Search
Register
MANICx GETS ARRESTED IN NYC!!(long story so getf.ckingready)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Jesse, me and you should start a rapping duo. I will be MC Suave Satchel.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesse

aight dude

I'll be DJ Dove Catcher
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:08 am
Jared Paul

Sneeb:  Reply with quote  

i appreciate the advice, sincerely. from the SEMIprose frontline though, it's ALL about the MANICexpressive Agenda:
1.Recycling is Important
2.Go Vegan!
3.Consider Adopting a Child
4.Voting; based on research.

i believe that if the majority of the people on earth lived by these ideals, then the world would be a much safer, healthier, aware place to live.

Skeptik; this is what you can do. Demonstrating is effective in my opinion and therefore necessary, BUT IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE MOST IMPORTANT TYPE OF ACTIVISM.

*Keeping our eyeballs superglued to the floor and trying to keep our feet off as many of the poison paths as possible / NOBODY bats 1000:
-be a responsible consumer
-boycott any compant that ignores fair trade, civil pay, or worker treatment
-push for a national "maximum wage" in america
-research research research
-take part in local events
-be an honest police officer
-volounteer on a campaign for a poor, but honest politician
-do not make babies you don't need, when their ARE millions who are dying for your love and attention.

RHODE ISLAND IS 48 MILES BY 49MILES IN AREA, WITH TWO CONGRESSIONAL SENATORS THAT ARE JUST AS POWERFUL
AS ANY OTHER TWO REPRESENTING ANY OTHER STATE IN AMERICA,
AND ONLY BUDDY CIANCI IS THE ONLY HOUSEHOLD NAME?

-SEMIprose For Artistic Journalism WILL make these people
"famous" and un missable in our state. this will lead to them
being accountable. we are putting forth a sincere effort to increase
the number of people in this state with ALL the phone numbers of ALL their congressional and district reps hanging on their fridge. we aim to
make everyone believe that they are THE MOST IMPORTANT part
of this, or ANY government.

the next dc demonstration is march 15th /
EVERY Friday downtown Providence in front of the
Federal Building from 4:30-5:30

STAY SAFE EVERYBODY!!

AND PLEASE, I SWEAR, JUST AS SURE AS I AM AN UGLY 5"6 PIECE OF WHITETRASH WITH BAD SKIN, CROOKED TEETH, SMALL PENIS, AND RECEDING HAIRLINE... NOW IS THIS THE TIME FOR ALL OF US TO START PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO WHATS GOING ON.

PEACE (i meant it)
MANICx

* HERE IS A LIST OF WEB-SITES SUPPORTING/SHOWCASING POLITICAL/ECO AWARENESS, endorsed by The MANICexpressive Agenda:

www.votenowar.org
www.votetoimpeach.org
www.internationalanswer.org
www.thisisdemocracy.org
www.c-span.org
www.adbusters.org
www.unitedforpeace.org
www.greasecar.com
www.veggievan.org
www.peta.com
www.veganoutreach.org
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
argot

I swear to God i hang out with the best people on this planet.

Thanks for being my dad, dad.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:24 pm
Bleys

For anyone who cares, I was in NYC for the peace rally and almost got arrested... saw a lot of the same bullshit. Here's my story (cut and paste from another forum):

Well, it was supposed to be a demonstration because the city wouldn't give us a permit to march... but because of police action it turned into a march.

The police used a tactic they also used last month in D.C. to try to break up the rally into little groups and keep the people from gathering. We were supposed to gather at 49th street and 1st ave. At 49th and 3rd they told us to go to 51st to cut over to 1st. At 51st it was 55th, then 58th, then 60th, 61st. At 63rd it was 65th and my friend Noah and I said, "Bullshit." A few minutes later it was 68th. A cop came up to use at 63rd and said, "I'm asking nicely, you have to keep moving toward 68th or I'm going to place you under arrest." We turn around and went back into the road 63rd, rallying the 3000+ people around us not to move.

