in vancouver and chicago. GM's precept can do 0 to 60 in 9 seconds without blowing up like the hindenberg. the biggest obstacle is the high cost and the lack of readily available refueling.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:04 pm
He Hate Me

whatever  Reply with quote  

your boy's a clown. they already use hydrogen powered fuel cells to power buses in vancouver and chicago. GM's precept can do 0 to 60 in 9 seconds without blowing up like the hindenberg. the biggest obstacle is the high cost and the lack of readily available refueling.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:05 pm
hugh grants hooker

Re: whatever  Reply with quote  

compost wrote:

your the clown. no, your just the clown shoe.

we arent talking about fueling up with hydrogen.

we are talking about filling your tank with WATER and then it being converted strictly to hydrogen to fuel the car.

fuck nuts. everyone has hydrogen fuel cells, the just cant find anywhere to fuel up.

get a clue.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:30 pm

Bleys

hugh grants hooker wrote:
you didnt read hardly any of my post. i hate that.

i didnt say anything about GM would buy it or not. i told you a FACT. period.

a guy who has 'perfected' hydrogen power by seperating it from water. offered to sell his plans to GM. they turned it down for not being 'prudent' for them.

Uhhh, if he tried to SELL it to GM and they didn't buy it, then that means they wouldn't buy. You most absolutely said that.

ihaveagluegun wrote:
what'd you have a team of monkeys working over night to figure this one out?

And you... you can just eat my penis.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:39 pm
hugh grants hooker

Bleys wrote:
hugh grants hooker wrote:
you didnt read hardly any of my post. i hate that.

i didnt say anything about GM would buy it or not. i told you a FACT. period.

a guy who has 'perfected' hydrogen power by seperating it from water. offered to sell his plans to GM. they turned it down for not being 'prudent' for them.

Uhhh, if he tried to SELL it to GM and they didn't buy it, then that means they wouldn't buy. You most absolutely said that.

ihaveagluegun wrote:
what'd you have a team of monkeys working over night to figure this one out?

And you... you can just eat my penis.

what?
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:42 pm

He Hate Me

sorry for the confusion  Reply with quote  

when you responded to my posts i assumed you read them. i made references to fuel cells. but yeah, those are different subjects, that's my bad, and yeah, thanks for repeating there are refueling problems with fuel cells, that's what's up.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:44 pm
Bleys

A lot of currently available fuel cells have longevity problems as well... they die after about 80,000 miles.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:35 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2