Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Oh Daesu

I found it pretty fucking funny.

But I'm a hater.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:17 pm
Troxell

I am Wisdom wrote:
I used to be a juggalo.

In Violent J (one of the emcees)'s book, he talks about how one night he had kind of a breakdown. He cut off all his hair, and freaked out, and was basically just tripping balls, having a massive panic attack, not conscious to what was going on around him, etc. Just totally fucked up.

I'm pretty sure that this is the reason that the Carnival thing was revealed as being God, or even any other spiritual thing. He reached spiritual enlightenment through drugs and all that, and suddenly he became a religious man. I mean, the story is that it's always been that way and there are clues all throughout all the other albums, but to my knowledge their isn't. Thats just my opinion, though.

I stopped listening when they stopped making music that appealed to me. I just kinda grew out of it. Twiztid are still okay rappers and everything, I just can't relate or get into what they're talking about anymore, and pretty much everyone else on that label is just ICP or Twiztid Jr., with a different gimmick and a different voice.

I disagree with you about the drug thing. I can't tell if you were implying that drug use lead to the panic attack. One of the main themes of ICP was anti-drug use. I have only had one panic attack in my life, and I was stone sober. Scary shit. As far as it being a cop out, if you listen to earlier songs like "Never Had It Made", "Joke Ya Mind", "Amy's In The Attic", or "I'm Coming Home", there were always some religious overtones. At least that's this Juggalo's perception. You should try and give Twiztid's new "gimmick" album a listen. You may like what you hear. It is called "Independents Day", go cop it.
This was all in all, a pretty good breakdown of "The Dark Carnival". Why was this posted by the mean? I thought you hated all of us. Why try to bring validity to what the message is about? Or it's just you making fun of it. Either way, thanks!

Side-note. The Gathering of the Juggalos is just 2 weeks away! I can't wait to see all of you there.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:13 pm
mizterie

i honestly don't think saying god is behind something is validating it.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:23 pm
redball

mizterie wrote:

Amen.

It doesn't work for President Bush, Pat Robertson, or David Duke. Why would it validate ICP?

Then again, I really don't have anything personal against ICP. I do have a lot against using religion to try and validate things, though.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:28 pm
tom inhaler
me too!

it might not validate it, but the wraith is fucking awesome.

"we're not sorry that we tricked you, the carnival will carry on" is pretty brilliant if you ask me.

(you can thank lord grunge for making me a juggalo in training)
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:54 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

redball wrote:
mizterie wrote:

Amen.

It doesn't work for President Bush, Pat Robertson, or David Duke. Why would it validate ICP?

Then again, I really don't have anything personal against ICP. I do have a lot against using religion to try and validate things, though.

i think the main difference is icp are artists why should it validate anything forgeorge bush hes a president he doesnt get paid to validate religion

icp through music can push whatever agenda they want through there music
if you dont like it dont buy it

comparing george bush 'validating' religion to icp doing it is apples and oranges opposite sides of the spectrum
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:21 pm
MessiahCarey

Well yeah, Duh. ICP is for the children.

And to whoever asked about "Cotton Candy", that is off the album that is NOT one of the joker's cards...the Tunnel of Love EP. Therefore, are we to believe this fits into their whole joker's card, Dark Carnival steelo? Who fucking knows.

I may have just outed myself as a former ICP fan, huh?

Seee..I used to love ICP, then I sort of just realized one day "Wow. This production is dope, but these dudes really really really suck." They Vanilla Ice'd it...the just never got any better than their first album. The production continued to get sicker and sicker...but the rapping is horrendous after Beverly Kills.

Ummm...yeah....

Anyway, after Milenko I pretty much gave up on dudes...not because it was bad, it was goosebumpy type good production-wise, but I just could not handle the rapping anymore. I was very surprised, as someone who was actively trying to figure out the concept, when The Wraith turned out to be what it was...I didn't see some G-d shit coming out of it, AT ALL.

If I had to sit down and listen to a record now, it'd be Riddlebox.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:06 pm
redball

mortalthoughts wrote:
redball wrote:
mizterie wrote:

Amen.

i think the main difference is icp are artists why should it validate anything forgeorge bush hes a president he doesnt get paid to validate religion

icp through music can push whatever agenda they want through there music
if you dont like it dont buy it

comparing george bush 'validating' religion to icp doing it is apples and oranges opposite sides of the spectrum

You interpreted that 100% backward. The claim was that somehow ICP's music is more valid because it's supposedly leading kids toward Christianity. That's crap. Their music still sucks or doesn't regardless of this claim.

GW and co try to validate what they do using religion as well. While it's not exactly the same thing it's still using religion to validate something that it has nothing to do with. Whether that's foreign policy, acts of violence, or just music of questionable taste you can't suddenly say, "this is Christian so it's good."

I would never think that any of the people listed would do anything to validate religion. If anything they just point to the sort of double talking and double lives that run rampant through the supposed moral majority. The acknowledgment that those people a prevalent throughout a religion is hard to put a positive spin on.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:09 pm
mizterie

MessiahCarey wrote:
If I had to sit down and listen to a record now, it'd be Riddlebox.

beverly kills is the one i can still listen to. the production on.. uhhhh, god. what's the song. well, the production on the whole ep is good. but the carnival beat for.. 17 dead. that beat is so fucking creepily awesome.

but yeah. i still think that the god thing was a complete cop out whether or not they are seriously religious, which i believe they are. the world was supposed to end when the 6th joker's card dropped, so what the fuck are you supposed to do when you drop it? the world obviously isn't going to end. i guess it's just easier to tell your whole fan base that your whole career was about god than to explain to them that they're just a gimmick.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:24 pm
Mikal kHill

I think even if you hate ICP, you would prolly dig Violent J's solo album, "Wizasrd of the hood". J improved lightyears as a rapper on that album.

I like ICP. They have great production and good punchlines. They listened to mostly late-eighties gangsta shit and it shows, and it appeals to me. Shit is way more entertaining that most hiphop coming out nowadays.

Twiztid are awesome, althought hte last few records have been meh.

-kHill
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:23 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

http://gawker.com/watch-a-juggalo-wedding-ceremony-1545494903
Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:22 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

As I'm watching this video, my wife sees it over my shoulder and says "why are they all so fat? Is that a juggalo thing or are they southern?".

Yes baby, the answer is yes.
Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Juggalos are like bikers...
...except swap the vests and harleys for face paint and soda pop.

They take pride on being non-conforming misfits...
...so they don't care about getting fat or being groomed or handsome.

There's probably a personality type that gravitates towards ICP.
Low on conscientiousness and neuroticism, high on agreeableness.
Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2