Search
Register
Rock the Bells - NYC
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

eddiehaskill

Some pics from the show

You should have seen Sage rip 6 turntables and the laptop at once!

Slug

DOOM
Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:14 pm
m hanora
Holy Mary Mother of Pwn.

haahhaah franny i love that you wore that.
Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:38 pm
futuristxen

BKGSP wrote:
Im glad Eraku Badu and David Banner were no-shows....although I am not that familiar with their work, I dont think I could stand another 90-120 minutes of their sets

David Banner is insane. What are you talking about? You need to get familiar. Both Mississipi albums are fantastic. He's also got an amazing head on his shoulders. I love reading his interviews.
Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:31 pm
noise

my bf and i came down from vermont for the saturday show.. we got there just as gates opened and said hi to sage on the stage and talked for a sec as people were setting stuff up.

i was up front for sage and brother ali on saturday.. awesome experience of course

when that guy tried crowdsurfing during brother ali.. he propped himself up on my boyfriend's and some other guy's shoulders, yelling something about keeping him up there, obviously completely freaking wasted by his tone of voice and movement.. he gets passed over to me, then to some guys to the left of me, and then he falls to the ground. it becomes clear that he was injured. he was on the ground for a few seconds before i finally saw him rise his head and he had this hugeee purple mark running along the entire side of his nose, either he obviously broke it, or that is the most horrible-looking face bruise i have ever seen in my life.. security takes care of him for a sec but then literally a minute later he jumps directly in front of me from outta NOWHERE and starts REALLY dancing and bouncing and fistpumping and getting into the music, while the whole crowd feels really awkward for a few moments and looks at everyone else, but then they continue enjoying the show.. then another minute later and no more, he just leaves. it was weird. ali sees this but stays focused this whole time and continues his show uninterrupted. i saw everything this guy did. its not that the guys next to me dropped him hard, cus they didn't. he was too drunk to think to put his hands out and save his face and he just landed right on it, REALLY hard.

i waited in line at the tent on the left side for water during most of cypress' set, and it turned out when i got to the front that they didn't even have any more water there. lame waste of time. more lameness, i bought a rock the bells girlie tee and after i got back to my hotel i saw a hole in it.

cage was great. the first paid dues artist of the lineup that day to REALLY wow the crowd, i think.

there's a ton more things i can mention.. but i'll just say that overall my weekend was AWESOME, and it was totally worth going to.
Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:52 pm
albeeyap2

haha! wow! sage actually got down on the tables? who would ever thought he get on it especially when there's 6 of them!!?!
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:37 am
BKGSP

Who's that DJing for Sage?....looks like Shalem
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:54 am
AnteBa77

BKGSP wrote:
Who's that DJing for Sage?....looks like Shalem

Sage had DJ No spin zone going, the person in the background is Ant, setting up for Felt.

Last edited by AnteBa77 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:05 am
IAmNiki

noise wrote:
my bf and i came down from vermont for the saturday show.. we got there just as gates opened and said hi to sage on the stage and talked for a sec as people were setting stuff up.

i was up front for sage and brother ali on saturday.. awesome experience of course

when that guy tried crowdsurfing during brother ali.. he propped himself up on my boyfriend's and some other guy's shoulders, yelling something about keeping him up there, obviously completely freaking wasted by his tone of voice and movement.. he gets passed over to me, then to some guys to the left of me, and then he falls to the ground. it becomes clear that he was injured. he was on the ground for a few seconds before i finally saw him rise his head and he had this hugeee purple mark running along the entire side of his nose, either he obviously broke it, or that is the most horrible-looking face bruise i have ever seen in my life.. security takes care of him for a sec but then literally a minute later he jumps directly in front of me from outta NOWHERE and starts REALLY dancing and bouncing and fistpumping and getting into the music, while the whole crowd feels really awkward for a few moments and looks at everyone else, but then they continue enjoying the show.. then another minute later and no more, he just leaves. it was weird. ali sees this but stays focused this whole time and continues his show uninterrupted. i saw everything this guy did. its not that the guys next to me dropped him hard, cus they didn't. he was too drunk to think to put his hands out and save his face and he just landed right on it, REALLY hard.

i waited in line at the tent on the left side for water during most of cypress' set, and it turned out when i got to the front that they didn't even have any more water there. lame waste of time. more lameness, i bought a rock the bells girlie tee and after i got back to my hotel i saw a hole in it.

cage was great. the first paid dues artist of the lineup that day to REALLY wow the crowd, i think.

there's a ton more things i can mention.. but i'll just say that overall my weekend was AWESOME, and it was totally worth going to.

Were you in a white basketball tshirt?
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:06 am
noise

nope.. black t-shirt.
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:44 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5