Search
Register
Love it & Leave it.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ChiefColdHands

Love it & Leave it.  Reply with quote  

Thatís it for me, Iíve seen enough. Iím throwing in the towel. My involvement in this forum has been very replaceable so Iím calling it quits (not that youíll notice seeing how I post sooo much).

There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with this forum. I find myself writing out and then deleting messages that seems like they should be common sense more then I post. Iíve been here since the old forum with the annoying pop ups, and have witnessed the decline first hand. Not that these forums suck, there is just something very disturbing about them.

There are some really cool folks here, but the bad far out weigh the good. It seems as though people donít read posts but reply like crazy. The part in fight club comes to mind ďjust waiting for their turn to talkĒ. How many threads have changed topics with a few random comments? Information here has become less informing, jokes less humorous.

When the most engaging conversations you have at the non-prophets forum are about sports you know something is wrong.

Iím not saying Iím better than, I just choose not be a part of the problem anymore.

I know this has all been pretty negative, but I have enjoyed my stay here its just time to say good bye. I may pop up again to report on the ann arbor show, but this will not be a bluntedinmichigan good bye. Iím out for real. Peace, love, and all that jazz to the heads Iíve shared words with.

SequenceÖ.thanks again for that cd.

Peace,

Jacob.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:15 am
maxamillion

Well I think you got some good points there, now lets see how many bullshit replies will come and change the topic!

See ya, peace

Max
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:23 am
Satyre

So what do you think of the 50 Cent Cd?

Just playing.Yes,this forum gives me a headache from time to time.I hope I was not apart of the problem for you.Peace.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:27 am
barlow

Quote:

Love it & Leave it.

Nah, change it or lose it.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:29 am
hugh grants hooker

the forum isnt completely lost yet. its still very easy to save.
it can once again be the giant ball of love we all knew.

people just need to stop and think before they start knew threads. and definitely before they reply.
for example - whenever someone starts a topic with a link to a site. someone always immediately replies with a direct photo from that site. thats retarded, if we want to see... we'll click the link. things like that are whats bringing it down. however, those arent big things. easy to stop.

and all the info and 'insider news' is still here. ya just gotta weed through a little more bullshit than we might be used to.
peace
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:41 am

amo1ne

Man stop taking shit so seriously. Few of us know each other in real life which is safe to say that few of us are actually friends. These are aqquaintences who share one thing in common - similar tastes in music. That's it. I ignore a lot of posts that seem stupid and sometimes I add stupidity to ones that lack it. Who cares? It's an internet message board and to tell you the truth it's a pretty entertaining place for those of use who have long breaks in between classes or boring evenings at home. The worst part about this forum is the negativity. Too many posts like this! Everyone's turning into a complaint whore. If you're bored, go watch some tv or go make plans with a friend and get out, otherwise chill. You don't need to formally announce you're departure from the internet and act as the though your divine sacered haven of purity has been defaced. If you don't like a post and it upsets you this much that you are inspired to type something like this than you've got a bigger problem.. no disrespect just this type of negative shit is weak.

peace tho.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:03 am
Dee

hugh grants hooker wrote:

people just need to stop and think before they start knew threads. and definitely before they reply.
for example - whenever someone starts a topic with a link to a site. someone always immediately replies with a direct photo from that site. thats retarded, if we want to see... we'll click the link. things like that are whats bringing it down. however, those arent big things. easy to stop.

and all the info and 'insider news' is still here. ya just gotta weed through a little more bullshit than we might be used to.
peace

Perhaps you should make some rules....
1. No posting a photo from a link provided as the subject, particularly if you are the first poster in the thread.
2. Don't create 50 Cent topics
3. "intellectual" topics only please

WHAT THE FUCK.
Its a fucking FORUM. Everybody gets so fucking stressed about its fucking "decline" like its the fucking Roman Empire...its a goddamn FORUM THAT'S BEEN AROUND FOR A YEAR. Ahh, the good old days, before there were 50 Cent posts....
Christ, you guys can fucking BITCH!
I just recently bumped a topic from PAGE FUCKING SEVENTY NINE bitching about how this forum was sucking...FUCK THAT SHIT! I bet you bitches were posting shit about how the forum fell off when the new forum appeared without pop-ups. Fuck, I bet when the first forum appeared you were bitching about how the forum was better before the domain was even purchased! Shit.
Now, there are some people who I really hate seeing posts from on this board....a lot of boring bullshit gets posted..but what the fuck do you expect? I mean seriously, its an internet forum, there's no bouncer at the door....if Sage or Joe don't like what someone has to say, they'll delete/lock their threads...be happy with that. Seriously, its like you guys spend all day wishing it was fucking early 2002...who the fuck cares any more? Furreal, this bitching is getting out of hand. Either LEAVE or POST SOMETHING THAT YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT TO TALK ABOUT.
And don't expect people to feel bad if you decide to leave. If you guys don't like what I post, leave. Unless Sage doesn't like what I'm posting, then you have no control over it, and it's really not worth bitching about.

Being nostalgic for a year old forum is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. For FUCKING real.

Peace.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:23 am
Andvil

I dont mean to butt in but....