63rd was supposed to be open to us (the news was reporting that all streets from 49th-72nd were closed for the protest), and the only vehicles on the street were police vehicles. But they wouldn't let us through. The mass of people pushed against a barrier of cops for near and hour chanting "Let us through!" and "Who's streets? OUR STREETS!" (and the occassional "Who's house? Run's house!" just for laughs) and "Civil servents serve US!" (not uphold the status quo). All the while more people were piling back into the street.

If the cops had just let us through in the first place everything would have been fine. Instead, we completely filled 3rd Ave and forced it to be closed to traffic. All police vehicles (vans, buggies, cars) were swarmed with protesters. A few feet from me was as police van with eight or so protesters on top of it. Many people had cameras and were filming and taking pictures, especially of the brutality that was to come.

I was in the front row, being pushed against a line of cops... billy clubs jammed into our ribs. I had my hands up in the air, though, so they knew I was just being peaceful.

Eventually I, and many other people were pushed through the line of cops. I was shoved to the ground by a cop who grabbed my arm and held on to me. "You're coming with me tonight," he told me. My friend Noah, who had been pushed through without consequence 15 minutes earlier came up and said that he wasn't going anywhere without me. The cop gave him 10 seconds to "get out of his face" before he arrested him too. Noah's response was "Then arrest me." I told the cop that he wasn't being rational. I hadn't done anything wrong except stand in a crowd with my hands up and get pushed from behind. Did he really want to go through all the paperwork and bullshit and hassle that was involved in making an arrest? A possibly wrongful one at that? After awhile the pig saw the light and let me go with a gruff, "Get out of here." By that time the entire crowd had pushed through. We'd won the street. The cops couldn't stop the massive flow of people.

I talked to a cop later who told me that they just weren't expecting nearly that many people (and it was the same scene the world over... 1 million people in London, 1-2 million in Rome, Barcelona and Madrid, etc.). All in all there were at least 500.000 in NYC according to reports.

"Around the world, more than 10 million people protested the war. It was the largest day of coordinated protest ever known." - unitedforpeace.org (Note: the Guardian in the UK later reported 30 million worldwide)

Unfortunately because of the unconstitutional action by the NYPD (we have a constitutional right to peacable assembly) it was the same all around the city. As I made my way back to my bus in the afternoon, I visited numerous other pockets in the same situation as I was on 63rd street. At one I had police barriers beind passed over my head, hand-to-hand by the crowd. The police purposely created the tension. And as the day wore on, patience wore thin and unfortunately there were isolated pockets of violence (though nothing major). The police are the guilty party here... guilty of obstruction of the supreme law of the land (constitution), creating tension, and provoking protesters.

As I left NYC around 4:30pm, NPR was reporting at least 400 arrests around the city and numerous more in progress.

All in all, it was an incredible experience and a huge victory. Somehow the media covered it less than the D.C. protest lsat month (even though this one was a hell of a lot bigger). The majority of the media in this country, which the exception of perhaps public broadcasting channels, no longer serves the people and keeps the government in check. It serves the Bush administration propaganda machine.

One TV report I saw gave only 10 seconds to the entire protest and they said, "A peaceful protest in New Yor City turned violent today, but the NYPD quickly put them down."

Bullshit.

Sorry for any typos.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:46 am
SKeptiK

"our streets"  Reply with quote  

i hope no one takes offense to this....

after the commotion really stated to get ugly, and the actual rally was over, I found myself at Times Square, where a bunch of people were still protesting(past the permitted time). They were chanting, OUR STREETS!

I think shit like this only hurts the cause we were out the to support that day. We werent going to change the world overnight, we had our time to speak, and we utilized it well, and we will have that time again.

This was not about OUR STREETS.....

a lot of people out there had the wrong idea(in my opinion)

these poorly organized, idiots were almost getting hit by cars, and almost knowcked a baby out of its carrige(that really pissed the cops off).
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2