Search
Register
The violence of space exploration
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

ChiefColdHands

that, was not the point at all. the point was before we starting shooting shit into space, lets build better schools, lets fix the roads, lets build new libraries, etc etc etc. there are so many areas in our communities that are starving for funding, and a small portion of what we put into "space exploration" would make a world of difference to them.

and what are they doing? sure we invented new toys because of our space program. but they wouldn't of made those same inventions or something similar? right, we're so much better off now that a flag has been on the moon.
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:25 am
futuristxen

Re: PoeticTerror  Reply with quote  

PoeticTerror wrote:

Third, is this work verbose. I donít think so, it may lack warrants in many areas, assuming the reader knows what the reader is saying, but some of us can only write verbosely. I am one of those people if you canít already tell, so I enjoy it.

you do yourself a great disservice comparing your writing to the other author--what you wrote was understandable and to the point. It was writing that effectively communicated your point. And made much more sense.

Nicely written.
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:45 am
Dregs

Re: ...  Reply with quote  

abacus7 wrote:
Yes indeed people die everyday. But the people who died were the best and most qualified our country has to offer.

The “best and most qualified our country has to offer?” As opposed to the uneducated, throngs of human-refuse currently residing in the United States, you mean?

abacus7 wrote:
People die, and sometimes the circumstances are simply more tragic than others.

Huh? Where is the median, Gandhi? I find your attempt to quantify the severity of individual tragedy contemptible. If your “bereavement” for these seven, heroic philanthropists doesn’t encompass the myriad unfortunates that meet with untimely demise on a daily basis, then you, sir, are a very calloused person. In your headlong attempt to lionize the crew of the Columbia, you have inadvertently slighted all who have suffered loss. Think about it.
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:45 pm
DM

Re: ...  Reply with quote  

Dregs wrote:
abacus7 wrote:
Yes indeed people die everyday. But the people who died were the best and most qualified our country has to offer.

The “best and most qualified our country has to offer?” As opposed to the uneducated, throngs of human-refuse currently residing in the United States, you mean?

abacus7 wrote:
People die, and sometimes the circumstances are simply more tragic than others.

Huh? Where is the median, Gandhi? I find your attempt to quantify the severity of individual tragedy contemptible. If your “bereavement” for these seven, heroic philanthropists doesn’t encompass the myriad unfortunates that meet with untimely demise on a daily basis, then you, sir, are a very calloused person. In your headlong attempt to lionize the crew of the Columbia, you have inadvertently slighted all who have suffered loss. Think about it.

First off, your attempt to use connect big words amounts to nothing and is silly.Second, I have thought about it.

No, not opposed to the uneducated throngs you idiot. If you can't understand why the circumstances of one's death being more tragic then another's, then we are at an impass. It doesn't have to be Gandhi for it to be tragic. You think about it.Also, Philanthropists? Do you know what that word means? THese people were scientists and engineers. Also, I have not slighted all those who suffered a loss. Loss sucks..I know personally. Yet, some are worse than others.If I get ran over, that's tragic. If I get ran over because I was trying to save someone, more tragic. Very simple.

Uneducated throngs? Gandhi? Wow. I'm done now. Your responses have proven to be nothing more then uneducated slippery slopes.

Respond cause I know you will...but know that I could care less about what you say. No more responses from me.

ABacus
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:06 pm
PoeticTerror

PoeticTerror  Reply with quote  

i would really love if someone had a comment on anything i said, i put 45 minutes of thought adn typing into it, someone has to have something to say.
Post Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:58 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

our 'generation' wont live to see the benifits of space exploration.....but it will save the human race eventually.......

but i do agree with cheif too...

hard to pick one side thou gh
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:48 pm
Bleys

Death isn't tragedy. It's good PR, if you know how to spin it. That's all.

Oh, and I only read the first page of posts, so sorry if this is dissonant with whatever the current theme of this thread happens to be.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:39 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

poetic...
when i have the time, i will reply to you. i just read your response and when i get more time in front of a computer, i will respond dutifully. i thank you very much for not being an idiot and for taking these ideas seriously.

robert
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:55 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2