Search
Register
IM #7 "I'm not even really a fan!" ...7/18/02
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

maxamillion

Why can't someone just like good music, why does everything have to be put into frames. Probably cause the majority of people are to stupid to keep sight of what's what and who's who. It really goes back to how people are and always have used symbols to look at the world and to put things into a place. But some people (See the media and other marketing people) Exploided this way of how the mind works to far!!!
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:44 am
Idiot Savant

I was under the impression that backpackers were people who wanted nothing to do with sex, money, greed, violence, fast cars and the such. From what I understand being a backpacker means trying to enlighten your mind. I have always considered myself a backpacker but of course it was with this diffintion.

And by the way I'd like to say something about the people who keep calling Sage an asshole and that he doesn't care about his fans. I happen to believe that Sage is very diticated to his fan base otherwise why have this forum. I must admit I have asked him to look at stuff I wrote but this was of course before I knew he didn't want people to do this. If I had known before hand that he didn't I never would have thought about sending him anything. I'm not riding his dick but I happen to believe we should show him some respect not just as an artist but as a person. You wouldn't want an insane amount of retards trying to push their shit on you 24 hours a day so why did we expect Sage too. I'm not sure why I didn't see this before hand but none the less I see it now.

Oh and Sage I have a question. Personal Journals seems a tad bit different than your other CDs. While I expect each CD to have its own certain quality to it, it just seemed to missing something. I noticed you didn't put as many live performances, freestyles and radio appreances as your others. Was this for a reason? I ask not out of anger or disgust but because I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.

I'm done wasting time now. Let's get on with the show!!!
Post Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:55 am
Black Jesus

Idiot Savant wrote:
I noticed you didn't put as many live performances, freestyles and radio appreances as your others.

The others were all 'Non-Albums'
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:34 pm
the evil twin

i'll smoke with some backpackers.....  Reply with quote  

hah ahhaha hahhahah aha ah ah ahhahhah ah ha ha h ah ah ahhahhh hhha hha hahahha hahhahhahahhahah ha ha ha h ahahhahahahahahahhahhahahh ha ha ha ha
in other words
LMFAO
fucking backpackers
i wish i were as cool
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:24 pm
the evil twin

i'll smoke with some backpackers.....  Reply with quote  

hah ahhaha hahhahah aha ah ah ahhahhah ah ha ha h ah ah ahhahhh hhha hha hahahha hahhahhahahhahah ha ha ha h ahahhahahahahahahhahhahahh ha ha ha ha
in other words
LMFAO
fucking backpackers
i wish i were as cool :roll:
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:14 pm
arlene DAMNIT

HAHAHAHAHA i sorta know this kid
i never met him but he posts on a worcester hiphop site
he lives down the street from me i think

hahahhahaaha i cant wait to share this with the world!!!!
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:24 am
asianprincess

i feel sorry for them  Reply with quote  

it's funny cuz i feel sorry for Sage for having to put up with a bunch of ignorant BS like that, but i feel even more pity for the bunch of dumba**es that have no life. is their penis size that small that they have to annoy others to make them feel big?
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:30 pm
stillred

2 definitions for a backpacker: online rapper
& a kid that's too insecure w/ middleclass whitehood to not give a shit of the implication of "backpacker" by association.

Hey, do you think if I visit this site bi-weekly Sage will let me lick his pubes?
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:01 am
Dionysus

I really DON'T give a shit.

I don't know the definition - never heard the word before this thread.

Guess I just haven't been fortunate enough to hang out with the truly hip folks - the ones that are cool enough to have special slang words to hate on other folks. I guess I've been naive enough to value the genre for the artistic integrity and personal enlightenment I've been able to find among it's artists.

I seem to have missed the super-mega-ultra-value-added feature of using my uber-hipness to compartmentalize hip-hop fans into a heirarchy of legitimacy and, naturally, to place myself among the upper levels of the fan base. I'll get right on that, folks!

See, I always assumed that it wasn't up to me to judge the motives or credibility of somebody unless it directly affected me. I just figured that everyone was going to get out of an experience what they decide to, and if they are superficially motivated, then they miss out, and I couldn't care less. But I sure am glad I'm set straight now.

</sarcasm> :roll:
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:42 pm
eyeveeSLC

XvScott wrote:
There is one thing that, by that definition, keeps me from being a backpacker. And that is that i got into hiphop involuntarily, i started to like underground shit i heard.... and i still hate most popular hiphop, and a lof ote records that guy listen.

a mormon missionary came to my house (he's on the board, the first person to identify him gets nothing) and my girl invited them in to smoke a bowl (oh shit). he came back later that night with a bag of records after his companion went to bed, we smoked a J, and after i heard the first record (cLOUDDEAD) i was hooked. so for the last 1.5 years of his mission we chilled.

how's that for accidental? heh
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:07 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2