Search
Register
You indie kids make me sick...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

rekoniz

I didn't take any of this personally...but I thought dude made a reasonable point....although it was generalized...

btw.... salvation army gear kicks a$$
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:22 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

and by everything you just said it kinda sounds like you fall in that catagory yourself....

:twisted:
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:22 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

rekoniz wrote:
I didn't take any of this personally...but I thought dude made a reasonable point....although it was generalized...

isnt it kind of hard to take anything over the net from a bunch of random people personally ???<unless you know them from the 'real world'
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:24 pm
rekoniz

bluntedinmichigan wrote:
rekoniz wrote:

isnt it kind of hard to take anything over the net from a bunch of random people personally ???<unless you know them from the 'real world'

You would think so.....but it seemed like some were gettin defensive...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:26 pm
BeatReporterMag

i'm not going to stand up for the indie kids, just because i look like one. the indie kids in boston, a relative indie kid capitol, are awful. i'm not friends with any of them. the majority might as well be white cap wearing, date raping frat kids/hot pants wearing, body shot taking sororiety sisters. they all go out to clubs and like to pretend that electroclash remixes are far superior to the same techno songs they play on landsdowne street. but, i will say a little in their defense...

hip hop kids look the same. hippies look the same. frat kids look the same. whether its baggy cargo pants, nappy dreds, or white hats, or the thick rimmed glasses (which i rock, b/c i like), every subgenre of popularity has a 'look.'

i wear "too-small-of-shirts lookingl ike the same one you were born in" because i got sick of paying $25 for a Ecko/LRG shirt that is 18 sizes too big. i'll shop at a thrift store, b/c i can afford to have more clothes. fuck patches, i'll agree there. but i digress...

i started this as a defense of indie kids and now i'm not so sure i want to defend them. i feel obligated to defend them, b/c if you walked by me on the street, you would assume i was one, yet i'd like to think that i look like a hip hop kid from the mid 1980s (remember when the hip hop cats wore tight pants, bandanas around their wrists, members only jackets and thick rimmed glasses?).

but i am not an indie kid, i am a serious hip hop head. but i'm a thug at heart. when i die, i'm going to thugz mansion.

which leads me to another point, don't assume that all indie kids hate the mainstream. it is now cool in indie culture to embrace the mainstream. indie kids love the neptunes, and in that same indie club, right after that same electroclash remix, you'll hear a cut off the new justin timberlake album.

i've digressed enough. fuck indie kids. i agree.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:26 pm
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

soundoctrine  Reply with quote  

If you want to start a label...fuck it! start the motherfucker up...if its in your heart you won't come off as one of the geeky followers.
peace
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:28 pm
SoundDoctrine

Imma be real...I shop at thrift stores...But I've seriously been doing it since middle school...I don't just do it for image sake...I do it because it's friggin' cheap...I don't wear horn-rimmed glasses, I have some wal-mart $18 pair that look like they were off the $150 section (great buy)...I actually NEEDED my glasses...I wash my hair in the shower and dry it...Put moisturizer in it and that's it...I'm black mixed with mid-east Indian so I have lesser-than-nappy hair...I can do that...I like alot outside of this so called "independent culture", yet I DO respect independence...I like to say I have a balance...You won't see me with buttons of my favorite "indie bands" on my bookbag or my jacket...You will see two stickers on my car an Anticon sticker (I got from a concert and always wanted one) and my college parking sticker...You will not see my back window imparing vision on the inside due to the clutter of "Go Vegans" stickers and band stickers...I am me...I do what SOUNDDOCTRINE likes...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoundDoctrine

About that label...It's called "Stem Records"...I'll have my first two releases this year and next year...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoundDoctrine

I'm 18 years old...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:33 pm
Random Sample

I just hate all of the little emo indie kids that think that they are punk rock. They are not punk rock they are a bunch of whiney cry baby pussies.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:34 pm
BeatReporterMag

true. fuck emo kids.

i wish punk wasn't dead. i wish punk musicians would try to advance their genre, rather than trying to resurect the clash. i wish my little brother didn't think that good charlotte was punk.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:37 pm
SoundDoctrine

haha...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:43 pm
Reggie

Yeah, lame ass debates like this were really pertinent and urgent when I was 17, too.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:50 pm
SoundDoctrine

I was stating my age in reference that I am proud of starting a label at my age...Sorry I offended you bitter one...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:58 pm
Reggie

Heh, I didn't even know you were 17. Lucky "guess."

For the record, I hate all you damn kids, emo or otherwise.

Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:27 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next