Search
Register
Interview before the SLim's show. 2/15/03
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

amano

Re: mmmmm  Reply with quote  

killedbysharks wrote:
mtv makes me sick to my stomach. as does most other commercial tv. i dont see how that could do any good. However, there is an la hip hop show on friday nights, which isnt so bad. they play shape shifter stuff on there. if sage wants a video, who cares. it doesnt interfere with my life.

tom waits has billboards in la, and his albums with his face on bus stops. that is disgusting. he is cool, but the billboard thing is very uncool.

please don't post again in this thread.
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:42 pm
FoJaR

if you are actually considering signing with a punk label, you might want to at least look at Fat Wreck Chords. dont laugh. they may not be as distinguished as Epitaph, but from what i hear they treat their artists well and are pretty flexible.

-FoJaR out
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:39 pm
amano

if he signs with epitaph he'll most liekly end up on their sub-label Anti. Which would still be dope as hell cause thats where Tom Waits is rite now.
Post Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:47 pm
killedbysharks

to amano  Reply with quote  

That was very disrespectful of you. It must have been such a horrible experience for you to have read my post. This will be my last post on this thread. I just had to let you know, I wouldn't want you to loose sleep over it. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. Thanks friend.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:54 am
amano

you didn't 'hurt my feelings' nor did I 'lose any sleep' (this is the first I saw of this thread or this board today since last nite), that would've meant you actually invoked some sorta emotion from that post. The only emotion you invoked (if any) was slight irritation. You sounded like some 14 year old nerd tryin to show how 'underground' he can be. I dunno if you are 14 or whatever (nor do I care) but when someone starts crying over soemone gettin promotion on a level like that for the sole reason that "commercial tv makes him ill" sounds not only asinine and ignorant, but downright juvenile. It's ridiculous to hear someone shunning somethin that could get a lot more ppl wantin to possibly listen to somethin with a lot more substance and soul. I ohpe you can see my point now and why I said that. Unless you're one of those cats who don't want your favorite artist to be heard outside of your little circle and still complain why he (or they) never get any exposure why their shows never have a big turnout.

Toms Waits used to be a country singer too. I know thats got nothin to do with anything but I just wanted to point that out too.

I like Tom Waits, back up offa him. Peace.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:49 pm
CFL

Sage - I think it's a cool idea to work with Epitaph. As stated, they are highly respected and have a usually open-minded fanbase - it's just gonna open you up to more people, which IS A GREAT FUCKING THING.

We need an artist like you to get more exposure...I mean, you're doing well by yourself, but that little extra push that a label like Epitaph will give is huge. Hell, I'm sure we're not far away from Anticon "signing" some straight up indy-rock band, so I think a proactive approach, as opposed to hopping on some sort of label/genre meshing trend later on, is dope.

I WANT A SAGE VIDEO ON MUCH MUSIC (Personal Journalist, please...)

Piece
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:07 am
Sfmindtrap2

This was such a great fuckin show! my first time at slim's, it was hilarious. I could not have dreamed of a better performance of whore monger!
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:13 am
Sfmindtrap2

*SLAP*
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:30 am
stILLboRN

props for that epitaph comp. I got all of them caus u get like twenty eight tracks for less than three bucks. Quality music. Good luck with that shit man for real. Not that i have much good luck to offer, plus luck has nothin to do with it fuck it, do you, and youll get wherever you wanna go. just saying thats tight shit getting recognized by punk musicians, thats usually a scene that isnt very accepting of other artists. The warped tour brings rappers and is a great time, ut the fan support is weak for the emcees. Especially eminem when he first came out everyone hated on him, maybe he deserved it. I hope you get on that tour this year so i could finally see you live, Do you ever come to Jersey
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:14 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2