Search
Register
The Meaning of Life (seriously)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

hugh grants hooker

randomsurge ---
to walk on water
simply place a 1/2 inch think sheet of clear plexiglass under water. 1/4 or 1/2 inch below the surface... and walk. make sure to keep a nervous expression on your face to convince onlookers.

to move rocks
well...i move aluminum cans. lol
glue a small piece of metal to the inside bottom of the can, tape a magnet to your knee under your pants. sit at a table and "magically" move the can around the table at will. if anyone suggests magnets, just remind them that the can is aluminum which isnt effected by magnets.

to bend spoons
the bending spoons can be purchased at daytona magic for 9.95
along with ALL of david blaines gimmicks.

sorry for my view of reality. very disillusioned.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:28 pm

Nope

lol

these monks had people test the water they were walking on....people went out there with big broom sticks and shit and checked the water and swam around...there was nothing there

the spoons were BIG ASS SPOONS...like those milatary stew spoons.....not a little tea spoon

and unless those rocks were made up of a lot of of metals inside, I doubt magnets could move them...

I've never seen any of blaine's stuff....these monks don't have any technology available to them, all they do all day is meditate and train in their isolated temples
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:34 pm
hugh grants hooker

haha
they have technology available because they DO have money available.
i have seen these 'monks' several times on television shows, for each appearance they are paid at least 'scale' which i believe is $3000.
i'm not saying they use technology, but they do have it available to them.

just because you've seen something with your own eyes does not mean that it was 'real'. in person, live, right in front of my own eyes... i have seen penn and teller kill each other, i have seen david copperfield fly, and yes i have seen a few people walk on water. however, by know stretch of my mind do i even begin to believe any of this was real. its just for your entertainment. just like ms cleo.

peace
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:51 pm

Sarcastro

perhaps these monks should be doing something better with their mind than bending spoons and walking on water.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:09 pm
Nope

hugh grants hooker wrote:
haha
they have technology available because they DO have money available.
i have seen these 'monks' several times on television shows, for each appearance they are paid at least 'scale' which i believe is $3000.
i'm not saying they use technology, but they do have it available to them.

just because you've seen something with your own eyes does not mean that it was 'real'. in person, live, right in front of my own eyes... i have seen penn and teller kill each other, i have seen david copperfield fly, and yes i have seen a few people walk on water. however, by know stretch of my mind do i even begin to believe any of this was real. its just for your entertainment. just like ms cleo.

peace

my friend LIVED with these monks...I wasn't talking about the ones on tv (didn't even know they were on tv). This stuff I have seen in person, and trust me, they allowed everyone to check for any props or anything. The needles were sharp as fuck, the hammer could break rock, and the rock was a rock.

There are ways to block out pain, there are ways to lower the density of things with your mind....my friend only stayed a year so he didn't get to learn any of that stuff

all these monks do is meditate and train...I mean ALL. They're buddhists, they're looking for enlightenment and everything they do all day is to reach that purpose

I suggest you guys read up on buddhist monks if anything...the mind can accomplish more than you think. Western people are so used to everything being fake that they have become very cynical...that's what tv has done to people...everything now's a tv special...even "reality"
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:37 pm
JTP

...delete this post...
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:57 pm
hugh grants hooker

HA HA  Reply with quote  

you can NOT change the density of an object with your mind.

you can not block large amounts of pain unless you kill the nerve endings.
period.

just the facts.

what your friend told you, we in america call 'urban legends'.

dont judge all westerners unless you want to be judged the same way.
stereotyping is silly.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:23 pm

Nope

how do you explain guys being hooked on to a helicopter and being flown around hollywood?

I bet you think the books are made of foam right?

Did you ever hear of a cloak that could go through anything it touched? I forget what it's called, but scientists to this day are baffled by it. They can't figure it out, things just go through this thing, like it's not even there...nobody can explain it

there are things in this world you haven't seen, haven't experienced, don't know about and cannot explain

this does not make them not real...sorry
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:35 pm
Nope

I really wish I could remember the name of this cloak so I could look it up online. A teacher of mine read us a scientific report on it, it's an ancient cloak. She was a religion teacher and she brought it up as phenomena that we cannot explain, even though science has thoroughly studied it
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:39 pm
Alxotty

The meaning of life is taxes, duh.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:41 pm
Nope

Re: HA HA  Reply with quote  

hugh grants hooker wrote:
you can NOT change the density of an object with your mind.

you can not block large amounts of pain unless you kill the nerve endings.
period.

just the facts.

what your friend told you, we in america call 'urban legends'.

dont judge all westerners unless you want to be judged the same way.
stereotyping is silly.

I'm a westerner myself and as such, cynical as fuck.

But I cannot disregard what I have seen done in front of me, and what I and other people try to disprove by checking all the instruments and all the surroundings for any prove that it might not be real.

If I have no reason to believe they were tricking us. We didn't pay, we were in their temple. They were simply demonstrating the power of the mind to us "non-buddhists"...these guys have been at the temple since they were children, they were at least in their 50's...

it'd be funny to spend your whole life at a buddhists temple seeking enlightement to waste it all on a prank on strangers...these guys do not lie, it's almost impossible for them.

I bet you guys don't even know that you can block yourself from feeling certain emotions as well, not only pain. The mind is not only easily manipulated by others, but it can be so by yourself as well

I figured some of you guys might have known about this stuff, but I guess I was wrong...if you don't believe it that's fine...I don't need you guys to believe it to feel better about myself.

as long as everybody's got their nice little shells to feel secure in, nothing outside of it really matters...funny how that works until a couple of buildings get planed
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:53 pm
Jesse

Why in the world should anyone suppose that life has a meaning!?
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:04 pm
hugh grants hooker

HA HA
This is seriously the funniest thing i've ever read on here.

an mysterious cloak that the government cant explain, yet they make known to the public? blocking the minds emotions, using the mind? thats like blocking the use of your hand by using... your hand.

so these guys, who lived their entire lives inside the temple, with whom you spoke... what language did they speak?
or did they tell you that all these buddhist monks walk around in their secluded temples speaking english?
HAHA
a mystical cloak, blocking all pain, moving rocks and bending spoons while changing other objects density. all this sounds like a lame ass super hero.
a lame ass super hero who worships sacred cows. HAHA
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:10 pm

Petrouchka Rasputin

life
n. pl. lives

1.a.The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
b.The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.

2.Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.

3.A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.

4.The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

5.a.The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
b.The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
c.A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
d.The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
e.Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.

6.The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.

7.A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.

8.An account of a person's life; a biography.

9.Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

10.a.A manner of living: led a hard life.
b.A specific, characteristic manner of existence. Used of inanimate objects: Great institutions seem to have a life of their own, independent of those who run them; (New Republic).
c.The activities and interests of a particular area or realm: musical life in New York.

11.a.A source of vitality; an animating force: She's the life of the show.
b.Liveliness or vitality; animation: a face that is full of life.

12.a.Something that actually exists regarded as a subject for an artist: painted from life.
b.Actual environment or reality; nature.

adj.
1.Of or relating to animate existence; involved in or necessary for living: life processes.

2.Continuing for a lifetime; lifelong: life partner; life imprisonment.

3.Using a living model as a subject for an artist: a life sculpture.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:11 pm
JTP

RandomSurge I've done a little bit of studying into Buddhism and I'm interested in what you're saying. I'd like to hear how you ended up at the Temple or how your buddy got to spend a year there if you have the time. That's something I've wondered how people go about doing.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:02 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next