Search
Register
BLACK ANGER ---WHITE GUILT
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

amano

bluntedinmichigan wrote:
from what ive seen 'nigga' is used in a totally different way then your definition...

as for the 'cracka' thing goes i guess we kind of deserve it.......but all the race 'retartedness' ... its all stupid

yeah, but it's still an issue that really needs to be called attention to cause not a damn thing really has changed. It's just more well hidden than it was 30 years ago.

as for the ni**a comment, you're right, but thats only cause most black male/females use it in a sense to make it less threatening (couldn't think of any other way of puttin it) to themselves and nothin makes white folks more uncomfortable than to hear somethin thas basically a dehumanizing and oppressive term bein used in a sense the same as brother or sister or whatnot. Then again others use it out of ignorance. If you ask me, I don't think it should be used PERIOD no matter who it is.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:14 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

yea....i iguess its somthing that never made sense to me...

consider me 'enlightend'
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:26 pm
PokeHerFace

woman is the nigger of the world...  Reply with quote  

ever hear that song by John Lennon "Woman is the Nigger of the World"? It was immediately banned from radio shows for obvious reasons. But, Lennon has a great point here, and he went on the, I believe Ed Sullivan show or one of those shows (maybe even Carson), to clear up his intention with the song. He came prepared with a written statement from the head of the NAACP of the time. The statement basically said that if we define "nigger" as someone whose life is completely controlled/defined by someone else then "woman truley is the nigger of the world".

The song is on at least one CD i know of: "John lennon live in NYC". The song is not all that "great" as far as melody and other john lennon songs have precedented, but the words are intriguing and the message is powerful.

peace
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:27 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5