You DO have over three THOUSAND posts.

if anyone's "nostalgic" over this message board, its you.

but wait wait wait.....I dont even care.
I'm sure youve heard that countless times.
"wow 3000 posts, woah dude whats the deal?" blah blah
nostalga has nothing to do with it.
I dont care.
if he doesnt like the board, let him not like the board.

Last edited by Andvil on Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:03 am
Dee

Andvil wrote:
I dont mean to butt in but....

You DO have over three THOUSAND posts.

if anyone's "nostalgic" over this message board, its you.

Explain the logic of that to me....Because I post a lot, I'm nostalgic for how the board used to be?
Fuck that. I enjoy posting here, I like arguing here, I like discussing things with like minded individuals. I'm CERTAINLY not nostalgic for how this forum was when I signed up in July of 2002.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:05 am
Andvil

thats why I put nostalgic in quotes, and why I edited my post. forget it

I agree with the below statement. I didnt feel like posting again

Last edited by Andvil on Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:06 am
Dee

Andvil wrote:

if he doesnt like the board, let him not like the board.

He can not like the board all he wants. I'm just saying that bitching about it is a waste of time and its just plain stupid.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:09 am
Heroin Sheik

Ive been a reader since the old board, but just recently registered, so i have a sense of what to post and not what to post and what to respond to and not what to respond to.

I don't understand the decline though. Why do u have to call it quits? I understand where you are coming from and how the board has changed, but theres no apparent reason to stop posting.

You have descision whether you want to respond to something and whether you dont wanna respond, so i suggest you ignore the bad posts that flood this board becasue there are still intellegent subject matter that is worthwhile.

Stick with it. Give it a chance...see where it goes
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:39 am
formerly-penelope

i hope i have not contributed too much to the "decline" ... although, i do agree that there has been a change...even since i've been around (October)

but i also agree with Hugh..
YOU have the power to make this board whatever you want it to be.. so, being the "old-school" member that you are, I would hope that you would realize that Leadership needs to be taken.
And I think it would be great if YOU would DO this...! People like ME need you!
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:25 pm
futuristxen

Re: Love it & Leave it.  Reply with quote  

ChiefColdHands wrote:
I find myself writing out and then deleting messages that seems like they should be common sense more then I post. .

wow I thought I was the only one doing that. My post count would be double at least if posted everything I actually wrote before thinking better of it.

however. I'm not going to get into a conversation about how good or bad the board is as it's a topic that will just come up again next week or the week after that...

Anyhow, If I remember correctly, you will be missed.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:35 pm
hugh grants hooker

djdee2005 wrote:
hugh grants hooker wrote:

peace

Perhaps you should make some rules....
1. No posting a photo from a link provided as the subject, particularly if you are the first poster in the thread.
2. Don't create 50 Cent topics
3. "intellectual" topics only please

WHAT THE FUCK.
Its a fucking FORUM. Everybody gets so fucking stressed about its fucking "decline" like its the fucking Roman Empire...its a goddamn FORUM THAT'S BEEN AROUND FOR A YEAR. Ahh, the good old days, before there were 50 Cent posts....
Christ, you guys can fucking BITCH!
I just recently bumped a topic from PAGE FUCKING SEVENTY NINE bitching about how this forum was sucking...FUCK THAT SHIT! I bet you bitches were posting shit about how the forum fell off when the new forum appeared without pop-ups. Fuck, I bet when the first forum appeared you were bitching about how the forum was better before the domain was even purchased! Shit.
Now, there are some people who I really hate seeing posts from on this board....a lot of boring bullshit gets posted..but what the fuck do you expect? I mean seriously, its an internet forum, there's no bouncer at the door....if Sage or Joe don't like what someone has to say, they'll delete/lock their threads...be happy with that. Seriously, its like you guys spend all day wishing it was fucking early 2002...who the fuck cares any more? Furreal, this bitching is getting out of hand. Either LEAVE or POST SOMETHING THAT YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT TO TALK ABOUT.
And don't expect people to feel bad if you decide to leave. If you guys don't like what I post, leave. Unless Sage doesn't like what I'm posting, then you have no control over it, and it's really not worth bitching about.

Being nostalgic for a year old forum is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. For FUCKING real.

Peace.

fuck you son of a bitch. did you even read my post? NO. obviously not. i was saying that the board isnt really as bad as people make it out to be. holy fuckballs your an idiot. do you even know that this isnt your board? i think you got so upset because you realize that your the one everyone is bitching about. and YOU calling someone 'like minded' is the most insulting thing i've ever read. you fucking jizz mopper. i cant even explain how bad i hate you. you skimmed right over my post, then quoted it, and bitched about it. probably just to get another post for your count. if i put a link in this thread, you'd probably directly post a photo from that site. wouldnt you?
and you've accused me about 5 different times of 'bashing you due to your post count', i just wanted to point out that this is the first time i've ever even mentioned it.

what a sad little person you must be, to live your entire social life through us via this board. i feel sorry for you.
i'm sorry daddy scolded you, next time read his posts before quoting or responding.

i love you.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:48 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next